Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Vardy is the spark that fires the team up. We're like an engine with Nitros the moment he gets charged up to play. Whoever we find to eventually replace him has an immense task on their hands. Hope someone does an in-depth scientific study on him to decipher the enigma that he is! Will be a fascinating watch and oh please someone in Hollywood make that bloody movie already.

Now level with another club legend on 110

goals and 1 behind Homes Under the Hammer legend Dion Dublin.

4 more goals and he is above Ian Wright and into the top 20 PL scorers of all time!

Would love us to just build a statue whilst he’s still playing for us! Bloody legend in every sense of the word.

His movement and sharpness for a player of his age is phenomenal. Reads the game so well and always in the right positions. 

Keeps his runs and positions in the width of the 18 yard box. Allows him to link with midfielders but also get on the end of chances created. Just gets better with age! 

I remember the first game of the 2013/14 season and up until that point Vardy had struggled to make any real impact. 

It was Middlesbrough away and we were 1-0 down I believe, Danny Drinkwater equalised and then I’m sure Nugent played Vardy in just off the wing and he cut inside and bent one top corner to win 2-1. 

Obviously back then it was just a great goal but looking back on that moment and that season and his subsequent rise to being a top class striker something just clicked that day and season and the rest is history. He just gets better and better year on year.

12 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Big ask that.

Definitely. But he's on 110 goals and he's 33 right now. He could conceivably play till he's 37 or 38 and more so for us than a bigger club where he'd be disposed of at an earlier age. That gives him 4 or 5 more seasons which would still take a monumental effort but not impossible. Unless he's injured or retires, I don't think we'd ever not play him over the next 4 or 5 years and the way he plays now is literally on the shoulder of the defender.