Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Newcastle (H).. Up next.. Early thoughts.

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Absoloutely no point in making drastic changes when we're in a good position for 7th. Watford and Wolves still have to play each other.

Looking at the fixtures we still have a decent shot at it. They play each other plus they both have a couple of difficult games, but we need to win the next two and also take probably 4 points from the final three. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Apologies to @Gerard for stealing his stat, but 9 of the 14 players to get game time on Saturday were under 22. I'd love to know if anyone has ever come close to that before with it being their actual first team and not a game where they rest a load players and chuck the kids in. If we can keep the team together and bring Tielemans and a couple of other decent players in our potential is unreal. 

That is an incredible stat! Especially when you consider how well we played at times. Not at our vintage best, but for example Vardy's second goal was really classy, Gray with some delightful play to release Ricardo, Riccy with a driving run into smashing low cross and Vardy stealing in to put it away.

This really does make us seem like the Ajax of the Premier League and that is a great place to be in. In fact I'd rather be that type of club than a Man City / Chelsea style oil club. Of course that doesn't mean I want to see us selling our players every season, but I'd rather we took chances and moulded a team rather than going out and buying ready made players. Even Liverpool for as good as they have been, spent big on Firminho, Mane, Salah, VVD, Allison, etc. I prefer what they did with Henderson and Robertson for example where they moulded promising players into great ones. For as amazing as the current Man City team is, they spent over 1.5 billion to get there. I think it's OK to make marquee signings and spend big (we did spend over 100M last summer because of the Mahrez sale) as we all hope we do with Tielemans, but I think one or two per season at max should be the limit. 

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That is an incredible stat! Especially when you consider how well we played at times. Not at our vintage best, but for example Vardy's second goal was really classy, Gray with some delightful play to release Ricardo, Riccy with a driving run into smashing low cross and Vardy stealing in to put it away.

This really does make us seem like the Ajax of the Premier League and that is a great place to be in. In fact I'd rather be that type of club than a Man City / Chelsea style oil club. Of course that doesn't mean I want to see us selling our players every season, but I'd rather we took chances and moulded a team rather than going out and buying ready made players. Even Liverpool for as good as they have been, spent big on Firminho, Mane, Salah, VVD, Allison, etc. I prefer what they did with Henderson and Robertson for example where they moulded promising players into great ones. For as amazing as the current Man City team is, they spent over 1.5 billion to get there. I think it's OK to make marquee signings and spend big (we did spend over 100M last summer because of the Mahrez sale) as we all hope we do with Tielemans, but I think one or two per season at max should be the limit. 

The club, Rudkin and Puel should each take some credit in identifying a direction they wanted to go in, when it would have been easy to try and wring every drop you could out of the title winners. They set their stall out in terms of what they wanted and we're going to reap the rewards of that now under Rodgers, as he seems the perfect fit manager wise to now go move us forwards. 

Got that feeling again as I did under Pearson when he came in and invested in lots of young talent. 

• Like 2

This will go down in Foxes history,Barnes runs amok...

Hattrick....red card after removing his shirt,for 1st goal,then running into the crowd for his 3rd!!!

his 2nd a screamer from 35 yards....

oh!!! by the way was Sala shown a yellow for removing his shirt????

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

This will go down in Foxes history,Barnes runs amok...

Hattrick....red card after removing his shirt,for 1st goal,then running into the crowd for his 3rd!!!

his 2nd a screamer from 35 yards....

oh!!! by the way was Sala shown a yellow for removing his shirt????

Yep! 

80387E54-F258-4B4D-8290-E040D1136183.jpeg

Sounds like a classic Benitez trying to wring out a point game. 

They don't need too much for the rest of their season, but would still think a point possible.

However, from current form, there's not an obvious tactic to achieve that against Leicester. 

It takes so much energy and boredom to "park the bus", can't be too many players happy with that tactic. 

So, let's hope they come and play us and make it a free-scoring doss game, 4-3 to us. 

Really looking forward to it and i’m usually a right miserable git when it comes to Sky’s crazy kick off times.

We’re playing well, couple of pints and a bite to eat straight after work hopefully followed up by another win.