Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

21 minutes ago, Izzy said:

He's nearly 75 and way past his pension. Would have thought he'd have made way for some younger talent to come through by now.

13 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I loved Motty in his prime but you're right, unfortunately he also outstayed his welcome 

I can't think of a decent young commentator. A least these guys having a bit of class and composure.

Commentary doesn't attract a huge number, I suppose you have to have a reasonable sounding voice!

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Deserves nothing but contempt for the way he manipulated the media by deflecting attention away from the Mane dive to heaping shite on a young lad resulting in an online racist barrage. 

But the BBC like him. 

Don't get me wrong, he's a born winner, we could do with someone like that here, but I can't help but dislike him.

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Yes he's scored goals but he has never won anything. That's no coincidence. His style of play is not conducive to fluid football in my opinion. 

He's very good at doing what he does, but if I was a football manager I wouldn't play with a striker of his style.

I was just thinking about Kane leaving Spurs, it's gotta be next summer surely? If he leaves it much longer he'll never win anything. I was thinking where he could go, and if he stays in England I could only think of United or City, but don't think he'd fit in with the way City play. I can't see them selling to Chelsea and Arsenal are probably a step down.

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Yes he's scored goals but he has never won anything. That's no coincidence. His style of play is not conducive to fluid football in my opinion. 

He's very good at doing what he does, but if I was a football manager I wouldn't play with a striker of his style.

I dont think Tottenham being bottle jobs is particularly his fault though, but goals win you games. Just think Sancho sliding balls across the box with someone as prolific as Kane on the end of it is a match made in heaven. Exciting times no matter what.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Don't get me wrong, he's a born winner, we could do with someone like that here, but I can't help but dislike him.

I was just thinking about Kane leaving Spurs, it's gotta be next summer surely? If he leaves it much longer he'll never win anything. I was thinking where he could go, and if he stays in England I could only think of United or City, but don't think he'd fit in with the way City play. I can't see them selling to Chelsea and Arsenal are probably a step down.

Man Utd is the only club i could see him going to in England personally. Madrid maybe if abroad? 

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He’ll end up like Tony Cottee, move around a couple of big clubs with out winning anything and then move to the US or something similar before coming back and winning the League Cup with Watford or Burnley.

I think he needs to move soon. If he doesn't, then it's game over for big moves and he may as well finish his career at Spurs and become a proper legend there - likely top scorer of all time. Think of how the likes of Steve Bull are revered, even though they didn't win much. A lot to be said for being a true club legend. 

• Like 1

Kane did start at Watford I think but Spurs got in there when he scored against their Youth team.

So he owes us one !

;)

Same with Sancho and Man City.

Maybe next year he wil have a good Euros and get a big move like Lineker did after the 1986 World Cup.

Edited by Super_horns

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

That was a bit half-hearted compared to the respect Chelsea gave us :D

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Chelsea preferred us and Ranieri winning than Spuds :D

Everyone preferred us and Ranieri winning than Spurs :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t think any one would pay the crazy amount of money spurs would want for Kane at the minute. He gets injured quite a bit then takes him a while to get going again he does score goals but he also has a million shots a game 😂

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The idea was sound but no one bothered to think of the different scenarios where the ball can come into contact with the arm before a goal is scored ...... surely they will make some changes to it ???

All they need to say is that any goal scored DIRECTLY from the arm/hand gets chalked off (Boly scoring against Man City). Everything else should be up to the ref to decide if it was enough of a deflection to significantly alter the attack. 

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

All they need to say is that any goal scored DIRECTLY from the arm/hand gets chalked off (Boly scoring against Man City). Everything else should be up to the ref to decide if it was enough of a deflection to significantly alter the attack. 

I'd maybe stretch that to directly scored by or assisted by an arm. So if the scoring player controls the ball with his arm, or flicks off the assisting players arm. Other than that I'd stop all the crap of in the build up etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

A goal that is scored by controlling the ball with your arm, or beating a defender to flick on with your arm would then count. 

Should be back to deliberate and non-deliberate rules. Yes it requires an opinion but VAR done right would allow goals like Spurs to stand last night. 

@UniFox21 what you said! Didn’t see your post when I replied. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

A goal that is scored by controlling the ball with your arm, or beating a defender to flick on with your arm would then count. 

@UniFox21

No it wouldn't because if its obvious control with the arm then the ref gives the handball decision as he always has. 

Jimenez had an attack stopped earlier this season because a through ball bounced up off his arm and into his path as he was running onto it, and he was through on goal. The ref blew and stopped play before he could even take his shot. He didn't wait for a goal and VAR to decide it hit his arm. 

Changing the rule to only scored with the arm doesn't negate all the other deliberate handball rules. 

Edited by The Bear

31 minutes ago, The Bear said:

No it wouldn't because if its obvious control with the arm then the ref gives the handball decision as he always has. 

Jimenez had an attack stopped earlier this season because a through ball bounced up off his arm and into his path as he was running onto it, and he was through on goal. The ref blew and stopped play before he could even take his shot. He didn't wait for a goal and VAR to decide it hit his arm. 

Changing the rule to only scored with the arm doesn't negate all the other deliberate handball rules. 

I know that. Handball is still handball. 

It muddies already murky waters with regards to VAR. 

One right call (Jimenez) doesn’t negate the chances that there will be plenty of dubious calls given on the subject. 

At least this season, attacking wise, it’s been consistent. 

We’ve seen how inconsistent the decisions are for defenders, it’ll be the same next season for attackers with regards to VAR. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1702418

The Premier League has confirmed the fixture schedule for the two match rounds between 14-22 July of the resumed 2019/20 season, if all safety requirements are in place.

It has also confirmed that the final day of the 2019/20 season will be Sunday 26 July, with all matches kicking off at 16:00 BST.

All matches will be played behind closed doors. All times are BST.

Tuesday 14 July
20:15 Chelsea v Norwich City (Sky Sports)

Wednesday 15 July
18:00 Burnley v Wolves (BBC)
18:00 Man City v AFC Bournemouth (Sky Sports/Sky Pick)
18:00 Newcastle United v Spurs (BT Sport)
20:15 Arsenal v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Thursday 16 July
18:00 Everton v Aston Villa (Sky Sports)
18:00 Leicester City v Sheff Utd (Sky Sports/Sky Pick)
20:15 Crystal Palace v Man Utd (BT Sport)
20:15 Southampton v Brighton (BT Sport)

Friday 17 July
20:00 West Ham v Watford (Sky Sports)

Saturday 18 July
17:30 Norwich City v Burnley (Sky Sports/Sky Pick)

Sunday 19 July 
14:00 AFC Bournemouth v Southampton (BT Sport)
16:00 Spurs v Leicester City (Sky Sports)

Monday 20 July
18:00 Brighton v Newcastle United (Sky Sports/Sky Pick)
18:00 Sheff Utd v Everton (Amazon Prime Video)
20:15 Wolves v Crystal Palace (BT Sport)

Tuesday 21 July
18:00 Watford v Man City (Sky Sports)
20:15 Aston Villa v Arsenal (Sky Sports)

Wednesday 22 July
18:00 Man Utd v West Ham (Sky Sports)
20:15 Liverpool v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Edited by jammie82uk