Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I like how there seems to be a new report every day saying the same 2 clubs are willing to pay the same price that we've said we're not interested in.

Quality journalism.

Its mostly Sky and no doubt they are making 100s every day from people thinking 'Thats worth a tenner' on Skybet.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its mostly Sky and no doubt they are making 100s every day from people thinking 'Thats worth a tenner' on Skybet.

Possibly not quite that much, considering they don't own any part of it anymore nor have any involvement.

Oh the outrage on Blue Moon that we have suddenly put up the Maguire price from 65m to 100m in 4 days! These boys need to ignore the media a bit more, else they are going to have a seizure.

40 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

The media wont be happy until every England international is at one of the so called top 6.

So that they can then abuse the very same clubs for not giving all the national squads players enough minutes, likewise ridicule Southgate for picking players who haven't played as much over unfashionable players from Watford, Leicester (none left) and Bournemouth.

26 minutes ago, Strokes said:

And lose his loyalty bonus, na.......

Which can and will be taken care of in the 150-200% pay increase and signing on fee he'd get.

Leicester would be more likely to sell at £65-70m if they didn't have to pay Maguire several million out of it. All depends how desperate he is to leave. I can't help but feel this summer or possibly next at a stretch is the crucial moment for him to get his move to a bigger club. After that he runs the risk of being seen as a player who isn't worth anywhere near what his parent club value him at and puts off any move, leaving him in a dilemma to run down his contract and trying to pinch a move when he's 28/29 having already missed out on 2-3 years of over double/treble his wages.

This is why that as a club, I would hope we sit down amicably with Harry and plan an exit on our terms, i.e.; when, for how much, maybe even reduction in playing time to bed in replacement  (Should such a person arrive in this window or the next). Deadline day exits should be explicitly prohibited for key players.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is why that as a club, I would hope we sit down amicably with Harry and plan an exit on our terms, i.e.; when, for how much, maybe even reduction in playing time to bed in replacement  (Should such a person arrive in this window or the next). Deadline day exits should be explicitly prohibited for key players.

This is something we would already have done with Harry last summer. There’s been talk of previous gentlemen’s agreements.

Problem for Harry, like Mahrez before him, is that we won’t have set a specific price, just told them “if our valuation is met”.

That valuation can and will increase with continued form and market inflation.

4 hours ago, Dames said:

This whole thing stinks of papers manufacturing interest for clickbait and Sky Sports pushing people towards transfer betting.

And yet they're trying to get customers to bet 'responsibly' (via their "When The fun stops, stop"/Jeff Stelling adverts).

They're hardly doing anything positive to make this campaign of theirs effective in this case..

It's quite silly from a market-leading company where cash is rife.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

4 hours ago, nettle said:

Harry's gonna drop the transfer request bombshell soon if he thinks Man Utd or Man City are losing interest?

Is there any proof that he's desperate to go? 

• Like 1

It’s all a load of sh-t Man U & City think they can just offer what they think for a player and clubs will sell, well all this Tv money as come back to bite them on the arse. Clubs are getting richer and don’t need to sell best players any more and are telling the likes of the above to fcuk off and they don’t like it.

Money,Money,Money.....Although i don't know HM,he comes across to me as a lad who has got his head screwed on.Shef Utd,Hull,us.I'd like to think he would see us as i see us.A club going forward.Manu in decline,Manc another Englishman to fill the books.

7 hours ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

The media wont be happy until every England international is at one of the so called top 6.

I don't think the media give two hoots who plays where.

Instead, as a commercial enterprise, they make more money speculating on big club player/politics/strategy....Any business minded editor worth his salt would demand accurate well sourced stories...but ideally stories which mass numbers want to read

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

“Leicester City are inflating the market”

CAC4914A-AAAC-4588-8CA1-1A2030965FB1.thumb.jpeg.df66813e6e76dc30b7a43ce8e2e055eb.jpeg

I was winding a Man Utd fan up today saying 'I see Man Utd have inflated the market again', he was having none of it :crylaugh:

Deluded.

These 'big' clubs have set a precident, simple as that.

Just now, sylofox said:

It's not the price that's pissing them off. 

It's the fact little Leicester won't bow down to them and cave in. 

We really should give them a pay up or feck off price. 

Yes  and I have said this elsewhere we should turn the tables on them and start putting in ridiculous offers for some of their players (particularly the likes of Foden who may just be tempted by regular game time)  and see how they like it

• Like 3