Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

25 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I admire your creativity, but this is ludicrous. There is only one position on the pitch Vardy can play and he's damn good at it.

Since returning from injury Vardy hasn't looked the same player.  This positional switch would move him to a slightly less pressured role, to a side of the pitch he always is more comfortable playing and most importantly we've got other players injured, so we're not blessed with loads of other options.

Nacho only knows up top.....

Might work for several reasons.

3 hours ago, Bamboo said:

I'll mention it for the 1000th time. He's been 'rushed' back after surgery and we all, myself included have become so accustomed to him absolutely bullying teams, week in week out. In addition, the fixture congestion and not having one of the most creative midfielders in the league behind him also doesn't help.

Yes he'll inevitably start to slow down but the coaching staff will manage him accordingly. 

No doubt in my mind, he is still crucial to us and time and time again he'll deliver when we need him most. 

Vardy is a legend, but it isn’t just about being rushed back, how many goals has he scored from open play since January 2020? You will be shocked 

13 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Vardy is a legend, but it isn’t just about being rushed back, how many goals has he scored from open play since January 2020? You will be shocked 

He has scored 10 I believe. That really isn’t that bad if you consider that he has been injured in a number of different periods and has adapted by adding more assists to his game.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

Big call from Rogers in the summer. Do we start to move Vardy into the super sub role or bring in a more able understudy. Yes he’s been injured, which itself says a lot, but even when through he just looks less able accelerate past players nor be quite as clinical. To be even doing what he’s doing as a 34 year old who’s main attribute is pace and movement is phenomenal but there’s signs aren’t looking promising.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Penalties or not, and forgive me because I do not have a superlative to describe his worth to the team, let alone his goal-scoring but overall play is undeniable to us. 

I'm sure people will make a case for his supposed 'decline' through a lack of goals from open play but I think for his style of play you have to look beyond that.

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

He has scored 10 I believe. That really isn’t that bad if you consider that he has been injured in a number of different periods and has adapted by adding more assists to his game.

yeah the OGs against untied and spurs, are basically his goals

ngl had slight fear he may be slowing down today, but he's proven me wrong every single time before, so please say i am wrong again

49 minutes ago, eblair said:

yeah the OGs against untied and spurs, are basically his goals

ngl had slight fear he may be slowing down today, but he's proven me wrong every single time before, so please say i am wrong again

Yeah I did not include those either. This is probably the beginning of the end for JV but a combination of him being rushed back and struggling for form is making it appear worse than what it actually is. I am sure that he will prove a number of people wrong in the coming weeks /  months.

If his groin affects him that much then he wouldn't have started. The lad is 34 and there are obvious signs that he physically can't maintain the pace he once had. The chance he had today in the 2nd half when the ball was played through speaks volumes..5 years ago he would have gained that extra yard and gone through to score. Not knocking him but we need to accept that he doesn't offer the threat he once had and a big decision needs to be made for next season

1 minute ago, jon1bc said:

If his groin affects him that much then he wouldn't have started. The lad is 34 and there are obvious signs that he physically can't maintain the pace he once had. The chance he had today in the 2nd half when the ball was played through speaks volumes..5 years ago he would have gained that extra yard and gone through to score. Not knocking him but we need to accept that he doesn't offer the threat he once had and a big decision needs to be made for next season

He was flying at the start of the season and as good as ever. I can't believe that has all changed in less than 6 months. 

I don't think he has fully recovered from the injury and the way he plays, he has to be close to 100% fit because so much relies on his pace. 

No doubt we need to throw some cash at a top striker in the summer though, but I still think Vardy will be banging them in for another season after this one

Getting a striker is pivotal in the summer. We can't go into next season with a 34/35 year old Vardy as our main striker. Someone in the mould of Raul Jimenez or Danny Ings would be nice. If we get a top striker and Vardy gets ousted as the main striker then so be it. Vardy is a legend but we can't turn the clock back.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

I don't think he would have the last few games if we had anyone to replace him. He got rushed back because we have no one to fill in for him.

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

Getting a striker is pivotal in the summer.

What worries me is we haven’t signed a decent winger or striker since Pearson was here. We’re still using Albrighton despite going two years without a goal in the league and very few assists. We got lucky we didn’t have to sign Barnes, our attacking options are so poor you have to wonder what is going with our scouting team when it comes to forward players the success rate is at 0% since 2015.

• Like 4

The one thing I'll say about Vardy is that I actually think he can handle this amount of games from a natural fitness point of you. Yes, he got a niggly injury (which Kind of defeats my point in a way) but from a turning up and putting in 90 mins every 72 hrs I think it's water off a duck's back for him. 

8 hours ago, jon1bc said:

Hmmmm I think he's lost a yard from this injury rather than age. I think after a summer's rest to heal properly he'll be sharp again in September. 

You talk about being 34 like he's your normal run of the mill human being. 

Edited by Collymore

12 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

So that makes it less than a goal a month in open play? That is worrying and probably shows the decline has unfortunately started. Hope I am wrong but with Maddison and Barnes out we need his goals. 

12 hours ago, Bamboo said:

Penalties or not, and forgive me because I do not have a superlative to describe his worth to the team, let alone his goal-scoring but overall play is undeniable to us. 

I'm sure people will make a case for his supposed 'decline' through a lack of goals from open play but I think for his style of play you have to look beyond that.

I don’t see what he offers without goals and his pace. Hopefully it’s just the recovery from the op, but I don’t see him winning a foot race and I don’t see him scoring a goal. Really hope I am wrong 

49 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The one thing I'll say about Vardy is that I actually think he can handle this amount of games from a natural fitness point of you. Yes, he got a niggly injury (which Kind of defeats my point in a way) but from a turning up and putting in 90 mins every 72 hrs I think it's water off a duck's back for him. 

Not if he’s nursing an injury, a week may give him time to recovery as apposed to 3 days 

Feels like his form dropped after the first lockdown and he only just managed to scrape the Golden Boot. I know he's always had hot and cold streaks, but this one feels different and I don't think one of his cold streaks has gone this long. I'm holding out hope that its just the lack of fans... but I'm concerned. 

2 hours ago, Cecchini1976 said:

So that makes it less than a goal a month in open play? That is worrying and probably shows the decline has unfortunately started. Hope I am wrong but with Maddison and Barnes out we need his goals. 

Yeah a goal in open play but that’s obviously including that he’s been injured / rested for a lot of those games. 

There is no doubt that it is a decline but he’s 34 it’s hardly surprising. His linkup play and his importance to the club is still crucial for us.

• Like 3