Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

10 of the Hardest Players in Leicester City's History

Shouldn't this thread be called '10 of the hardest players in Leicester City's recent history' to reflect the fact that nobody from before about 1960 is likely to be mentioned? Looking at very old team photos, it looks like there were plenty of tough guys from earlier periods in City's history. 

• Like 1

Not sure I ever saw Tom Lawrence  make a tackle and Martin Henderson never actually headed the ball he would just run under it.

John Sjoberg was not a big guy no more than 5/10 but when you are 8 years old he looked fearsome.

Some good lads over the years but I still think Was is the stand out character.Someone mentioned earlier when Suarez fancied his chance and very quickly decided against it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, String fellow said:

Shouldn't this thread be called '10 of the hardest players in Leicester City's recent history' to reflect the fact that nobody from before about 1960 is likely to be mentioned? Looking at very old team photos, it looks like there were plenty of tough guys from earlier periods in City's history. 

True but most of those blokes probably saw at least one World War, possibly two. Different breed of hardness back then. Make the likes of Duncan Ferguson and Roy Keane look like Neymar.

• 2 weeks later...

These two were quite handy...although Young was all mouth.

s-l300.jpg.9ab165575299260f71b17fd60375a3bf.jpg

I recall big Bob Hazell being sent off for QPR for twatting Goodwin. 

Talking of which... "Who makes petrol bombs? Bob Hazell, Bob Hazell"

My list - all previously mentioned I think...

Mike Galloway

Walshy

Big Bob - once heard the crunch of one of his tackles from the back of the upper stand of the Double Decker.

Wasilewski

Taggart

Killer

Coatsworth

Ally Mauchlen

Elliot was handy

Jamie Lawrence

But the winner, no contest.....Len Chalmers 

15 minutes ago, Line-X said:

These two were quite handy...although Young was all mouth.

s-l300.jpg.9ab165575299260f71b17fd60375a3bf.jpg

I recall big Bob Hazell being sent off for QPR for twatting Goodwin. 

Talking of which... "Who makes petrol bombs? Bob Hazell, Bob Hazell"

My list - all previously mentioned I think...

Mike Galloway

Walshy

Big Bob - once heard the crunch of one of his tackles from the back of the upper stand of the Double Decker.

Wasilewski

Taggart

Killer

Coatsworth

Ally Mauchlen

Elliot was handy

Jamie Lawrence

But the winner, no contest.....Len Chalmers 

Remember that game at QPR. When Bob Hazell got sent off the City fans started singing 'There's a brown man in the bath' to the tune of 'Brown girl in the ring'

Made me laugh, anyway.

Edited by Stoopid
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, yorksfox said:

Kember, Carlin from the 70's, Coatsworth, Whitlow,Lennon. Frank Large was hard as nails!

Forgot Carlin

Wiry little bloke but never flinched a tackle. In the same mould as the likes of Nobby Stiles

First game I ever saw was in 1987. We lost 0-1 at home to Shrewsbury Town (I think) and Walshy was sent of for fairly whacking their Centre Forward with an elbow.

Speaking of other hard men Matt Elliot was one of the special guests (along with Richard Dune) on BeIN sports coverage of Premier League games last week. BeIN sports is part of the Aljazeera Broadcast network owned by the Qatar Government and owns the rights outside the UK to the Premier League.

• 1 month later...
On 29/03/2019 at 06:04, String fellow said:

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Yes they were certainly on the pitch when it kicked off, but hard????