Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Just now, nwl fox said:

Please don't start, nobody will be more disappointed that he missed a couple of opportunities than him, but overall that was a great performance from him as creator rather than finisher

Who's starting? I love the guy, but he should have scored at least 2 of those chances. You can't just ignore that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Who's starting? I love the guy, but he should have scored at least 2 of those chances. You can't just ignore that. 

Yeah he should have finished them, but equally you can't ignore the fact that he assisted 2 and forced an own goal, or can you? As many have said his all round game was outstanding today, stop focusing on the negative 

Edited by nwl fox
  • Like 2

We obviously all know his class but today just shows to everyone else how good his game is away from scoring goals. Providing for his teammates and movement off the ball to create space for others. Little bit of a shame the goal couldn't be his but it was never going in. Still, a quality partnership forming with Iheanacho currently just at the right time. 

The week's rest seems to have done him the world of good. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Of all the times where you perhaps can ignore it, today is probably the best example. Two assists and forced an own goal, other strikers stepping up to replace his goals, the focus really shouldn’t be on his misses. Keep playing so positively and the goals will come, in the meantime we’re not missing them.

It could be the case that transitioning vardy out of the team starts with playing two up front more often. Takes much of the pressure for goals off him and helps build Nacho’s confidence at the same time. Must say I’m still surprised when I hear those stats about how many goals they get when they start together, could be the way to go now with madders and Barnes out

He looked much, much sharper than he has done since he returned from injury. He definitely needed that rest. It was also nice for him to be able to run wide and look like crossing the ball for someone else for a tap in! 8/10 performance despite the two misses. The goals will come no doubt.

BTW. talking of Vardy, has anyone seen this exchange with Klopp? If the transcript is accurate, it was a weird thing for a manager to say?! BTW, Vardys response and awkwardness makes me love him even more LOL! (Go to 6 mins 14 seconds for Vardy bit although the vid is quite funny all round!!)

• Like 1

He was absolutely fantastic in everything but his finishing. He looked fit and speedy, held it up well, came short, fantastic movement and his timing of runs is almost perfection - always stays perfectly marginally onside for both his assists. He also set up nacho brilliantly for another one skinning Basham.

Cant avoid the misses though, he’s definitely lacking confidence and you can tell most of the season he’s looking unconvincing in front of goal ever since he put one wide vs West Ham early in the season.

He should of scored at least 1 out of 2 of his big misses on his left foot, bit unlucky with the off the line one though.

He missed a poor one at Leeds, a sitter of a header vs Everton, Man Utd he should of buried that without scuffing it, a couple vs Southampton too. It’s not a new thing and is a problem. Ever since he came back from his injury new year 2020 he’s lacked what he had before in ruthless finishing.

I’m worried that won’t come back, but he’s not lost his legs yet unbelievably and his lethargic few games was down to over playing.

He has a lot to offer too and he’s a fantastic all round player.
Think we forget sometimes he’s 34! I can’t think of any other player at that age, in today’s day and age and intensity of the PL, who is so effective in goals and assists and all round movement.

He’s out number 1 legend of all time no doubt and he’s still got some air miles left.

• Like 3

You can accept Vardy missing chances, for a bit at least, when the other parts of his game is good like it was today. The major criticism from me in recent weeks was his touch, movement and hold up play has been poor. Today it wasn't. Made the extra effort to get involved, can prolong his time by playing alongside someone.

Looked fitter, sharper and all round game play was great today. Yes his finishing was poor but it will come back. His lack of fitness/sharpness was a bigger concern recently but it's worth remembering he's not been able to train much since his return from injury due to being thrown back into 2 games a week.

Rodgers stated earlier in the year that Vardy could not train much in between games due to his on going groin injury. Now we have no mid week fixtures + a few weeks off during the international break he'll have plenty of time on the training ground to focus on the technical side of his game etc

By his own standards he’s not been at his best for quite a while now ..   I reckon he’s carrying some kind of injury that is impeding him in some way and it’s being kept under wraps so as not to give a psychological boost to other teams ...  and he’s also an almost god like talisman to our players. 

(Reminds me of El Cid being tied to his horse and sent out to give the Moors a good thrashing ...  and it worked ..  even though he was dead ! ...   :D)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Got ridiculed for saying this.  Guess Vardy is indeed happy operating left wing after all........

You are Gareth Southgate and I claim my £5

It was his best general performance in awhile.

Mind you it was Perez’s best game this season and Ian’s best game wearing the shirt, Albrighton was fantastic when he came on, everyone looked good, really, and not knocking the performance but they were abysmal and that was definitely a part of it. They need Heckingbottom out ASAP.

• Like 1