Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

I predict he'll score at least another 6 goals this season. Form is temporary, class is permanent. And for what it's worth, I thought he had a cracking game yesterday. He doesn't have to be the one we expect to score every match to have a positive impact in a different way.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Its so funny, during the match thread just after he missed a chance, I was reading utter garbage like...

"If he's not scoring against these, I'm worried"

"Is Vardy the new Torres?"

"Vardybiyi"

"We are watching the sunset of his career"

"His fairytale career with us is over"

"I've never saw Vardy so crap"

"His performance has been woeful"

.... The guy was phenomenal from the first whistle. Some people on here are utter bams. 

Completely agree. He could have bagged a hattrick himself as well as being our main creative outlet. He was like Barnes and Maddison in one. I love seeing a bit of pre-Brendan Vardy every now and again.

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Its so funny, during the match thread just after he missed a chance, I was reading utter garbage like...

"Vardybiyi"

.... The guy was phenomenal from the first whistle. Some people on here are utter bams. 

I wrote the torres comment.  It was a joke.  I don't know if you remember but Fernando Torres had a spell where he went from one of the best strikers on the planet to not being able to buy a goal.  I imagine the akinbiyi comment was in a similar light.  I also posted a comment deriding the people saying Vardy isn't good enough shortly after he set up Nacho's first in case you want to claim "it's a joke" is a post-hoc defence, it was one of the higher repped comments so I'm sure you can find it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

I wrote the torres comment.  It was a joke.  I don't know if you remember but Fernando Torres had a spell where he went from one of the best strikers on the planet to not being able to buy a goal.  I imagine the akinbiyi comment was in a similar light.  I also posted a comment deriding the people saying Vardy isn't good enough shortly after he set up Nacho's first in case you want to claim "it's a joke" is a post-hoc defence, it was one of the higher repped comments so I'm sure you can find it.

If you say it was a joke, it was a joke. I have no reason to doubt you. 

It was however in amongst a barrage of abuse that was certainly not a joke so easy to misread, in my defence. 

I do remember when Torres turned into utter dog muck. Was it not after his move to Chelsea? 

I know its a bit obvious but the lack of outright wingers leaves a lot of space for the front 2 down the sides and yesterday we just kept looking for JV to outrun the defender on the outside which he did really well then picking out Nacho or Perez..Nacho does hit the ball clean when he hits it

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If you say it was a joke, it was a joke. I have no reason to doubt you. 

It was however in amongst a barrage of abuse that was certainly not a joke so easy to misread, in my defence. 

I do remember when Torres turned into utter dog muck. Was it not after his move to Chelsea? 

That was Shevchenko, iirc his dry spell was at Liverpool, maybe it was both though.

15 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

That was Shevchenko, iirc his dry spell was at Liverpool, maybe it was both though.

I'm almost certain that he was utter cack after his big money move to Chelsea. I recall someone working out how many freddos they could have got for the transfer fee. 

Just checked there. 20 goals in 110 appearance for them. Thats honking. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

"Vardybiyi"

Who on Earth referred to our greatest ever player as “Vardybyi” 😂😂😂 a lot of thought went into that one

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Torres’ major slump was definitely after he’d joined Chelsea.

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm almost certain that he was utter cack after his big money move to Chelsea. I recall someone working out how many freddos they could have got for the transfer fee. 

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Chelsea it was then

• Haha 1

I think we don't realise how prolific Vardy has been for us until he goes through a spell without scoring as he is now. Even then, he doesn't shirk responsibility and still makes those runs and when he's asked to play in a two, he always takes the right option whether that is to shoot, pass, cross, etc. He'll be back to scoring, I have no doubt about that, but take this time to appreciate his other attributes. 

4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Interesting fact. I remember the media going on incessantly that he'd gone over 24 hours on the pitch without scoring a goal. 

Luckily, Chelsea had a cup game against a (at the time) championship club that were kind enough to give him a goal and break his barren streak. 

I won't give any prizes for guessing the name of the club. 

Edited by Charl91
  • Haha 1

Having seen the chances again- he should score the first in the first half, not enough power and too straight. The second is a brilliant clearance, I think we took too long to have a shot and Vardy wasn't probably expecting it but hit it truly and Basham did very well. Third was slightly on the stretch and if he'd got height like Iheanacho's second he scores.

Including the effort that resulted in an own goal the legend had four great chances yesterday. It just shows though even the best sometimes can’t buy a goal. I was genuinely gutted when the effort for the own goal was shown to be going just wide. I was praying it was on target. His sharpness looked back yesterday and he had a great game. I just hope the goal comes soon though. 

I was so relieved to see him perform to a high level, it's been a few weeks he's seemed really off the pace now. Yeah he missed good chances but he'll never lose his finishing touch. Just had a bad day in front of goals, happens every so often, but not all that often for Jamie so think we can forgive him. The face he looked at it and for the first time in I don't know how long actually fit, is what's the brilliant news. And proves 2 games a week is probably too much for him now and makes it all the more baffling we've played him in to the absolute ground while Nacho has warmed his buttocks. Still got his legs so can't wait to see him again now.