Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell & Maguire in England squad.

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Or he played the other day and wants to rotate

Seems odd to rotate one of the youngest players who has played relatively few games this season (no Europe and limited cup runs) and was one of the best players in the last game? Walker would have been the more obvious full back to rotate, especially given the quality of the back up at RB.

So regarding “our” two.

Rose is cack. Chilwell’s spot is safe (unless you check on other forums, Sick Note Shaw is preferred)

Harry is like a bloke with concrete boots wearing a neck brace.

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So regarding “our” two.

Rose is cack. Chilwell’s spot is safe (unless you check on other forums, Sick Note Shaw is preferred)

Harry is like a bloke with concrete boots wearing a neck brace.

But with Keane to compete with, hardly "tough" to be third choice. Stones and Gomez will probably be 1 and 2. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

rose is a decent player

shaw is a decent player

chilly is a decent player

chilly probably has more improvement in him than Shaw and certainly more than rose 

I like chilwell I just thought he looked a little one dimensional going forward the other night looked backwards too often, i thought rose linked well with the wingers going forward tonight 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

thought rose offered a lot more going forward than chilwell to be honest 

Interesting, and just shows how differently people can see the same game, because i was thinking the exact opposite, that Rose offered far less tonight than Chilwell going forward. lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Interesting, and just shows how differently people can see the same game, because i was thinking the exact opposite, that Rose offered far less tonight than Chilwell going forward. lol

Yeah I guess so haha I still think rose will be in ahead of chilwell next time round 

• Like 1

Harry didn't look happy when Keane got that goal. In fact Keane was better over the 2 games than Harry which is a surprise because since he got his transfer Keane has looked rubbish. Still the opposition hasn't been Prem standard has it?

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

Harry didn't look happy when Keane got that goal. In fact Keane was better over the 2 games than Harry which is a surprise because since he got his transfer Keane has looked rubbish. Still the opposition hasn't been Prem standard has it?

I wouldn't go that far, he was at fault for the only goal we conceded.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FIF said:

Keane was bloody awful on the Montenegro goal. I think the coaching staff will remember that more than a header off an excellent free-kick. 

Maguire

Here is how the national media rated his display.

The Guardian

Not many people agreed with Matej Vydra’s assertion last week that Maguire was England’s ‘weak link’ at the back – and he has not looked it in these two games. Combative and utterly dependable. 7

Sky Sports

Maguire is now the senior centre-back in this England defence and he appears to be embracing the role with a typically strong display. Not all of his passes found their target but he was committed to playing out from the back, put in some heavy challenges, and was his robust self in the air. 7

Daily Express

Seemed to relish the more direct challenge Montenegro posed and looked strong at England’s heart. 7

Harry Maguire celebrates with Harry Kane and Declan Rice (Image: Andrej Isakovic/AFP/Getty Images)

The Sun

Composed, made some important tackles and proved he is turning into a solid international defender. The fans sung about him throughout and Gareth Southgate will also have been pleased. 7

Daily Telegraph

The Leicester centre-half looks thoroughly at home in an England shirt these days and commanded the back line with real authority. Imposing figure. 7

Daily Mail

Pick of his efforts was the turn of pace and perfect tackle to stop Fatos Beciraj in his tracks. 6.5

Daily Mirror

Looks an absolute giant at times, big presence on the pitch. Strong. 6