Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

(he did sod all against West Ham...) 

I'm messing, BUT... he also has off games. It's too simplistic to say that his coming on changed the game in absolute isolation, but I grant you he's incredibly special. 

Will need managing with care if he's to last as long as I hope he can. 

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

(he did sod all against West Ham...) 

I'm messing, BUT... he also has off games. It's too simplistic to say that his coming on changed the game in absolute isolation, but I grant you he's incredibly special. 

Will need managing with care if he's to last as long as I hope he can. 

Of course the team had the ability to change as well. In the same way they needed Vardy to help them, Vards needs the quality to help him, none more so than those fantastic passes by YT and Under.

However, I found it quite incredible how he just sees to change the entire games flow purely by his presence and it’s something I’ve noticed extremely often.

I went from nervously fearing we were going to eventually concede with their pressure to feeling like we could win this. Even before he scored It felt Arsenal had dropped 10 yards and had run out of ideas. It’s just so Jamie Vardy to actually get the winner to crown it.

I feel it’s very under appreciated how good he actually is.

I mean Villa game and this were very similar, I’m not sure if it was just me, but at no point did I genuinely believe we would score vs villa, or vs Arsenal for the first 60. Vards on suddenly it felt different and it always does, coincidences that arnt luck. He’s just a freak and the type that I feel will become more respected for how good he is when he’s no longer there. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Of course the team had the ability to change as well. In the same way they needed Vardy to help them, Vards needs the quality to help him, none more so than those fantastic passes by YT and Under.

However, I found it quite incredible how he just sees to change the entire games flow purely by his presence and it’s something I’ve noticed extremely often.

I went from nervously fearing we were going to eventually concede with their pressure to feeling like we could win this. Even before he scored It felt Arsenal had dropped 10 yards and had run out of ideas. It’s just so Jamie Vardy to actually get the winner to crown it.

I feel it’s very under appreciated how good he actually is.

I mean Villa game and this were very similar, I’m not sure if it was just me, but at no point did I genuinely believe we would score vs villa, or vs Arsenal for the first 60. Vards on suddenly it felt different and it always does, coincidences that arnt luck. He’s just a freak and the type that I feel will become more respected for how good he is when he’s no longer there. 

No I agree - my point was that he was as poor as anyone against West Ham. I listened to a podcast today where they blamed the defeat to Villa on us being toothless without Vardy, and whilst he is phenomenal, as you rightly state, the line of argument made on the podcast conveniently ignored the game before where not only did the whole team play even worse, but Vardy was just as culpable. I'm sure he'd be the first to admit he was poor, too. He's earned the right to have a stinker from time to time - even he cannot be at it the whole time, nobody is.

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

No I agree - my point was that he was as poor as anyone against West Ham. I listened to a podcast today where they blamed the defeat to Villa on us being toothless without Vardy, and whilst he is phenomenal, as you rightly state, the line of argument made on the podcast conveniently ignored the game before where not only did the whole team play even worse, but Vardy was just as culpable. I'm sure he'd be the first to admit he was poor, too. He's earned the right to have a stinker from time to time - even he cannot be at it the whole time, nobody is.

Yeah I heard similar from a few media outlets which I’m not sure are true. I mean I agree he was poor vs West Ham and even missed a sitter near the end.

I blamed strongly Rodgers the set up of that game vs West Ham but Vards and tbh nearly the entire 11 vs West Ham were so far 2nd best it was scary and need to take some blame.

The potential overall for this squad is incredible though, we have no Ndidi, Soyuncu and Ricardo yet still win away at both the Ethiad and Emirates stadium. I feel it’s exciting times but for me JV is crucial to it all working.

I honestly don’t know how we’d cope if he was out for 6 months. He’s just irreplaceable.

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Yeah I heard similar from a few media outlets which I’m not sure are true. I mean I agree he was poor vs West Ham and even missed a sitter near the end.

I blamed strongly Rodgers the set up of that game vs West Ham but Vards and tbh nearly the entire 11 vs West Ham were so far 2nd best it was scary and need to take some blame.

The potential overall for this squad is incredible though, we have no Ndidi, Soyuncu and Ricardo yet still win away at both the Ethiad and Emirates stadium. I feel it’s exciting times but for me JV is crucial to it all working.

I honestly don’t know how we’d cope if he was out for 6 months. He’s just irreplaceable.

Absolutely. I am sure that BR and recruitment are looking for the next striker, and I would imagine they've secured Vardy's future so he can be involved with a respectful passing of the baton over time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Absolutely. I am sure that BR and recruitment are looking for the next striker, and I would imagine they've secured Vardy's future so he can be involved with a respectful passing of the baton over time.

Yes I agree but the replacement of Vardy will be so difficult. It's not like replacing a Maguire or a Chilwell. We're talking about replacing Leicester's GOAT here, similar to Newcastle replacing Shearer.

• Like 2

The impending retirement of Vardy is bigger than the loss of any manager or the sale of any player in recent years IMO, we will be a completely different side. He will prove impossible to replace in all likelihood.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him offered a role at the club post-playing to keep him around. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

I don't think there has ever been a striker who has been better than JV at being at the right place at the right time and knowing how to time his runs. Never mind how clinical or ruthless JV has become. He has got to be up there still as one of the top 10 strikers in world football. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Today epitomises exactly why Jamie Vardy is one of the worlds best strikers and in premier league history.

Forget his goals, forget his numbers, forget his relentless off the ball work or his fantastically timed runs and deft little touch and moves.

He is the only striker I’ve ever seen who completely transforms an entire football match by his presence.

Everything changed the second he came on, Arsenal sat deeper sh*t scared of the space behind, which in turn makes it easier for our team to have an out ball, pressure relieved on our back 4/5 and more time for out midfielders to take time to create rather than on the back foot.

These ‘tactics’ of soaking and hitting on the counter may seem to ‘work’ but in reality they only work because of this enigma of a man. Hat tricks at the Ethiad or winners at the Emirates, he dictates the whole team and every opposition team, no matter how hard they try, cannot deal with him!

An incredible talent of a striker, a fantastic role model to kids and to life in general to never give up on your dreams and on top of that a world class(yes, he’s at Leicester but World class) striker and player.

I’m 31 years old and he’s the only player I’ve ever seen that when he retires you’d see a grown man right here cry.
The greatest player ever to wear the foxes blue. Make no mistake about it, he will be irreplaceable.

Absolutely. And he is more. He is super determined. His constant running for lost causes - compared that to Barnes and Maddison when they were up there; it is like day and night. It may seem easy just to run, but it is more then just fitness, it is psychology, it is being fearless, it is actually thinking that you may get there when many would give up without even running.

His passing, crosses and linkup work are also underrated. He is pretty good and this adds to him being unplayable and irreplaceable because he has so many tricks up his sleeves. You may think teams have figured him out already especially as he often plays as lone striker, but they haven’t. Managers single him out, but they still cannot do anything. Incredible.

He needs a statute.

I hope he stays on to be a coach. He needs to teach our younger boys including Barnes. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

I'd love for him to make top 10 all time Premier League scorers although that's quite a way off. 

Realistically could be 16th or so on the list at the end of this season if he continues his good form which is absolutely insane for a Leicester City player