Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Newcastle (H).. Up next.. Early thoughts.

I think this will be tough. Newcastle haven't exactly been rolled over in many of their matches and on their day they've had good results against Everton, Man City etc. Saying that, if we continue our good form and get the first goal we should pick up the 3 points. 

• Like 1

Assuming Vardy is fit and Allbrighton out exact same team and probably Barnes/Gray to be subbed depending on how they go and Mendy on to protect a lead.

If Vardy can do 60 mins then bring on Nacho if Brenda has seen enough in training to be confident and play someone close to him.

Schmeichel

Ricardo Soyuncu Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi

Albrighton Tielemans Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Quite fancy seeing Soyuncu and Maguire together, mainly for the comedy aspect of Schmeichel potentially being the only defence at times. 

Also, I'd just like to see Albrighton play within the new regime and style, nothing against Gray, he'll get a chance from the bench. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

On the TV, we never seem to play well in front of the nation/world! Still I remember us losing 7-1 to these live on TV so I’d like that to be put right tomorrow!

Every game is on TV (or PC:ph34r:)..............................

To be fair, if Newcastle do the small time thing and sit 11 men behind the ball to play for the draw, we'll be fine. Rodgers has had three years of having to deal with that sort of park football up in the Buckie Triangle, he's used to it. :ph34r:

• Like 4

On 08/04/2019 at 11:18, Clever Fox said:

I think Morgan has to play to deal with Rondons physicality. I'd also let Maguire and Evens both have another rest and be fit and fresh for the big games coming up were we'll need experience. So that gives us another opportunity to see Soyuncu play again and again some more experience.

The rest of the team picks itself. It won't be a pushover but with our new found to your we should have too much for them.

Wes has never coped that well against Rondon; he’s the equivalent of Wes in an attackers form, but he’s better at that than Wes is at defending.

I seem to remember him bullying both Wes and Huth the same home game a few seasons back against West Brom; it’s doing him a disservice if we call him a ‘handful’ that’s for sure.

7 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

To be fair, if Newcastle do the small time thing and sit 11 men behind the ball to play for the draw, we'll be fine. Rodgers has had three years of having to deal with that sort of park football up in the Buckie Triangle, he's used to it. :ph34r:

Nobody does a double decker bus like the Scottish league does.

On 08/04/2019 at 09:19, FIF said:

We won't make changes and I'm also sure that Ward and Choudhury won't start but I think the rest of your thinking is flawed.

Here's why I would do it , even though I am 100% sure we won't.

1. We are at best the 3rd likeliest team to finish 7th. 

2. There is a 1 in 2 chance that 7th doesn't even give Europa qualification.

3. If there is no Europa qualification for 7th, or if for some reason we don't want to go through Europa qualifying, the small financial advantage of making 7th or 8th rather than 9th is outweighed by other matters relevant to our real goal of doing better next season.

4. Wes isn't starting next season, we should be using the remaining 5 PL games to help decide who is going to start/be kept and who Rodgers needs to replace. So Drop Wes and play Soyunço for all 5 games. Soyunço gets the chance to gain real experience and realise that he's part of the set up and so training hard over the summer will get him a place in the team. Brendan gets the chance to compare Soyunço to Benkovic in real match conditions.

5. Have we decided that we are keeping Maguire or selling him? If we're selling him then there is no need to play him again, it won't improve his price and only risks injury. Therefore play Evans - I think he gets us better results anyway and would be a great aide to Soyunço. If we're keeping him, then he's going to be a starter - let's see if he and Soyunço can form what would be a very dynamic, attacking partnership.

6.I'd play Ward for the last 5 games so that Brendan can see what he has and Ward can get some game time incase he's needed next year through a Kasper injury. Kasper has nothing to prove and has played a lot of games over the last few years - almost every league game and most internationals.

7. Hamza deserves some pitch time. I think he's something special. Brendan can check him out in real conditions whilst giving Ndidi a rest (again he has played a lot of minutes and internationals). Then he can decide whether Hamza should be on the bench - freeing up Mendy for possible transfer - or shipped out on loan. It's a no-lose situation.

8.I'd also have been tempted to bring in Iheanacho for Vardy, for a five match run to see what he has but Vardy is on fire with the new manager so I've changed my mind.

9. None of the changes I've made weakens the team, we'll lose no extra games because of the changes, so 7th is as likely ours with the changes as without.

10. Brendan will learn so much and be in a much better position for the beginning of next season.

Fif, you're a good lad, but have you been on the sauce?

not even read what you are replying to, but i think your thinking is flawed for all of the statements you have made numbered  1 to 10.

• Like 1

And in a nicer way. Pick your best team. Go for the win, and there are argunebts that mirgan could be in the current best team on merit. (That hurt)

Looking forward to it, almost knowing what the team will be, abd being happy with it. It had been a while before old smuggy chops arrived.

Newcastle are two Cardiff victories away from a relegation fight. Rondon will be dangerous. I'm confident we can break them down with Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes and an inform Vardy. But they will be dangerous on the attack.

• Like 1

Morgan certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped. I would keep the same team and give Soyuncu some more game time. Looking at our CB's I'm quite happy with whichever pairing Rodgers goes for.

Maybe let Ghezzal have a run out (cant believe ive said that lol) and let Barnes come on 2nd half in the hope his fresh legs can finally get him a goal.

55 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Not heard anything about Evans injury? But i'm guessing if he is ok to play it will be him and Maguire. Otherwise Morgan will play in his place.

Personally prefer to see more of Soyuncu for Morgan. 

rodgers said he has recovered and was training

• Thanks 1