Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

They could but I very much doubt they would. Too much of a decent gesture. 

I don’t mean all of them. I mean the ones that are earmarked ‘free to air’ already. Not sure if that’s any clearer? I can understand why you misread my first post. 

6 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

They're making some big moves already, Chelsea. I think they'll be a force to be reckoned with and could be looking to challenge the top 2. It's up to us to try and keep pace.

Tidy enough business but Chelsea will still be nowhere near the top 2 in my opinion - they're on an entirely different planet and have the two best coaches in the sport.

6 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

To soon to tell, until it specifies which Sky channel we'll not know if it's a free to air one. 

None of the BT ones are though. 

It'll be on Pick TV channel on freeview.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Tidy enough business but Chelsea will still be nowhere near the top 2 in my opinion - they're on an entirely different planet and have the two best coaches in the sport.

Some great business so far, but I agree with you. Chelsea don't have the depth nor the defensive strength the top 2 have. 

7 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Can they not make any of the channels free to air for a limited amount of time? 

Although I suppose you’d need access to Sky in some capacity to be able to receive the free service. 

They'll be on PickTV on Free view apparently. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

To soon to tell, until it specifies which Sky channel we'll not know if it's a free to air one. 

None of the BT ones are though. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

It'll be on Pick TV channel on freeview.

The comment said no free to air matches listed but I meant, until it says Sky Sports 1 or Pick we'll not know which match is on freeview. At present it says Sky, which covers the free and paid matches.

• Like 1

Pictures of Tyrone Mings attending the BLM protest in Birmingham appeared yesterday, its brilliant that these big names are up there spreading this message. 

But, doesn't him attending the protest put his squad and staff at potential risk?  I know this message transcends football by a huge amount, but putting his health at risk then puts all the squad and staff at risk too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Pictures of Tyrone Mings attending the BLM protest in Birmingham appeared yesterday, its brilliant that these big names are up there spreading this message. 

But, doesn't him attending the protest put his squad and staff at potential risk?  I know this message transcends football by a huge amount, but putting his health at risk then puts all the squad and staff at risk too.

I thought that too! He was right in the middle of thousands of people. He has potentially put the team at risk as well as himself with potential to miss the start of the season. I fully appreciate his right and others to protest and it brilliant he is spreading the message but it is risky at this present time.

Edited by Hales

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52928359

Timo Werner to Chelsea seemingly confirmed.

Man this is what I hate about modern football. We have an incredible season but the top teams just reinforce and open up the gap again. Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner added to that Chelsea team is really scary. They've already got the nucleus of a decent squad and that is just going to improve them even more. Chelsea haven't had a truly world class striker since Costa left so having someone that prolific up front with someone as creative as Ziyech in the team... they are going to be a force.

Perhaps they won't catch the top two but with the signings Chelsea and Man U are making and the addition of European football it's hard to see us breaking top 4 next season (assuming we hold on this season).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah I reckon you're right, but I do see Liverpool at their peak right now and if Mané or Salah decide they want a new challenge, they'll have quite a rebuilding job on. Saying that, though, coronavirus might just put the brakes on the transfer market a bit so they may stick around.

But if Man City's two-year Champions League ban is upheld then players like De Bruyne will consider their future, plus a few of their players are getting on a bit now.

I think you're right, they'll probably finish top 2 again in 2020/21 but I do think they can be got at more than this campaign.

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Man this is what I hate about modern football. We have an incredible season but the top teams just reinforce and open up the gap again. Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner added to that Chelsea team is really scary. They've already got the nucleus of a decent squad and that is just going to improve them even more. Chelsea haven't had a truly world class striker since Costa left so having someone that prolific up front with someone as creative as Ziyech in the team... they are going to be a force.

Perhaps they won't catch the top two but with the signings Chelsea and Man U are making and the addition of European football it's hard to see us breaking top 4 next season (assuming we hold on this season).

Maybe we'll break into it the following season with no Euro football.

Wash, Rinse and Repeat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

We will see how they get on, as usual signing names doesn’t equal success... they look good for sure... but hey who knows. It is football. 

1 hour ago, Staffs Fox said:

It’s a bloody brilliant position we find ourselves in and the comparison with Sevilla is quite a good one for how we could be going forward.

That in itself is an achievement when 12 years ago we would have snapped someone’s hands off if they offered us the chance to trade places with Wigan!

Yes absolutely, I would have bitten your hand off for that when in League One and it's not that I'm that unhappy about it going forwards.

At the same time it's hard not to be envious when a team signs not one but two top class players in the same window. And that's not to mention players like Kovacic, Pulisic, Rudiger who they have signed in recent years too. Sure they've signed some average and poor players too but it does make the 2016 title win look more and more insane.

I have nothing but respect for Mings. I have a banner outside my house as I’m trying to do my bit. He is doing his in a way he finds reasonable. I am sure he woulda approached the club first. Even if not it’s his individuality and he’s obviously frustrated to the point that he’s willing to risk his own, his Families and his teammates Health. Fair play to him. 

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

To be fair a lot of this money they have spent and will spend is from getting £100m for Hazard and a load of other dough they received without buying during their ban and then getting £50m for Morata this summer too.

Our model should always be, buying as cheap as possible for the best young players we can recruit and then sell at a maximum of 1 player every summer that is expendable like Maguire and Chilwell will be. The issue is when it's the likes of Kante and Mahrez that go and it's difficult to immediately replace.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Probably will take 3rd spot off us next season, bit worried now with United starting to improve as well, can see us popping in and out of the top 6 for a while. Need to sign a top winger really for more goals and assists from out wide. Also, can’t see us holding onto Ndidi and Pereira for much longer :( 

13 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Probably will take 3rd spot off us next season, bit worried now with United starting to improve as well, can see us popping in and out of the top 6 for a while. Need to sign a top winger really for more goals and assists from out wide. Also, can’t see us holding onto Ndidi and Pereira for much longer :( 

It’ll be Ndidi leaving that worries me. I can’t see anyone replacing him. He’s just that good and that disciplined. Ricardo despite being one of the best rb’s in the world ... him leaving just doesn’t fill me with as much fear as it did. Perhaps it’s JJ deputising, I just fear loosing Ndidi overall as much as I do Vardy hanging up them boots. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

It’ll be Ndidi leaving that worries me. I can’t see anyone replacing him. He’s just that good and that disciplined. Ricardo despite being one of the best rb’s in the world ... him leaving just doesn’t fill me with as much fear as it did. Perhaps it’s JJ deputising, I just fear loosing Ndidi overall as much as I do Vardy hanging up them boots. 

Have to agree. Our dip in form earlier this season coincided with his injury lay off. We had no consistently effective back up.