Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

15 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Liverpool and spurs apparently over achieved, yet chelsea who have more trophies spending a pittance more havent?  Bit of an odd comment from the journalist.

Ours is slightly skewed having received 2 of the biggest 10 Transfer Fees in Premier league History over the past 2 seasons 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Love to see it. After a player is hugely linked and shown to want to play for Liverpool, signs for their rival and now all the ex players are popping up saying he's shite.

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Yeah, this is classic Liverpool. Former player comes out to say precisely the things the Scouse fans want to hear - even though it’s condescending baseless nonsense.

Embarrassing but hilarious all the same.

I’d be interested to know how many times Fowler has actually watched Werner play.

OK then, so who do you drop for Werner in that Liverpool side? 

I dislike Liverpool as much as the next sane football fan but their side is not far off perfect given the way they want to play. Werner improves Chelsea's starting 11, he doesn't improve Liverpool's. 

We take Mane and Salah for granted, seeing them week in week out over here, but let's not forget that they're also world class. 

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I saw Werner in the Champions League a few times this season and he was quite sloppy in his play.

He's definitely technically a lot more raw than Salah and Mane. He's ludicrously quick and does a knack for scoring but he's also not a technical wizard. 

He's a bit Vardyesque in possession, not terrible but clearly not his strength. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I dislike Liverpool as much as the next sane football fan but their side is not far off perfect given the way they want to play. Werner improves Chelsea's starting 11, he doesn't improve Liverpool's. 

We take Mane and Salah for granted, seeing them week in week out over here, but let's not forget that they're also world class. 

If Liverpool were prepared to shift their tactical set-up, Werner comes in for Firmino. Giving the front 3 more freedom to interchange and play a high press using their combined pace, rather than their current style of Firmino almost being the 'domestique' for Mane and Salah. It would potentially give them a new dynamic and make them more lethal, arguably harder to defend. 

If the article said he doesn't improve Liverpool in their current style and format, that's completely different and accurate, as he isn't a like for like Firmino replacement. 

In that article however, Fowler basically says he isn't good enough for Liverpool, which to me isn't accurate. Werner comes in and hugely improves the squad and potentially adds a new dynamic to their front line. Salah and Mane use their pace, finishing and dribbling to go by a player, Werner brings that in bags. 

16 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Tomorrow TFG release a podcast with Simpson who speaks about what started the player unrest which ultimately was Ranieri's downfall, which looks to be an incredibly interesting listen.

Prior to this they've also done a podcast with Brendan: 

One thing I would say about the BR podcast at least is there isn't a huge mention of us, but is an interesting listen about his experience and career. One issue I did have with the pod is one of the presenters referring to the club as "Player Power Stadium", which I felt a tad disrespectful. 

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If Liverpool were prepared to shift their tactical set-up

Why on earth would they do that when they're practically invincible at the moment? 

Not everyone can be the goalscorer, someone's got to create and facilitate others. 

Werner isn't fit to tie Firmino's boots when it comes to the 10 role than Firmino plays. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

As well as remember the bundesliga bar three teams is absolute cat piss 

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Why on earth would they do that when they're practically invincible at the moment? 

Not everyone can be the goalscorer, someone's got to create and facilitate others. 

Werner isn't fit to tie Firmino's boots when it comes to the 10 role than Firmino plays. 

I don't disagree with you mate, was offering an example of why they'd buy Werner. 

My disagreement with the article was Fowler saying he wasn't good enough. He probably doesn't start, but the article comes across as bitter he rejected Liverpool.

Did he reject Liverpool? I’ve only heard them linked with him, not that they’d put a bid in and he chose Chelsea over them.

As others have said, Werner to Chelsea is a no brainer, he better suits their style of play and is almost guaranteed to start every week. In a strange way Liverpool have dug themselves into a bit of a hole (Albeit an extremely enviable one) because who the hell to bring in to complete with them 3?! It’s like when Barca had Messi, peak Suarez and Neymar as their front 3 but only had Alcácer really in reserve. Similarly Liverpool don’t need a £50m striker sat on the bench who’d be impatient to play in the big games. 

Edited by Staffs Fox

10 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

Did he reject Liverpool? I’ve only heard them linked with him, not that they’d put a bid in and he chose Chelsea over them.

I'd read his preferred move was to liverpool but they didn't make an offer and Chelsea did. 

21 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Surely a Sane football fan would love Liverpool. He plays for them.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Surely a Sane football fan would love Liverpool. He plays for them.

Not sure where to start with this one :giggle:

Sane plays for Man City...Mané plays for Liverpool mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HEGGSY said:

Not sure where to start with this one :giggle:

Sane plays for Man City...Mané plays for Liverpool mate.

yeah, I know,  but that just ruins the joke.

23 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

If Liverpool were prepared to shift their tactical set-up, Werner comes in for Firmino. Giving the front 3 more freedom to interchange and play a high press using their combined pace, rather than their current style of Firmino almost being the 'domestique' for Mane and Salah. It would potentially give them a new dynamic and make them more lethal, arguably harder to defend. 

If the article said he doesn't improve Liverpool in their current style and format, that's completely different and accurate, as he isn't a like for like Firmino replacement. 

In that article however, Fowler basically says he isn't good enough for Liverpool, which to me isn't accurate. Werner comes in and hugely improves the squad and potentially adds a new dynamic to their front line. Salah and Mane use their pace, finishing and dribbling to go by a player, Werner brings that in bags. 

Firmino is the best player @ Liverpool & the 1 that makes it tick up front, no way he is the 1 to drop

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Totally agree with this! NFL use it for coaching interview process and is now seen as dated and counter productive. I think a better option would be a pathway/job experience system for BAME candidates to obtain the exposure they would need for a career in order for them to become successful.  

• Like 1

Agree, positive discrimination would’ve been doomed to fail in this I think. Make the pathway clear and accessible instead.

• Like 1

On 08/06/2020 at 12:30, Finnegan said:

He's definitely technically a lot more raw than Salah and Mane. He's ludicrously quick and does a knack for scoring but he's also not a technical wizard. 

He's a bit Vardyesque in possession, not terrible but clearly not his strength. 

Vardy is excellent in possession. I’d say his centre forward link up + hold up play is up there with the best in the league. 

Edited by TJB-fox