Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I'm confused by everyone being so happy about this. 

It's the fee. I think most people accepted last season that he was going to go, but to get a fee like that is the great bit. Sad to see him go as I think he could have really gone places here, but you can't argue that the club have let him go easily.

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Great player and it will weaken our cb department  without a doubt. However we have technically spent nothing for youri, perez and Justin. Think of it as just over two youris, it will make you feel better about it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I think Rodgers knows who Harry’s replacement is and that will be Benkovic when he’s fully fit remember he got him in at Celtic and raved about him so he’s a Rodgers signing in effect

Hope you are correct.  He and his staff have seen more of him than any one on here!

6 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It's a shame to see one of our better players go but it represents an enormously good piece of business (as long as we don't immediately go waste 50 on Dunk) which is probably our short and mid term future. 

Signing players and selling them on for big profit is what we're likely to do for a while. People need to square that away with themselves and get used to it now. 

• Like 3

Just now, moore_94 said:

Seems like there is add ons involved as well, probably going to be £80m + £5m add ons

should throw in an extra £20m add-on if their sack OGS before the end of the season

• Haha 1

Shame to see him go but can't say no to that kind of money. Wonder if we'll buy someone then? Doesn't give us much time and a lot of teams arent goign to want to sell up a week before the season starts (unless we go abroad that is). 

The timing is appalling and I'm now significantly less confident in our chances of achieving something special this season. Hope we've got someone lined up, or Soyuncu cuts out the brainfarts.

Fair play to the club for setting a price and sticking with it though.

£85m for Maguire lol

World record fee for a defender lol 

Fantastic bit of business from the club. Yeh he will be missed but we’ll done from the club for holding out for as much as possible.

Edited by buzzer_b