Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

4 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

We will have made a big fat loss on this deal or a totally insignificant profit 

the economics of football compleatly lost on folks 

Can you explain that one? Genuinely interested to know what you mean.

Just seen you already have. I'd have to disagree with you.

Edited by filbertway

People saying that they've paid over the odds:

Some absolute tripe regularly changes hands for £30-£40m. He's one of the most sought after English players. Yes, £80m is a shedload of money, but that's just where we are now. 

We paid £30m (ish) for Slimani who is essentially a Sunday league player.

Still not quite decided how I feel about this one.

Obviously the fee is ridiculous and we've absolutely had Utds pants down on this one. Still leaves a bit of a hole in our defense though as we have no idea how well the young lads can step up or how well any new signing will fit in. Could go either way. However it does mean we'll possibly be able to bring in another key player like a winger who could push us to the next level. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Last game of the season against United could be very interesting if European football is on the line...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

£20m to Hull to buy him 

further 10m in wages and bonuses 

another £18m to hull in sell on clause 

£5m+ to agents 

£40m to replace him 

total cost 90m+ !!!! 

we have MADE nothing from this deal 

But continue celebrating selling our defender ??

So we get the replacement for free to me that’s good if I buy and sell a couple of houses then get one free that’s good keep taking the clown juice ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Arise SIRyuncu!

I'll get me coat.

Kind of thought I'd already done the work on that one.  Take the credit of you will;  you post more than I do.  

Add a post about Knight too of you will.  Do you think King will make the final 25?

9 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

£20m to Hull to buy him 

£5m+ to agents 

£40m to replace him 

total cost 90m+ !!!! 

If I asked you yesterday would you have said we'd lost or wasted (£20 + £10 + £5 = )  £35million on Maguire? No, you wouldn't. So those figures don't come into the equation when you're talking about selling him - it's a sunk cost fallacy.

If we've sold him for £85m then we're giving Hull about £10m back (15% of profit) and maybe spending £40m on a replacement. That's still a cash injection for us of £45million. A far cry from the nothing you're claiming.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

£20m to Hull to buy him 

£5m+ to agents 

£40m to replace him 

total cost 90m+ !!!! 

You're not a business man are you. 

You can't be including buying price and wages as part of the expenditure.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

People are pleased with the fee. Not his departure. The departure was difficult to block I imagine. :(

He wanted to go and was never going to stay more than three season. His love story with MU began as long time ago. Remember his tweets about MU and the rumors at the beginning (or middle) of last season? Credit to him, he never made a fuss.

No one can decently be surprised by the outcome. Both sides are happy and MU got their pants royally down. 

I personally wish him all the best there. 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

he will certainly be under the spotlight and I've always had him down as a nervous type of player however he did add quite a bit to our team in terms of his presence but defenders can be replaced quite easily.

It may sound bitter but a month ago someone made the very good point that Maguire has joined United at a similar point in their careers Jones and Smalling left Blackburn and Fulham. 

In an open side, certain parts of his game are going to be exposed. He thrives in the scenario of playing deep - see his performances at Anfield and Old Trafford (when he first joined)

• Like 1