Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

18 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Not a chance of that. Impossible literally.

150 prem goals and a top 10 place in all time scorers would be an absolutely incredible achievement and something that would be a very challenging target still.

if he can get 22-27 this season he’ll be up to 125-130.
2 more seasons after this he’ll be 34-36 he surely will slow down by then. Can’t see him getting many by 2022/2023 he’ll be an impact sub by then you’d think. If he’s still like this by 22/23 then he would not be human!

150+ and he cements himself as 1 of the top 5-10 Premier league strikers.

Any other player and I'd agree that 200 wouldn't even be worth a conversation about but the way he's plays he conserves most of his energy and is barely involved and all of a sudden springs into life. The fact that he started football a little later than most also may help extend his career. 200 is a mile away and chances are he won't get there but you just never know with Vardy. I think he'll break another record this season, there's something more purposeful in his game from last season and we seem to have better creativity in the side. 

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Any other player and I'd agree that 200 wouldn't even be worth a conversation about but the way he's plays he conserves most of his energy and is barely involved and all of a sudden springs into life. The fact that he started football a little later than most also may help extend his career. 200 is a mile away and chances are he won't get there but you just never know with Vardy. I think he'll break another record this season, there's something more purposeful in his game from last season and we seem to have better creativity in the side. 

200 is mad. He’s turning 34 soon! No way he’s going to get 25+ goals per season for 3 more seasons! 

47 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Might be unpopular to some, but reckon he's a better all-round forward/striker than Shearer was.

In what way? Vardy is an incredible striker but he’s not really an “all-round” player. He’s a fantastic poacher and has a great footballing brain but Shearer was a much more complete striker 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shailen said:

I agree to everything except for the number. 200 is just too much for anyone to think is possible even for the best of strikers ever.

He would need to be here. Until 21/22-24/25. 4 seasons of 20 a season after this year potentially. He would be playing at 38 years old!

The game is far better than it was in the 90s, younger fitter players. It’s quite extraordinary how he’s doing so well at 33 going on 34.

Even the freaks who had world class players around them who played until 40 or close to 40 didn’t get more than a few a season by that time.

I mean I love the guy and I hope your right but let’s put it this way, if he gets above 150+ he will go down as 1 of the top 5 strikers in Prem history imo.

If he got to 200 then I’ll say it now, he’ll be the best striker in Prem history And maybe the best goal scorer in world history if he literally were to get 200 league goals by 38 when he had 1 at 28, playing in a non top 6 team and in today’s faster fitter younger mans game! I get it, he’s a freak but he’s not super human, or is he? I’m not sure anymore 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 02/11/2020 at 23:13, HighPeakFox said:

Middlesborough?

On 02/11/2020 at 23:18, HighPeakFox said:

So apart from Middlesborough, Hull, Cardiff and Wolves - WHAT HAVE THE ROMANS EVER DONE FOR US?

You’ve spelt Middlesbrough wrong, not once but twice. What do you have to say for yourself?

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Might be unpopular to some, but reckon he's a better all-round forward/striker than Shearer was.

It’s not so unbelievable to state this. I think Shearer edges it, but it’s not as far and away a comparison as it was.

When comparing Jamie to top strikers, Shearer is the one I always say is the similar comparison because of the fact he , like Vards, didn’t play for a big 6 club, when its clearly a lot easier to score bundles in a city, prime Utd, prime arsenal squad.

However even vs shearer(similarity in trophy cabinets of 1 PL and staying loyal in return for less trophies), Id argue Vardy had it harder. Shearers Blackburn fires big money and in them days much less competition, only Utd. Vards plays at Leicester, 6 huge clubs above us, weak squads he’s played with bar 19/20 and 15/16 and he still consistently scores at a huge rate.

The Guy will be criminally underrated because in today’s day and age , you only get respected truly as an elite player by trophy’s and playing at big clubs. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I agree to everything except for the number. 200 is just too much for anyone to think is possible even for the best of strikers ever.

He would need to be here. Until 21/22-24/25. 4 seasons of 20 a season after this year potentially. He would be playing at 38 years old!

The game is far better than it was in the 90s, younger fitter players. It’s quite extraordinary how he’s doing so well at 33 going on 34.

Even the freaks who had world class players around them who played until 40 or close to 40 didn’t get more than a few a season by that time.

I mean I love the guy and I hope your right but let’s put it this way, if he gets above 150+ he will go down as 1 of the top 5 strikers in Prem history imo.

If he got to 200 then I’ll say it now, he’ll be the best striker in Prem history And maybe the best goal scorer in world history if he literally were to get 200 league goals by 38 when he had 1 at 28, playing in a non top 6 team and in today’s faster fitter younger mans game! I get it, he’s a freak but he’s not super human, or is he? I’m not sure anymore 😂

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a real stretch for him to get there too but if there was one player that could it would be him. Whatever his final number is, I think we can all agree that Vardy is and will be our best ever player for many years to come, and he should be considered within the top 10 Premier league players of all time (not just strikers imo!!) 

We have developed a much better squad since we won the league, but he was the player that was pivotal to us winning the league imo. That 11 game run, struck fear into the opposition who then thought they can't play a high line and allowed the likes of Mahrez to get more time on the ball and create. But the catalyst was Vardy imo and for a player to have such an impact on a team which had battled relegation the year before is sensational. 

• Like 1

Every one of his goals this year has been with his first touch - which shows it’s his positioning more than his speed thats getting him goals at the moment, which luckily has got better with age. Of course there’s 4 penalties in there too, which again, have improved over the last few years. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shailen said:

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a real stretch for him to get there too but if there was one player that could it would be him. Whatever his final number is, I think we can all agree that Vardy is and will be our best ever player for many years to come, and he should be considered within the top 10 Premier league players of all time (not just strikers imo!!) 

We have developed a much better squad since we won the league, but he was the player that was pivotal to us winning the league imo. That 11 game run, struck fear into the opposition who then thought they can't play a high line and allowed the likes of Mahrez to get more time on the ball and create. But the catalyst was Vardy imo and for a player to have such an impact on a team which had battled relegation the year before is sensational. 

Top 10 strikers 100% for me. Top 10 players is a huge stretch. However I agree completely with the rest of the post!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Any else seen the vid on the clubs insta of Vardy it’s got a bit where Diego Costa tries to have a pop at him and he  just  squares up to him 😂

Ooh link please - I’d forgotten about that!

The biggest thing I love is that he didn’t drop us like a rock the moment a “better” club came calling. He has loyalty in a sport/business where money is god.

Yes he had a handsome pay rise but it was earned, rightly earned. His loyalty to top and us as a fan base is also why he’s our best ever. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

The biggest thing I love is that he didn’t drop us like a rock the moment a “better” club came calling. He has loyalty in a sport/business where money is god.

Yes he had a handsome pay rise but it was earned, rightly earned. His loyalty to top and us as a fan base is also why he’s our best ever. 

Like kante  did