Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Newcastle (H) Post match thread

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Lack of quality in wide areas, Barnes and Gray were poor. 

Against a packed defence you need to make the pitch as big as possible and get around the back in wide areas.

We didn't get wide..we were too slow in giving them space...Even Rodgers said we were not quick enough!!

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not quite. It's W1 D2 L10

Win was against Everton. 

Draws against Liverpool and West Ham. 

Defeats against Man U x2, Liverpool,  Arsenal, Wolves, Watford, Palace, Tottenham x 2, Newcastle.

And we shithoused that one. Good grief, I'm canceling all my subscriptions tomorrow.

And don't forget Newport, as much as you might like to.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

Bit of a reality check, you know it's not going to be your night when even Tielemans cannot pick a pass. Be interesting to see how they react next week, Rodgers hopefully will have learnt a lot tonight and be able to identify players to improve the squad. Imo we are not ready for Europe yet, let's see who we sign in the summer and how we progress.

I honestly don't know why we bother with Nacho, it's just pointless, I'd rather stick Maguire upfront, to be offside from that last minute free kick from Kasper just sums him up. He needs to go for his sake and ours. I'd actually rather he put on anyone else from the squad than him. He does nothing and has done for a very long time. 

Also we just had too many players out of form tonight, Vardy, Chilwell, Ndidi, Tielemans were all poor. Chilly's insistence to run down the wing only to cut back and pass back to maguire is really starting to annoy me. At one point he had 125 touches and only 2 crosses. When Albrighton came on he had 25 touches and 4 crosses. 

Edited by hejammy

Just now, hejammy said:

I honestly don't know why we bother we Nacho, it's just pointless, I'd rather stick Maguire upfront, to be offside from that last minute free kick from Kasper just sums him up. He needs to go for his sake and ours. I'd actually rather he put on anyone else from the squad than him. He does nothing and has done for a very long time. 

Also we just had too many players out of form tonight, Vardy, Chilwell, Ndidi, Tielemans were all poor. Chilly's insistence to run down the wing only to cut back and pass back to maguire is really starting to annoy me. At one point he had 125 touches and only 2 crosses. When Albrighton came on he had 25 touches and 4 crosses. 

It's because he has no confidence in his crossing, and with good reason.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And we shithoused that one. Good grief, I'm canceling all my subscriptions tomorrow.

And don't forget Newport, as much as you might like to.

Or the penalties defeat to Man City in the League Cup! 

And our last 2 TV games are against Arsenal and Man City! :claude:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Clever Fox said:

Even Rogers was poor tonight. He failed to effect the game in anyway. That's one thing Puel was good at. Effecting the game particularly the second half.

We were poor all over tonight from the players on the pitch and the subs and the manager decisions, bad day at the office 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Even Rogers was poor tonight. He failed to effect the game in anyway. That's one thing Puel was good at. Effecting the game particularly the second half.

Sometimes it takes a game like that to show up your frailties, Rodgers identified straight away our weaknesses after the game in that we need to move the ball quicker and also in having a midfielder who can break the lines, Ndidi will be dropped the next time we come up against these sort of teams.

4 minutes ago, Nathan mcc said:

Really surprised Brendan went with McGuire and Morgan surely evans and McGuire was the more obvious choice if Harry had to automatically play ! 

To be fair i think only morgan and maddison had decent games today. 

If we do want to have a chance of cracking the top six then we have to learn how to deal with these sorts of games. We all knew what they were coming to do and they executed it perfectly. Big fan of Ricardo but Ritchie did far to easily at the second attempt to cross for the goal. The only meaningful chance we did get we didn’t take. Disappointed that our run is over but hopefully Rodgers can see the issues we have in these sorts of games and find a way to deal with them better. On to West Ham

Good to hear,that Rodgers recognised tonight's problems...

But like he said,they have only been together for 4 weeks....Again too many fans expecting too much,and too often, We are still learning,the majority  quality

Players are young...

The football world of Leicester hasn't gone under. The development and growth has still a way to go....

I prefer to see,Rodgers having this season-end run in...

Rodgers didn't hide,he came out for the post match interview,and for me ,gave out good points and statements,recognising points that have to be improved on.I

Again the knee-jerkers,couldn't resist in keeping back the snidey remarks,they are so grateful  and gratious when we lose....

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

To be fair i think only morgan and maddison had decent games today. 

Agree but if Rodgers wants total football from the back then surely playing your best footballing centre back would be the decision he should have made! 

• Like 1

People laughed at me when I said this would be our toughest game so far. So far under Rodgers we'd not had the sort of test that Newcastle were going to offer i.e. we'd not faced a side that were going to sit behind the ball very effectively and make it hard for us. They looked pretty threatening going forward too. We were poor and they did a job on us. End of story. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dayday said:

Sometimes it takes a game like that to show up your frailties, Rodgers identified straight away our weaknesses after the game in that we need to move the ball quicker and also in having a midfielder who can break the lines, Ndidi will be dropped the next time we come up against these sort of teams.

I think you're right about Wilf. As the pivot in this system you need a DCM who is highly proficient on the ball and can move it quickly and accurately. Tonight Wilf was clearly targeted by Newcastle; they pressed him relentlessly as stopping him meant Tielemans and Maddison were starved of service. Unfortunately, Wilf came up short. I thought it was very telling that he was replaced by Mendy, who is better at recycling possession. It was no surprise that we improved after Mendy's introduction. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nathan mcc said:

Agree but if Rodgers wants total football from the back then surely playing your best footballing centre back would be the decision he should have made! 

This is true. But I actually don't think playing Evans would have changed things. In fact it was Maguire who often slowed it down at the back. The problem was in the final 3rd, we just didn't know how to break down their back 6 and as Rogers said, we didnt move it from midfield to the front 3 quick enough