Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

I think it's a self fulfilling prophecy with him now. Defenders back off him as they know he'll destroy you if you let him in behind but too often drop too deep which allows the space for our creative players and then the opposition are confused whether to go or drop deep. The Vardy factor is huge for us. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, trabuch said:

I hope I could watch him live again. Live he is like a ****ing racehorse. Incredible to watch (makes you wonder what that twat Southgate was thinking in the WC semi final. Maybe he prefers an injured donkey to a thoroughbred.)

What!  A 'one trick pony' before an injured donkey - never was going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Markyblue

For all his goals it's the non greedy balls like last night to barnes that for me define him now. For all the spin around him hes a very intelligent footballer now. A city team without him is unthinkable and depressing. 4 more years vards.

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What he’s doing is almost unheard of for a player his age. Defies belief, it really does.

He actually looks like he’s still continuing to improve. I didn’t think he could continue at this level coming up to his 34th birthday.

Watching the game last night it dawned on me that this guy is actually getting better. His linkup play with Barnes

in the 1st half was sublime.

• Like 4

On 02/11/2020 at 22:21, shailen said:

You wouldn't put it past him to get 200 which sounds outrageous but you just never know with him. What a player. 

Not a chance of that. Impossible literally.

150 prem goals and a top 10 place in all time scorers would be an absolutely incredible achievement and something that would be a very challenging target still.

if he can get 22-27 this season he’ll be up to 125-130.
2 more seasons after this he’ll be 34-36 he surely will slow down by then. Can’t see him getting many by 2022/2023 he’ll be an impact sub by then you’d think. If he’s still like this by 22/23 then he would not be human!

150+ and he cements himself as 1 of the top 5-10 Premier league strikers.

Adrian Durham on TalkSport yesterday saying Vardy is one of the top 10 PL players of all time.

He was obviously on the wind up but it was still great to listen to his argument why.

• Like 2

We have had some top strikers at the club over the years, Alan Clarke, Wortho, Lineker and Heskey in my lifetime. Vardy however is different Gravy. All of the others, eventually moved on but Vardy has repaid the faith put in him and stayed loyal, which in itself is refreshing these days.

Every season we worry that old Father Time is eventually going to catch up with him but he keeps proving us wrong by adapting his game. It is not only his finishing but, the last few seasons he is also right up there with one of the highest assist stats for strikers.

He admits that he has had to adapt to conserve energy by no longer chasing everything, something that Rodgers has brought to his game, but also that in his head he is still younger than what it says on his birth certificate. As long as he has that mentality, and is enjoying his football and stays clear of serious injury, then there should no reason why he will not be still banging them in for at least another couple of years.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Knew he'd be up for it yesterday.

Imagine if fans were in! The stick Leeds fans would have given him and the stick he'd have given back would've been great.

Absolutely! I think those last 6 lines have just encapsulated for me precisely what I've missed about football. Skills and athleticism are one thing and we do of course appreciate them but, sometimes, it's just as much about an intense drama or film unfolding in front of your eyes which can unbelievably stir the emotions from ecstasy and happiness to polar opposites of anger or disappointment within seconds. Vardy is undoubtedly one of our very own greatest ever actors on a huge stage.

Without a participating live audience however, the experience can become incredibly dulled and seemingly remote, the supporter a mere viewer as opposed to being part of the action and involved in the play. Ultimately, for me at least, at times, football has sometimes become a little less important and ephemeral.

Yet ... those last 6 lines bring back with a huge bump the reason why I've been been taking that same journey down to our grounds for so many years. As the saying goes, you don't realise how much you miss something until it's gone. Likewise with the players, whilst undoubtedly employment and money are huge motivating factors, the pressure of a stage to perform on and the adoration of an excited  baying audience must severely blunt the experience for them also. I'm sure there must be many players like Vardy who thrive upon and crave such a stage to perform on. You never get the feeling that Vardy takes it for granted, on the contrary, I always get the feeling he wants to milk every last drop out of it while he can.

As we approach this second lockdown it's easy to fall back into a general air of malaise or, being a little more optimistic, as a kid, for me, the build up to Christmas seemed to go on for ever but, Christmas Eve always eventually arrived and I was fit to burst with excitement. It will come back again and the journey and our varying pre-match rituals will return also and it will all be all the sweeter for it. Keep the faith Foxes!!!

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

Really encouraged by his link-up play currently (which has always been good). If his pace goes he could sit deeper with quick players around him in a couple of years.

He's one of the best creators in the team as well as finishers. Genuine top class.

22 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

Watching the game last night it dawned on me that this guy is actually getting better. His linkup play with Barnes

in the 1st half was sublime.

He and Barnes are perfect to link up in that sort of way, and if they can find more opportunities to do that in games I think it will accelerate Barnes's development.

• Like 1