Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It was his best general performance in awhile.

Mind you it was Perez’s best game this season and Ian’s best game wearing the shirt, Albrighton was fantastic when he came on, everyone looked good, really, and not knocking the performance but they were abysmal and that was definitely a part of it. They need Heckingbottom out ASAP.

Albrighton was a definite upgrade on Ricky ...  him and Timmy aren’t doing it at the moment ...   not sure why.

If we'd known he would only score 1 goal after the spurs game in December, most would have predicted us falling out of the top 5 or 6.

Just shows the team spirit and overall togetherness of the club to come through such a tough period, with injuries /players coming back etc. 

Not to mention, being in the 1/4 final of the FA Cup. 

Hopefully they'll look forward to next Sunday and get some decent rest, whilst Utd have a tough away game on Thursday 

🦊🦊

8 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It was his best general performance in awhile.

Mind you it was Perez’s best game this season and Ian’s best game wearing the shirt, Albrighton was fantastic when he came on, everyone looked good, really, and not knocking the performance but they were abysmal and that was definitely a part of it. They need Heckingbottom out ASAP.

Heckingbottom

Surely one of the most northern names ever😄😄

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

You are Gareth Southgate and I claim my £5

You can take the mick, but I called it (per my post 28th Feb), got ridiculed on the next comment and now maybe we can all see Vardy's evolution is playing on the left/left wing.

I repeat take the mick, but today he put 2 goals on a plate from that position.

3 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

You can take the mick, but I called it (per my post 28th Feb), got ridiculed on the next comment and now maybe we can all see Vardy's evolution is playing on the left/left wing.

I repeat take the mick, but today he put 2 goals on a plate from that position.

I’m only messing fella. Southgate obviously thought JV could do a job out left too, just like you said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Indeed ...   as opposed to Sorebottom which is much more a southern name ...  very southern ...  almost coastal in fact. 

I've never known anybody with Sorebottom as a surname

Hope you enjoyed your summer holidays though👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

We obviously all know his class but today just shows to everyone else how good his game is away from scoring goals. Providing for his teammates and movement off the ball to create space for others. Little bit of a shame the goal couldn't be his but it was never going in. Still, a quality partnership forming with Iheanacho currently just at the right time. 

The week's rest seems to have done him the world of good. 

Several of Kelechi's best performances for us have come when he's been playing with Vardy. It's about time we tried to regularly play them together.

54 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Albrighton was a definite upgrade on Ricky ...  him and Timmy aren’t doing it at the moment ...   not sure why.

Because they're both coming back from lengthy injuries.

Its gonna take a long time for Ricardo especially to get back to his best.

Watching the highlights, I don't actually think he was trying to score for the 5th. He gives the eyes but he's definitely squaring it for Kelechi the way I see it - even though you might interpret his body language afterwards as rueful.

Wonderful, mature play - today he decimated them in a different fashion.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Watching the highlights, I don't actually think he was trying to score for the 5th. He gives the eyes but he's definitely squaring it for Kelechi the way I see it - even though you might interpret his body language afterwards as rueful.

He's absolutely going for goal there lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I think he was shooting but I see your point and he could of just been drilling it in an area.

It was hard to score without some luck off the keeper that chance though.

The 2 big chances that were poor was the one where he made himself off Bryan first half and the one Nacho put in for him 2nd - both tame left footed efforts straight at the keeper. He has to take at least one of those 2, no doubt about it.

However great performance and hopefully he gets his shooting boots on in training and gets a few goals before the end of the season as it would be nice if he gets to 20 in all comps.

8 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Imagine winning 5-0 with Vardy being instrumental in it and the the first thing that springs to mind is he didn’t score . 🙄

My first reaction after a win is something like "get in, job done, boom, three points, onwards" etc.

Others, with strong whatabouttery tendencies, seem to prefer to highlight faults.

One example would be after the 2-1 at Bramall Lane, where we nicked the points with a dramatic winner. I was buzzing.

Came on here and it was flooded with people moaning about a crap performance.

Joyless people, life vampires, mood hoovers, fun sponges.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

My first reaction after a win is something like "get in, job done, boom, three points, onwards" etc.

Others, with strong whatabouttery tendencies, seem to prefer to highlight faults.

One example would be after the 2-1 at Bramall Lane, where we nicked the points with a dramatic winner. I was buzzing.

Yeah but Geoff, what if we'd played someone decent?

29 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I can hear you saying those things and it's making me chuckle.

£10 to a charity of your choice for every one of those you get in to commentary before the end of the season lol

Edited by tom27111