Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Former Manchester United and England defender Gary Neville has hailed Jamie Vardy following his hat-trick for Leicester City against Manchester City.

The Foxes travelled to Manchester looking to maintain their 100 percent start to the Premier League season but faced a stern test against Pep Guardiola's side.

Riyad Mahrez opened the scoring against his former side to give Leicester a lot of work to do but they fought back, with Vardy equalising from the spot before the break.

He then poked home a second at the near post before tucking home another penalty to secure his hat-trick and Neville was full of praise for his performance.

“This, well, we know he gets across the near post. I don’t know what you’d call it. Think of a name at home, someone. It’s a Cruyff dink. He’s so happy with himself and he should be," he told Sky Sports.

“You always say to strikers, get across the near post and things will happen, whether it’s for you or it’s the one arriving in behind you, but that is class from Jamie Vardy.

"When he came onto the scene, he was raw and aggressive. I used to say he played like a non-league player in the Premier League. His game has become more polished, more smooth, more subtlety.”

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Genuinely get a bit emotional when I think of his story, what he's achieved with us, his sensational footballing ability and his general attitude on and off the pitch. A bona fide legend, and my favourite ever player. It would take an actual miracle for anyone to surpass him.

I think there is something roy of the rovers about him, that this 1990's born generation just doesn't have,  a old school feeling about him, you could easily imagine him scoring in the 70s on a bobbly pitch.

Jamie went from working part time in a factory to a league title winner, and over 100 prem goals. when will that ever happen again.

• Like 1

re: 2nd goal yesterday, 2 things that make me smile

- vardy had to do a double take to make sure it went in.  he put his arms out to celebrate and was like "hold on that was pretty mental let me make sure it actually went in" and turns back around

- other players were awed - Timmy seems particularly impressed

Snip20200928_4.png

Snip20200928_5.png

Snip20200928_6.png

Snip20200928_7.png

Snip20200928_11.png

Edited by Bats8711
edit

5 hours ago, davieG said:

Former Manchester United and England defender Gary Neville has hailed Jamie Vardy following his hat-trick for Leicester City against Manchester City.

The Foxes travelled to Manchester looking to maintain their 100 percent start to the Premier League season but faced a stern test against Pep Guardiola's side.

Riyad Mahrez opened the scoring against his former side to give Leicester a lot of work to do but they fought back, with Vardy equalising from the spot before the break.

He then poked home a second at the near post before tucking home another penalty to secure his hat-trick and Neville was full of praise for his performance.

“This, well, we know he gets across the near post. I don’t know what you’d call it. Think of a name at home, someone. It’s a Cruyff dink. He’s so happy with himself and he should be," he told Sky Sports.

“You always say to strikers, get across the near post and things will happen, whether it’s for you or it’s the one arriving in behind you, but that is class from Jamie Vardy.

"When he came onto the scene, he was raw and aggressive. I used to say he played like a non-league player in the Premier League. His game has become more polished, more smooth, more subtlety.”

Is it just me or is Neville turning to crap. I used to have some respect for his knowledge but he just seems to be getting lazy and uninteresting. With all his money perhaps he should go back to learning to be a manager in a lower league. Sounds like he needs some adversity to bring back that fire in his gut.

He was mentioned in an article on Football365 and it was noted another extremely difficult task for defenders and keepers against him is his speed of decision making. He's not somebody who will waste touches regularly and is very adept at shooting quickly, quite a lot first time.

It's a really underrated skill.

14 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Walsh is a legend, no doubt, but I think Vardy eclipsed his achievements a long, long time ago. The word 'legend' isn't strong enough for a player like Vardy.

Come on, now. He's fired us to a Premier League title! He's broken record after record. He's scored so many iconic goals. Just think of his worldie v Liverpool, his over-the-shoulder leftie volley v WBA, or his backheel for England v Germany.

His legendary status goes beyond the club - he's a legend of top-level English football in general, or maybe even world sport full stop. And he's done it in an era where it's harder than ever to achieve that.

He'll go down in history as one of the all-time great goal machines. We're so bloody lucky to have him. I don't want to take anything away from Walshy, but Vardy is by far the rarer player.

I suppose it's because I don't get to see many games these days. But in the 80s and 90s I was a very active supporter and saw Walshie play loads of times, whereas I've only seen Jamie play half a dozen or so times. But if you look at it objectively then yes, what Jamie has achieved is above and beyond what Walshie did.

6 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Fair play to Brendan for getting the best out of Vards also. I didn’t think Vards can play in a system like this but he’s proving me wrong. It doesn’t matter if he hardly touches the ball, he occupies defenders and allows more space for others!

To tell you the truth, I reckon every One of our managers were First gobsmacked as they got to know his talent...

Pearson..Ranieri (Raf comments), >Not Shakespeare<...Puel & Rodgers..

All have looked on in awe, and left them jaw-dropped,when he was actually Surprised us all...

To me he is Mr Leicester city...

Legends we have had a few, but my God Weller & Vardy, what they could have done , at each others side...Throw in either Rowley or Wortho..!!