Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

40 minutes ago, reynard said:

The actual value of a player is what the purchasing clubs are prepared to play.

Yes we can play tough and ask for 80 million but if no one is prepared to pay more than 65 million then his worth is 65 million. We can still value him on our books at 80 million but it really is a false figue if we can't actually get that much.

But that’s where it’s a win win, if reports are correct we don’t need to cash in for us to finance our spending. So you either pay the £80 if you want him that bad or we keep one of our best players whilst challenging you for the top 6.

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Manchester United have pulled out of the running to sign Leicester City and England defender Harry Maguire after being told the 26-year-old will cost £100m. (Mirror)

Excellent.

I think I know what’s going on here. Rudders has been watching YouTube & seen the clip of Ed Woodward buying winegums... :ph34r:

0:50-1:50 if anyone’s interested in what I’m on about lol 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Yes we can play tough and ask for 80 million but if no one is prepared to pay more than 65 million then his worth is 65 million. We can still value him on our books at 80 million but it really is a false figue if we can't actually get that much.

yes but it means we keep him though.

Edited by string the Eskimo

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Manchester United have pulled out of the running to sign Leicester City and England defender Harry Maguire after being told the 26-year-old will cost £100m. (Mirror)

Excellent.

I don't understand why this is a shock to Utd. The reports all along were we'd want in excess of £80m, why act surprised that after a low ball offer that we put our foot down.

1 hour ago, reynard said:

If the player isn’t for sale then you have pay over the odds

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

But a house doesn’t have ambitions and feelings (and family) .......I’m afraid it’s not that simple ...... hopefully  HM will respect the club enough but if Man City are set on this (due to their home grown player issues) then I can’t see it 

Then we don't sell. We can't just keep selling for under the market value because a bigger club comes calling. If a player has signed a contract then they have to respect that. It's not like Maguire only has 12 months left on his contract.

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Then we don't sell. We can't just keep selling for under the market value because a bigger club comes calling. If a player has signed a contract then they have to respect that. It's not like Maguire only has 12 months left on his contract.

Would imagine that if his heart is set on it, the club would discuss plans about his release for a future date, and agree a figure they would accept once he confirms he will stay for a defined period of time.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Would imagine that if his heart is set on it, the club would discuss plans about his release for a future date, and agree a figure they would accept once he confirms he will stay for a defined period of time. 

Very true, but if that's the case, then we set out the price, ask him to forget about any loyalty bonus and we'll accept a slightly lower offer to make his dream move come true. We won't just let him go for a low offer because he wants to play CL football.

• Like 1

Bored. Bored. Bored.   Buy Tarkowski now for as little as possible and tell the Mancs we will only see Maguire for £95m cash.  If they don’t take him fine ..   keep Tark to either play 3 at the back and/or as cover for Evans, send Caglar out on loan (he will get better) and flog Benko to Celtic...   jobs a goodun !! ...    :thumbup:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, reynard said:

That assumes that we want to sell or must sell. If not, his value to us may exceed what another club is willing to pay.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Having been massively mugged over for Pogfart , I guess Woody is not going to get done over again?   Man City or he stays then.

Yep, I think that's it !  The big issue then, are Man City willing to stump up more than they have previously said - I think £80m has been mentioned.  IF £100m is the new figure (and I guess that is a BIT negotiable), the most likely route for him there, is whether they come up with a tantalising Player Exchange - I can't see them paying anything like that in cash. Who could be in an Exchange ?  Don't mention Mahrez !! 

I love these reports of 100m, shows how bloody keen our club really is in keeping our best talent, and hearing Maquire is happy to stay really tells you how loyal and realistic he is. Even big clubs cant tempt that much. I think playing as a main star is much more valuable than a bench warmer, Mahrez is a clear example to all our main stars, that a move away might not be as gold as you may think..

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Excellent.

Also says in that article that it's now over to Man City to see if they are willing to pay that much.

Hang on, only a few days a go in the same paper they were saying it was basically a done deal with Man City and should be completed this week :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Also says in that article that it's now over to Man City to see if they are willing to pay that much.

Hang on, only a few days a go in the same paper they were saying it was basically a done deal with Man City and should be completed this week :rolleyes:

It is all just a bit of a farce really. Darren Lewis who works for the mirror was on talksport last night saying we wanted 80 so contradicts what his colleague is saying. Can't see anyone spending 100. 

9 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

It is all just a bit of a farce really. Darren Lewis who works for the mirror was on talksport last night saying we wanted 80 so contradicts what his colleague is saying. Can't see anyone spending 100. 

The Daily Mirror is about as accurate as Wilf's shots on goal. This thread really needs closing now until something more credible happens.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Yep, I think that's it !  The big issue then, are Man City willing to stump up more than they have previously said - I think £80m has been mentioned.  IF £100m is the new figure (and I guess that is a BIT negotiable), the most likely route for him there, is whether they come up with a tantalising Player Exchange - I can't see them paying anything like that in cash. Who could be in an Exchange ?  Don't mention Mahrez !! 

I'm surprised that Delph hasn't been mentioned as a possible part Exchange.  What is his value, he has only has 1 year left on his contract, something like £20m? Man City have already made it clear, they're open to offers for him. He could do a job for us on the left side of midfield, perhaps if the Callum McGregor move is off?.

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Ya think?

Neither. 

Neither team has even started transfer negotiations.

Just all paper talk hense why the asking price from us goes up and down everyday.

All bollucks.

He will be playing for us next season

• Thanks 1