Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Vardy is excellent in possession. I’d say his centre forward link up + hold up play is up there with the best in the league. 

Not really what I mean to be fair. I agree with you, for what it's worth, I think Vardy's intelligence is hugely under rated. He's very economical with possession and thinks for the team more than himself. 

But you wouldn't put your mortgage on Vardy beating a man he wasn't faster than, would you? He's a very average dribbler, he carries the ball kinda awkwardly. His passing is solid enough but he's never going to split open defences with consistently dangerous passes. 

Even with his shooting he's got limits. On the one hand, he's very inventive and has a ludicrously good, soft, first time touch (flying dink volley against spurs, West Brom first timer from over his shoulder, flick for England vs Germany) but at the same time when has he ever curled one in from twenty yards or arrowed one top bins from twenty five? 

And all of those things are fine, he's brilliant at what he does, it's not a criticism. And that's very much like Timo Werner. He's fast, is a great penalty box finisher, makes great runs without the ball but probably isn't at his most dangerous when in possession with a defender standing him up. 

• Like 4

On 07/06/2020 at 12:55, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We first went top after gameweek 13.

We went top after beating Stoke 3-0 on Sat 23rd January (gameweek 23) and were never shifted after that.

Gameweeks at top:

21 Leicester

12 Man City (all in first 14 gameweeks)

4 Arsenal (gameweeks 19-22)

1 Man U (gameweek 7)

That season :trumpet:

You forgot to mention spurs 13 minutes. They released a dvd and everything :ph34r:lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Not really what I mean to be fair. I agree with you, for what it's worth, I think Vardy's intelligence is hugely under rated. He's very economical with possession and thinks for the team more than himself. 

But you wouldn't put your mortgage on Vardy beating a man he wasn't faster than, would you? He's a very average dribbler, he carries the ball kinda awkwardly. His passing is solid enough but he's never going to split open defences with consistently dangerous passes. 

Even with his shooting he's got limits. On the one hand, he's very inventive and has a ludicrously good, soft, first time touch (flying dink volley against spurs, West Brom first timer from over his shoulder, flick for England vs Germany) but at the same time when has he ever curled one in from twenty yards or arrowed one top bins from twenty five? 

And all of those things are fine, he's brilliant at what he does, it's not a criticism. And that's very much like Timo Werner. He's fast, is a great penalty box finisher, makes great runs without the ball but probably isn't at his most dangerous when in possession with a defender standing him up. 

I agree with you here but Vardy’s passing always surprises me. Maybe his vision more than his passing itself but he gets his head up, spots the right pass and always times it well. He’s never usually in a position to pick the ball in a deep area which I think impacts on people’s perception of him. 

His crossing is fantastic, the ball he put in for Ulloa against United is a good example and his low crossing is spot on too

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

I agree with you here but Vardy’s passing always surprises me. Maybe his vision more than his passing itself but he gets his head up, spots the right pass and always times it well. He’s never usually in a position to pick the ball in a deep area which I think impacts on people’s perception of him. 

His crossing is fantastic, the ball he put in for Ulloa against United is a good example and his low crossing is spot on too

Yeah but that's what I mean, he has the intelligence just probably not the consistency of technique. I may be doing him a disservice but I'm fairly confident you could play him as deep as you want and he'd never have the technical range of passing that YT, Madders or Riyad does. 

Again, not a complaint, its just not what he's in the team for and that's fine. 

His crossing does often surprise me but equally he does often over hit a few, he's not bad, again he's much better than people think but he's not quite Steve Guppy either. 

Edited by Finnegan

Cov fans all out last night celebrating their “title”*

Idea that this isn’t going to happen in Liverpool on much greater scale when they win it because they’ve moved a few games to neutral venues is farcical 

Everton vs Liverpool given approval to play at Goodison Park. 

They're putting a lot of faith in football fans, hopefully that pays off. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12003880/everton-vs-liverpool-to-go-ahead-at-goodison-park-on-june-21

"The Merseyside derby will go ahead on June 21 at Goodison Park behind-closed-doors and not at a neutral venue, it has been confirmed.

The ground safety advisory group at Liverpool City Council met on Wednesday and has approved a safety certificate to allow the match to go ahead at Everton's home ground.

