Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Since we've been back in the prem, is there a premier league opponent that Vardy hasn't scored against? Guessing there must be but I can't think of any 

I think it is only Hull and Middlesbrough.

• Thanks 1

I hope I could watch him live again. Live he is like a ****ing racehorse. Incredible to watch (makes you wonder what that twat Southgate was thinking in the WC semi final. Maybe he prefers an injured donkey to a thoroughbred.)

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I hope I could watch him live again. Live he is like a ****ing racehorse. Incredible to watch (makes you wonder what that twat Southgate was thinking in the WC semi final. Maybe he prefers an injured donkey to a thoroughbred.)

Hes got a few seasons left yet, so I'm sure we will all get to see him live many more times. Be such a sad day when he retires. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I've run out of words for his talents. Somehow, I honestly think he is still underrated by about half our league.

Not many things make me happier than seeing him past the defenders shoulder, smashing it past the keeper.

He 100% is underrated by so many. And every year people write him off and say,  hes finished, he wont score many this season, hes lost his pace. So many non Leicester fans still just see him as a poacher as well and dont see how hes improved his game. So many of our goals come from him either directly through goals/assists or indirectly with his runs freeing up space for others to benefit. He really is incredible, and the way he plays and what he brings to our team really does make him world class. 

You know what blows me away! The deftness and craft he has added to his game. He is not a flat out speed merchant or bully now. He’s got guile’s and grace. His passing and soft one touches to barns are quite Franklyn tucking orgasmic. How he has done this whilst seeming a becoming more intelligent in every aspect of his game is mind blowing (and I should no as I treated myself to a lovely Hawaiian bud). I said it before Vardy rex

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, casablancas said:

You know what blows me away! The deftness and craft he has added to his game. He is not a flat out speed merchant or bully now. He’s got guile’s and grace. His passing and soft one touches to barns are quite Franklyn tucking orgasmic. How he has done this whilst seeming a becoming more intelligent in every aspect of his game is mind blowing (and I should no as I treated myself to a lovely Hawaiian bud). I said it before Vardy rex

Yeah. He's starting to remind me of Sheringham in his Man United days more and more - after his pace had gone and he transitioned into a much more cultured forward who was creating chances as much as scoring them.

Something was up the second half of last year he went from 19 goals to just four in the second half of the season

Was it the new baby and off field stuff with his missus court case, maybe  more likely playing through a  injury which was nver disclosed. We won't know but he didn't look right at all for me never had a turn off pace regularly.

Coming back this season he looks sharp and at it straight away, my sense is he will always carry a niggle now his hip groin etc at 33 which is normal. But he is been managed well by rodgers and they seem on a good level of understanding now.

Edited by twister
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fktf said:

What are we going to do without him?

Next summer is crucial. We really must find someone that can do the same *at least similar* job. 

this type of comment keeps cropping up. the answer is Harvey Barnes. you can see how wwell he works with vards on the pitch, if he keeps developing the way he is he will be an ample replacement

2 hours ago, trabuch said:

Absolutely. I don’t mind Southgate but that was an appalling decision. How could he not see the qualities of Vardy now proven time and time again. As much as I would love Vardy to concentrate on Leicester, he absolutely deserves to be in the first team of the England squad and I wish he is included.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

He's genuinely world class imo. I think he doesn't get the credit he really deserves outside of Leicester. 

His link up play and cleverness of his runs and movements are so good.

I'm glad he retired from England, Southgate should be ashamed of not using him correctly

• Like 2