Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Feed him more Red Bull and he'll be beefed up again..

Seriously, he needs a good rest.

If we need him and are behind, bring him on for the last half-hour.

But definitely need a long-term replacement for him from the Summer onwards.

Iheanacho certainly isn't thd answer to this question.

Edited by Wymsey

6 minutes ago, twister said:

Vards is still a pest

but injuries are seriously affecting him now

The Hip is a ever lasting problem, then the hamstring niggles

I think next year might be the last one, for leicester fans it might be a emotional one

He's still on nearly 150k odd a week for 2 more years so I hope we get another 2 years out of him! haha

Jamie will forever be a legend, but the injuries and his age are catching up with him. Very difficult to play on the shoulder against top class defenders when you in your mid-30s and not fully fit. 

I hope we invest wisely in another striker this summer and his role naturally evolves into an impact sub/mentor (I’m thinking Ian Rush and Robbie Fowler dynamic).

I’m not writing him off just yet; he’s surprised us a few times in the past, but I think we need to be realistic about what he can contribute from next season.

Hope to see Vardy rested for a few games to heal up with Kelechi bought in, even if it means we have to adapt our style of play somewhat, full backs getting to the byline, Youri making runs into the box etc.

It sucks to see Vardy not being able to fire on all cylinders and it's exposing his limitations, when he's not top notch physically you lose most of his game. Give Kel a chance and then bring Vardy in fresh and hungry to get us over the line for the top 4.

I think vardy is far from finished as a striker, but maybe done as a lone striker. Vardy just doesnt seem to have the relentless energy to lead the line by himself anymore. Might be more a case of finding him a partner rather than a replacement. Hard to say this early as he is coming back from injury and is not getting as much service due to madders and barnes being out.

Injuries to hip, hernia, groin are going to impact massively on a player who relies heavily on pace and movement.

Unfortunately, given the condensed schedule and lack of quality replacements, he's needed. 

A week off this week, another game then hopefully three weeks off around the FA Cup and international break. 

Wouldn’t write him off yet. He’s clearly not quite right physically, but probably due to injury niggles rather than just age, though of course getting niggles is also part of the aging process. I’d like to see brought on in the second half of matches to keep him fresh and allow him to run against tired legs.

If we can get a young but raw version of Vardy to start games, then we’ve got two years of JV coming on at 60 minutes and terrorising defences for the last half an hour. 

There’s plenty to come with Vardy, it’s just poor use of him to play full games twice a week now.

4 hours ago, Foxy harry said:

Might be more a case of finding him a partner rather than a replacement. 

I reckon he'd work well as a support striker as he gets older, for another couple of years. 

His hold up play, vision for a pass and ability to drawer defenders all over the place opens up lots of room for our other players. 

7 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I reckon he'd work well as a support striker as he gets older, for another couple of years. 

His hold up play, vision for a pass and ability to drawer defenders all over the place opens up lots of room for our other players. 

we wont play 2 upfront because that means barnes or maddison drops out which is not going to happen. Also, his back to goal play is not his strengths at all so dont see how hed be able to play deeper. Its his pace and ability to run in behind / last man which gives our creative players more room that is so succesful imo. Once he starts coming towards the ball, hes pretty much non exsistant and it effects the team dynamics.

Edited by OhYesNdidi

Undoubtedly, one of the all time City greats.

I wonder whether his recent operation has been a success, or whether he will need further surgery in close season. His form has only been been a shadow of his past since his return to the side, although he still valuable in the team as he is still effective at creating space for others. I would still prefer Vardy in any side City put out, but I don't think they should be playing a lone striker currently - Iheanacho or Perez cant really perform that role

You know whats amazing about vards

he is obviously not fit playing through a injury, obviously losing a yard

But his hunger determination to be a pest every single game is what is missing in so many modern players

a dying breed and a incredible character

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His next flurry of goals are going to feel so good..... AND STILL CHAAAAMPION OF THE WOOOOOOORRRRLLLDDD

I definitely think It’s coming. It seems more dramatic than used too when he goes through a lean period because he is less involved in play than previous seasons but the mans a machine and I think he will still bang plenty in over the next 18 months.

• Like 1

Had to look up his last goal by open play (before the Liverpool tap in). I genuinely couldn't remember. It was on 13 December at home against Brighton in a 3-0 win. 3 months and 1 open play goal which was Allison Becker tax - injuries notwithstanding. Love the guy. He's an all time LCFC great. But if we don't sign a proper striker in the summer we have messed up. Someone who can compete with Vardy and capable of taking his place if needs be.