More to follow..."

Edited by UniFox21

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

It won’t when Liverpool fans are involved, they’ll find a way to cock it up for everyone else

I'm really hoping they'll be calm and sensible, but after seeing Cov fans celebrate in a large crowd in the city centre last night, I'm not hopeful. 

21 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It won’t when Liverpool fans are involved, they’ll find a way to cock it up for everyone else

I'm pretty sure that whoever was winning the little there would be fans from that club out celebrating together some people just feel the need to be involved, "part of it" hence the social media band wagoners and of course with social media it's now so much easier for people to find out "where it's happening" and that includes our fans.

How do you think we suddenly found ourselves with  250,000 fans when we won it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm really hoping they'll be calm and sensible, but after seeing Cov fans celebrate in a large crowd in the city centre last night, I'm not hopeful. 

I didn't think cov had enough fans these days to form a large crowd...

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

It will happen nationwide with Liverpool fans and then all football fans will get branded morons when we know it’s just that fan base. 

Literally any club's fans would do the same.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 4

Interesting listening to the comments Sterling has made re Gerrard, Lampard, Campbell and Ashley Cole in management opportunities.

Gerrard having worked his way through the Liverpool academy coaching before being given the Rangers opportunity, Lampard given the Derby job through some help of his Uncle Harry Redknapp before being given the Chelsea job due to his playing career, Campbell has managed at a lower level and if he continues to achieve, you'd assume he'd be given an opportunity higher up. Hasn't Cole just retired?

Understand the comments Sterling was making, personally think the change needs to come from within and instead of using the Rooney rule, clubs should encourage BAME players to stay on coaching following their playing days and gain experience that way, similar to Kolo Toure. 

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

It’s painful to admit but Chelsea are putting together a very good squad. Young too.  I’m just hoping Lampard gets found out. X 

Let's wait and see regarding those players. On paper it looks good, but history has shown how Chelsea have failed to get the best out of promising/good players, most notably of course Salah, de Bruyne and Lukaku in recent years.

• Like 2

On 07/06/2020 at 12:25, Livid said:

Maybe it’s the lack of atmosphere or because I don’t really have any interest in the Bundesliga but I think I’ve realised what I’ve thought for a long time. 

I don’t actually miss football,  I miss Leicester City playing football. Possibly a little bit of Coalville Town for non league action. 

For years I’ve watched games on TV mainly because they were on. Unless it was the City or had an effect on the City I don’t really care. 

It's a little different over here in the States, but the KO times being in the morning and the excitement of going to bed on a Friday or Saturday and knowing that you've got Leicester City to look forward to when you wake up is awesome. I've had quite a few good mornings down at the pub with friends watching a full slate of matches from as early as 8 AM to 2 PM. While you're there you have breakfast, coffee, couple (sometimes many) pints, etc.

So I concur - I don't miss football as much as I miss Leicester City and the part the PL has played in some incredible weekends.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm sorry, but brandishing Liverpool fans, or the people of Liverpool as though a different breed is revolting.

You have obviously not ever read the redandwhitekop forum then.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nnickn said:

You have obviously not ever read the redandwhitekop forum then.

Scousers are the soundest people I've ever met tbf. There's loads of shit on this forum, doesn't make us all the same.

3 hours ago, MattFox said:

Cov fans all out last night celebrating their “title”*

Idea that this isn’t going to happen in Liverpool on much greater scale when they win it because they’ve moved a few games to neutral venues is farcical 

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

It will happen nationwide with Liverpool fans and then all football fans will get branded morons when we know it’s just that fan base. 

We've seen people in the streets "celebrating" VE Day, people marching in thousands and the government breaking rules and the PM justify. I don't really think any fan base celebrating a title is gonna be any different.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Scousers are the soundest people I've ever met tbf. There's loads of shit on this forum, doesn't make us all the same.

Just depends tbf, every club has their fare set of w@nkers. Liverpool fans just seem to be highlighted a fair bit as of late.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Just depends tbf, every club has their fare set of w@nkers. Liverpool fans just seem to be highlighted a fair bit as of late.

I'm not disagreeing but with most big clubs come absolute idiots, especially across the internet.