Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

We had sheffield united where he looked like he was coming back to his best then tough games against man united man city and west ham. Vardy had plenty of these games against rigid deep defences in his prime. Personally im going to wait until we've gone through this run of easy fixutes against southampton, west brom etc before i consider writing him off, i think he's still got a bit left in him.

He’s slowing our play down far too regularly now. Pulling into space he’s still really good at. But you’ll see him out wide with the ball and he’s knocking it 30 yards back.

Really needs a goal, even if one flashes in off his arse

• Like 1

What people are forgetting is that he’s been missing easy chances. He was so clinical before, in the Liverpool game he could of easily had 4. In the Utd game should of at least 2. Sheffield Utd game should of had 2. It’s the guilt edge chances he’s missing is what’s worrying me. Nothing last forever unfortunately and I’m afraid it’s coming to the end. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

What people are forgetting is that he’s been missing easy chances. He was so clinical before, in the Liverpool game he could of easily had 4. In the Utd game should of at least 2. Sheffield Utd game should of had 2. It’s the guilt edge chances he’s missing is what’s worrying me. Nothing last forever unfortunately and I’m afraid it’s coming to the end. 

Missing so called easy chances surely isn't an age thing. Confidence, form? When he scores, he'll get more, I suggest. 

14 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

I don't accept that finishing goes with age, that's a form/confidence issue, not age related.

• Like 1

Like with so much else on here there are plenty who are willing to find fault, doom merchants and naysayers etc. JV has had a barren spell nearly every season at some point, but then seems to "click" again and go on another scoring run. I predict he will bag at least another 5 before the season ends, and wouldn't bet against him breaking the twenty goal barrier again.

It is definitely too early to send him to the knackers yard just yet, but we must face facts that he is drawing towards the latter end of his career and therefore need to seriously think about succession planning in the summer. If Nacho is going to step up and be the main man over the next couple of years, then we still need backup.  The problem of course is that everyone knows that we do not have the luxury of time, and prices, already high for strikers, will become ridiculously inflated as soon as anyone sniffs the slightest interest from us for one of their players. Also unlike when we brought him, and to a lesser extent Nacho in, we are going to have to find someone who is, or is very close to, the finished article as we do not have an abundance of forwards competing for places.

8 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Like with so much else on here there are plenty who are willing to find fault, doom merchants and naysayers etc. JV has had a barren spell nearly every season at some point, but then seems to "click" again and go on another scoring run. I predict he will bag at least another 5 before the season ends, and wouldn't bet against him breaking the twenty goal barrier again.

It is definitely too early to send him to the knackers yard just yet, but we must face facts that he is drawing towards the latter end of his career and therefore need to seriously think about succession planning in the summer. If Nacho is going to step up and be the main man over the next couple of years, then we still need backup.  The problem of course is that everyone knows that we do not have the luxury of time, and prices, already high for strikers, will become ridiculously inflated as soon as anyone sniffs the slightest interest from us for one of their players. Also unlike when we brought him, and to a lesser extent Nacho in, we are going to have to find someone who is, or is very close to, the finished article as we do not have an abundance of forwards competing for places.

He's scored 1 goal in half a season's worth of games. Must be his drought other than the gap between his 1st and 2nd PL goal. 

59 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Can't get on board with this thinking. He had a goal gifted to him vs. Liverpool and it has made no difference.

He's either done, or he needs a genuinely well taken goal to get his confidence back.

☹️

Watching him yesterday I fear he’s not getting any better. He’s certainly flatlined. As for the argument that he’s finished we won’t know until the end of the season. He’s a few yards off pace and a few seconds slower in touch and thinking. It’s become so normalized now that I almost know he won’t score he’s not himself anymore. Even the opposition know he’s not a threat. So sad - we miss you Vardy!

please don’t whimper out like this. 

No chance he is done. Their is no denying he is going through a very bad spell at the moment but he'll come back stronger and as prolific as ever. 

He has always been a confidence player and at the moment after a few glaring misses that he would usually put away his confidence must be at an all time low. 

We will sign a striker in the summer, and he will phased into becoming an impact sub I would imagine. Poor finishing recently but before the international break his all round game outside of that has been great, arguably better than when he was a prolific scorer. 

There is no question this is the twilight of his career though, he is 35 next season. 

Our greatest ever player IMO. 

3 hours ago, M0901 said:

He’s slowing our play down far too regularly now. Pulling into space he’s still really good at. But you’ll see him out wide with the ball and he’s knocking it 30 yards back.

Really needs a goal, even if one flashes in off his arse

Yea he made a bizarre cross pass to the Tielemans who had to buy a free kick or we would have been in trouble.

Vards has always struggled against a low block because he’s not that good with the ball at his feet. I fee it’s time for someone to step up and take his place, Nacho so far is showing he might be that man.

Still think he has a big part to play for us this season and next.

• Like 1

I always thought his mentality would pull us through difficult situations but back end of last season and right now he is AWOL and doesn't seem to be able to muster up some old magic when we most need it.

I'd hate to think this is the end of him but football is rarely kind so even I now have to accept the possibility that he is no longer one of the best strikers in the world. I really hope he can adjust and be a big game/impact player for us as that would be the perfect final phase of this love story. I never ever want to see a Vardyless Leicester if I'm honest, it won't feel the same. If he could be a sub until his mid fifties then hopefully I'll have passed away by then with an adverse reaction to a life time of tinned burgers.

7 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He needs using properly, Giroud and Cavarni are the same age but are not expected to play 90 min. of every game. Highlights our pretty desperate need for another striker.

This, people are in denial, he simply cannot play every week.

And this will be backed up with a summer time new striker.

Play him as a bit part player next season then we will see the benefits.

4 hours ago, dayday said:

This, people are in denial, he simply cannot play every week.

And this will be backed up with a summer time new striker.

Play him as a bit part player next season then we will see the benefits.

The club respect  him by playing him when  he  is not worth his place .Comments that he is the  clubs best ever player havent helped