Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

In Italy,Holland & Germany Football Media & ex-players

( Maybe in other countries)...They were were First worried,then totally Surprised that England didnt use Vardy & Let him loose,

neither from the start,nor as plan-B...!!

Even now, my various friends cant believe England didnt Really ever use him to his PL-strengths,and he didnt collect more caps.

Those moments for Country & player, are rare , A few European pundits picked up on,and a  few actually said....isnt that typical England...

Too slow with Gasgoine, no imagination with Lampard/Gerrard pairing, no forethought and Plan for Rooney...Vardy such a rarity no idea..!!

There was a Great Football panel,on Italian TV, between the last Two Wcups & After the last One where Mathaus,Gullit, Maldini,& 2 other Italian Players ,Shared 2nd commentary,or Previews or post Match Panel discussions ...Englands Waste of Previous & then present Tournament Player potential,was Spot on & accompanied with top analytics reviews...

Even though Rooney had finished, they made points with him & Vardy how England Management wasted that potential.

I tried to find an Highlight for you  to post here, but Now I have forgot the actual programmes name....

Off topic,but Nightly relevant

Living abroad,but still watching Sky,I find BBC saturdays MOTD & Skys Gillette super saturday,which still give Layed back,humerous,but interesting Football Chat & reports...The rest is quite shambolic & boring.

Wherehas many other European Football TV shows/panels do have also have their mistakes, bias & hiccups,

but the base discussions,Previews & reviews seem better detailed with better presentation & Knowledge on the relevant teams or players of the day...

Actual game commentary is just as Good or bad anywhere...Soap-opera antics,poor homework..

In the past 10 years I just dont like many/much of the German Game commentaries & commentators,though I Enjoy the Post Match discussions,when they available. Also I Enjoy Italian & German Football discussion/debate programmes,the Panel can discuss the relevant other teams in the Leagues,without either Reference to Bayern or Juventus...The Spanish main Broadcasts sometimes cant get over mentioning either Real or Barcelona on totally irrelevant issues to the

game or discussion being presented...

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

In Italy,Holland & Germany Football Media & ex-players( Maybe in other countries)...

They were were First worried,then totally Surprised that England didnt use Vardy & Let him loose, 

neither from the start,nor as plan-B...

Even now, my various friends cant believe England didnt Really ever use him to his PL-strengths,and he didnt collect more caps.

Those moments for Country & player, are rare , A few European pundits picked up on,and a  few actually said....isnt that typical England...

Too slow with Gasgoine, no imagination with Lampard/Gerrard pairing, no forethought and Plan for Rooney...Vardy such a rarity no idea..!!

There was a Great Football panel,on Italian TV, between the last Two Wcups & After the last One where Matthaus,Gullit, Maldini,& 2 other Italian Players ,Shared 2nd commentary,or Previews or post Match Panel discussions ...Englands Waste of Previous & then present Tournament Player potential,was Spot in & accompanied with Top analytics reviews...

Even though Rooney had finished, they Made points with him & Vardy how England Management wasted that potential.

I tried to find an Highlight for you  to post here, but Now I have forgot the actual programmes name....

Off topic,but slightly relevant

Living abroad,but still watching Sky,I find BBC saturdays MOTD & Skys Gillette super saturday,which still give Layed back,humerous,but interesting Football Chat & reports...The rest is quite Shambolic  & boring.

Wherehas many other European Football TV shows/panels do have also have their mistakes, bias & hiccups,

but the base discussions,Previews & reviews seem better detailed with better

presentation & Knowledge on the relevant teams or players of the day...

Actual game commentary is just as Good or bad anywhere...Soap-opera antics,poor homework..

In the past 10 years I just dont like many/much of the German Game commentaries & commentators,though I Enjoy the Post Match discussions,when they available.

Also I Enjoy Italian & German Football discussion/debate programmes,the Panel can discuss the relevant other teams in the Leagues,without either Reference to Bayern or Juventus...The Spanish main Broadcasts sometimes cant get over mentioning either Real or Barcelona on totally irrelevant issues to the game or discussion being presented...

I’ve always thought it would be a great idea if Sky had a commentator Or pundit designated for each club, that way you are not expected to be the fountain of knowledge of all Premier League clubs just one. 
So when Man Utd play Leicester the commentary team could be Arlo White and Gary Neville for example that way we would get a real understanding of both clubs.

It would make games like West Ham vs Southampton more interesting if I watched and David Prutton and Joe Cole were on giving a real well researched analysis of the team they are associated with. Rather than have a build up to the game of Carragher and Neville talking about Man Utd and Liverpool for half an hour.

Anyway off topic! How good is this Vardy lad... Operation catch Giggs (109) Heskey (110) and Dublin (111) continues this weekend.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I’ve always thought it would be a great idea if Sky had a commentator Or pundit designated for each club, that way you are not expected to be the fountain of knowledge of all Premier League clubs just one. 
So when Man Utd play Leicester the commentary team could be Arlo White and Gary Neville for example that way we would get a real understanding of both clubs.

It would make games like West Ham vs Southampton more interesting if I watched and David Prutton and Joe Cole were on giving a real well researched analysis of the team they are associated with. Rather than have a build up to the game of Carragher and Neville talking about Man Utd and Liverpool for half an hour.

Anyway off topic! How good is this Vardy lad... Operation catch Giggs (109) Heskey (110) and Dublin (111) continues this weekend.

When you say Arlo White and Gary Neville I disagree, I don't think the commentator and co-commentator should have an affiliation with either club.

In the studio they could have someone like Heskey for Leicester and Neville for Utd. The presenter is irrelevant really on who they support, and the main commentator should be neutral whoever he supports. Then his co-commentator should be completely neutral, so in a Leicester v Man Utd match, Carragher would be acceptable. They always used to have former Sunderland player, manager and chairman Niall Quinn on co-commentry for Newcastle v Sunderland matches and I always thought that was a bit rubbish.

So for the West Ham v Southampton game you mention, the presenter doesn't have to be, Prutton, he's not offering an opinion. So it could be him, Laura Woods, Dave Jones etc. The pundits could be Matt Le Tissier and Tony Cottee (there's never a reason to have Joe Cole on, he's awful). The commentary team could be Martin Tyler and Gary Neville, but not Jamie Redknapp as he's an ex Southampton player.

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I don't think a co-comm or comm should be linked to the teams playing, as you then begin to get that bias relating to the team. 

But pundits, it doesn't hurt to have 1 in each camp and a neutral if possible, something they arguably already do for the big clubs already. Would add opportunity for actual discussion and insight. Rather than the crap Redknapp comes out with 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...