Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Newcastle (H) Post match thread

Zero positives, zero decent perfomances. 

We learn and we move on! 

People have said that they want BR to try and get us in the top 6 and win a cup etc etc. My first aim for him next season is to not lose at home to absolute shite. ****s me off losing at home to the likes of these and Palace. And yes I know Newcastle deserved it and it was a Rafa masterclass blah blah blah, it's still utter shit and we need to be able to beat teams like these at the kp! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On a positive note - this at least puts a temporary end to the 'We don't want Europa League trips to Israelazakhstan and Montenegoslavia in July' debate.

Fans of that persuasion may be happy with that - but then start a Brendan out poll if we don't finish 7th.

Football, I bloody love it.

Edited by Anglodanglo
  • Like 1

Horrible from 1st minute to last.

Far too easy for Newcastle and their Benitez bus.  Rodgers has to develop a plan B and plan C in those situations.  In truth we were lucky to escape with just a 0-1.  

Gray surely has to be shipped out in the summer.

Ndidi I think remains a bit of a myth.

Barnes severely lacking (should he still be learning in the Championship?)

Also forget the last time we had a good game on TV.

A bad night and surely ends our hopes of European football next season (again).

• Like 1

Had a bad feeling about this game all day, weve been dreadful on sky all season, rafa gets his team set up tactically spot on, not won away for 4 months, it was always gonna happen, we could have played for another 90 and not scored, they were so solid and it was going to take something special to break through, hence the vardy chance, in all honesty it was an awful game of football, bad day at the office, onto west ham 

• Like 1

Strange cohesion tonight.

So many slow and wrong decisions made tonight. 

The fast decisions were just as bad.

There was some lovely play and intensity, it just never worked due to making the wrong decision. 

Gray, poor lad, he looked so dense, think he played himself out of the starting 11 tonight.

And as for Ndidi, wow, utter shocker after such a return to form. 

• Like 2

Rogers out. 

Joking aside, that was probably in the top 3 worst performances so far this season. Every player had an off day. I never quite understand how every single player can turn up and just be shit. Maybe I’m being harsh on Newcastle. 

2 minutes ago, sishades said:

Matty Piper on RL says that if CP was in charge he would be getting a battering.

And to be honest, he’s probably right. That was more a Puel performance than any of Puels performances lol

• Haha 1

Mentally not sharp enough tonight. We were punished for starting too slow and too safe. And even then we were ****ing woeful in possession. It was just one of those games which rears its head now and then where every touch is a bad one. Every pass half a second too late or slightly off the target. We knew Newcastle weren't going to come here and play fast, expansive football, so it was on us to ruin their game plan. If we got an early goal this would of been an entirely different game. I'm sure Brendan will be unhappy with tonight, especially the ponderous build up play. About done with this season now! :D On to the next