Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell & Maguire in England squad.

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

As a Scotsman, it's quite amusing to watch you all bitch and moan about this team selection. You guys have no idea how good you've got it. Lol. 

i mean, you can have Henderson and dier if you really want

• Like 1

Still feel crazy that a kid that's been in our academy since he was single digits old is now England's left back.

It'll feel even crazier if Barnes and Hamza make it to the national first team too.

All those who've been working in our academy for the past 15 years need a solid pat on the back. Impressive work.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Still feel crazy that a kid that's been in our academy since he was single digits old is now England's left back.

It'll feel even crazier if Barnes and Hamza make it to the national first team too.

All those who've been working in our academy for the past 15 years need a solid pat on the back. Impressive work.

Barnes has some serious competition for the wing positions. 

Sterling, Sancho, Hudson Odei et al

The academy staff should be so proud for what they've done with our academy

chilwell getting call ups for England in an age where most PL clubs look abroad rather than to their own people for footballing talent.

Barnes and choudhury most likely to follow suit and getting regular game time in the PL.

Hold your head up and be proud once again LCFC.

Is it just me or are we doing everything right these days?

Edited by Fightforever
Typo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

A few have said in other threads how often Chilwell runs forward then ends up turning round and going back in the other direction. I  hadn’t really noticed it before  but lost count  how many  times he did it tonight  

I'd rather he keep possession and the team work another opening than swing an aimless ball in, frankly.

You'll see all full backs do this.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I'd rather he keep possession and the team work another opening than swing an aimless ball in, frankly.

You'll see all full backs do this.

No I totally get that but it just seemed a few times he ran out of ideas . I’m not trying to put him down as he’s a young player and still learning it’s more a case of  stating  I’d never noticed it before tonight 

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Chilwell and Maguire are not as good as  Huth and Fuchs.

Maybe not as good as they were in 15/16, but definitely better than they are in 18/19.

If only we could flash freeze players between games and stop them aging, eh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Chilwell and Maguire are not as good as  Huth and Fuchs.

not an accurate  assessment.

Huth was a chelsea reserve at the same age Maguire was playing regular prem football and i don’t think Fuchs was even  a regular in. the austrian league same age Chillwell started playing regular prem for us

Bobby huth’s game becomes redundant next season with VAR .......

he cannot be compared to Harry - the only similarity being  where they play on the pitch 

Chilwell charging forward and then turning back takes the whole team up the pitch so if the ball is subsequently turned over, it’s less dangerous ......it’s not negative ....it’s sensible tactics and all the best sides do it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fightforever said:

The academy staff should be so proud for what they've done with our academy

chilwell getting call ups for England in an age where most PL clubs look abroad rather than to their own people for footballing talent.

Barnes and choudhury most likely to follow suit and getting regular game time in the PL.

Hold your head up and be proud once again LCFC.

Is it just me or are we doing everything right these days?

Spot on. The club can see the fruits of having a top-class academy and that is why we are going to have one of the best training grounds and youth development in the country. For a club our size it's the only real way we can compete with the top six. Well done to our owners for having such foresight.