Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Newcastle (H).. Up next.. Early thoughts.

Another tricky one tonight with Newcastle scrapping for survival. I'd be surprised if they were relegated though. Rafa's Newcastle are a tough team to beat at the KP. 

They will look to unsettle us but we'll need to avoid conceding an early goal. If they get in front it could be a frustrating evening. Might be the toughest test of our midfield/attack under Rodgers. 

Good enough to win all things going well. Fingers crossed.

Cringeworthy questioning from someone on BBC RL towards Rodgers at the pre-match presser. First time I've heard him pretty much outright refuse to answer, and sound genuinely miffed.

Why on earth they send someone so inexperienced to do actual journalists' jobs, I don't know. At least Stringer can manage to semi-eloquently ask a pertinent question and not embarrass himself.

Edited by RoboFox

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Cringeworthy questioning from someone on BBC RL towards Rodgers at the pre-match presser. First time I've heard him pretty much outright refuse to answer, and sound genuinely miffed.

Why on earth they send someone so inexperienced to do actual journalists' jobs, I don't know. At least Stringer can manage to semi-eloquently ask a pertinent question and not embarrass himself.

What did they ask?

5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

What question was he asked

1 minute ago, BrummieFOX said:

What did they ask?

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

What question was he asked

BR was asked a question about Rondon, and is explaining his qualities...

RL: "Might Rondon be a player you're interested in bringing in?"

BR: *five seconds of silence* "I don't think it's even a question, is it?"

RL: *bloke starts crying hysterically*

(made the last bit up)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

(made the last bit up)

What a tool 

19 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

(made the last bit up)

Great response by Rogers though!

25 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

(made the last bit up)

I don’t know why we’d even want Rondon. Let West Ham and Everton sign the mid table players. 

A few stats 

• Leicester have won five of their last six league encounters with Newcastle (L1) - as many as they'd won in their previous 29 (W5 D8 L16).
  • Newcastle are looking to win consecutive away games against Leicester in the top-flight for the first time since September 1959 under Charlie Mitten.
  • Leicester have played more Premier League games on a Friday without a victory than any other side in the competition (P6 W0 D2 L4). Meanwhile, Newcastle have lost more Premier League games on Friday than any other side (6).
  • Leicester have won their last three home Premier League games, as many as they had in their previous 12 at the King Power Stadium (W3 D2 L7). They last won four in a row at home in May 2017 (a run of five).
  • Leicester have won their last four Premier League games, last winning five in a row in April 2017.
  • Leicester's Jamie Vardy has had a hand in four goals in his last five Premier League games vs Newcastle (three goals, one assist), including scoring in this exact fixture last term.
  • Leicester's Youri Tielemans has either scored or assisted a goal in five of his last six Premier League appearances, scoring twice and assisting three.
  • Jamie Vardy has netted six goals in Leicester's five Premier League games under Brendan Rodgers so far, accounting for 50% of the Foxes' total under the new manager.

Is anybody on a terrible run of not scoring for Newcastle?

If so then SkyBet can take my money on him scoring first, this just has a feeling of us being instantly elated at scoring a late equaliser and then once we've settled down the realisation kicks in that its a 1-1 draw at home to Newcastle.

Apologies for being overly negative, its a Friday, its only the 12th, and I already have no money......please win

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I agreed with absolutely every word you said...until your last sentence ?

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Great response by Rogers though!

Should have heard his response at the Q&A night when asked whether we needed to sign a target man for a plan B- completely rubbished the idea and said that we 'don't want to spend £30m on a lamppost'

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Is anybody on a terrible run of not scoring for Newcastle?

If so then SkyBet can take my money on him scoring first, this just has a feeling of us being instantly elated at scoring a late equaliser and then once we've settled down the realisation kicks in that its a 1-1 draw at home to Newcastle.

Apologies for being overly negative, its a Friday, its only the 12th, and I already have no money......please win

Miguel Almiron hasn't had the start he wanted for Newcastle, and hasn't scored yet.