Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Guest bennytwohats
Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that as a message alone. I dont think anyone has objections about an anti-racism message.

The danger is the message in this case is quite strongly tied to the organisation.

This organisation is a little strange as they appear to hate Jews, which might suggest they are not actually actually anti racist?

Do they hate jews, or are they just anti-Israel? The conflation of those two things has been a problem for quite some time.

7 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that as a message alone. I dont think anyone has objections about an anti-racism message.

The danger is the message in this case is quite strongly tied to the organisation.

This organisation is a little strange as they appear to hate Jews, which might suggest they are not actually actually anti racist?

Och the Israel thing is messy I agree. That some of the left cannot condemn the nation without making it anti Semitic is painful to me too as a lefty. I have an Israeli friend who received abuse over here from members of the left which is depressing but just as some Trump voters are KKK some BLM folk may be idiots. However as an ideal and given the current climate I cannot hep but see the BLM movement as positive, timely and something to cheer. I think the taking the knee has been an incredible gesture and happy to see it continue. The problem is often nobbers on both sides but moaning about what is on the whole a very positive movement seems very churlish. Black Lives Matter. Anyone who finds anything about that sentence offensive has to take a look at themselves. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Norwich dropping Cantwell and Pukki today. May as well just put up a white flag. 

Or they have the minerals to make the tough choices?

(Seems dumb to me mind...)

12 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Do they hate jews, or are they just anti-Israel? The conflation of those two things has been a problem for quite some time.

They made posts about UK politics being 'gagged' which suggests anti-semitic undertones of a 'hidden world order' which is long known to be associated with anti Jewish conspiracy theories and their perceived power in the world order by the far left.

Also Oxford Black Lives matters posted a picture seen previously and praised by Corbyn depicting Jews around a table. It's not acceptable to be honest, pretty abhorrent behaviour.

How exactly does talking about Israel going to help the lives of black people in 2020 Britain? Or is it because they are a slightly dangerous far left organisation with different agendas.

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Och the Israel thing is messy I agree. That some of the left cannot condemn the nation without making it anti Semitic is painful to me too as a lefty. I have an Israeli friend who received abuse over here from members of the left which is depressing but just as some Trump voters are KKK some BLM folk may be idiots. However as an ideal and given the current climate I cannot hep but see the BLM movement as positive, timely and something to cheer. I think the taking the knee has been an incredible gesture and happy to see it continue. The problem is often nobbers on both sides but moaning about what is on the whole a very positive movement seems very churlish. Black Lives Matter. Anyone who finds anything about that sentence offensive has to take a look at themselves. X 

Agree the sentence and knee are fine as gestures it's the bigger organisation and it's TRUE agenda I have issue with.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Will it continue next season ....and the season after ?

It's a problem because now someone needs to make the decision to stop this, it should have lasted for 12 games like the names on the shirts and then get back to football. Same with the drinks breaks which are now tactics breaks, whats the point when its 15 degrees. It's a farce at the moment and the quality of football is definitely impacted.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Norwich have scored 1 goal in their last 8 premier league games. Take a guess who that was against :(

Last time Pukki scored from open play was against us too lol In the home game.

• Haha 1

I don't understand this 'Norwich are a good football club model' that gets so much airplay. 

They spent only spent 750k on their return to the Prem & are going down again. I don't get it. I can understand not spending ££££££££ but you have to give yourself a chance. 

3 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I don't understand this 'Norwich are a good football club model' that gets so much airplay. 

They spent only spent 750k on their return to the Prem & are going down again. I don't get it. I can understand not spending ££££££££ but you have to give yourself a chance. 

In contrast to Villa and Bournemouth spending £100mill plus and being 5 points better off? 

They've got some brilliant youth players they've brought through, who will all sell for a decent price which they can reinvest in the team. They play a decent style too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

In contrast to Villa and Bournemouth spending £100mill plus and being 5 points better off? 

They've got some brilliant youth players they've brought through, who will all sell for a decent price which they can reinvest in the team. They play a decent style too.

You'd expect Norwich to be in a better place to make an immediate return rather than a Villa or Bournemouth who will be in disarray with players on huge wages.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

They've obviously bought very poorly ( Villa & B'mouth ) and they are the other extreme l pointed out. I just think spending nothing and giving yourself virtually no chance ( again ) is pointless. Go down sell your best talent & repeat, just my opinion but l don't see the point. 

Of all the points we've dropped this season the ones against Norwich pain me the most. 

They're just so, damn awful. 

Especially given we'd be home dry if we'd beaten them twice. 

Edited by Finnegan

Norwich's defence was the problem in the Championship, I remember meeting a Norwich lad last summer in Turkey and he said they'd go straight back down because their defending is awful. It looks like they've not fixed the problem at all.

I think they need 25 points to avoid becoming the 6th worst team in the league ever (in terms of points total).

2 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

I mean the core of the message is that black people should have similar rights and opportunities to everyone as well. Regardless of any controversies on the fringes of the BLM campaign, I hope as a club we continue to stand behind that message that racism has no place in our club or our fanbase for as long as is needed.

The club can continue to stand by that message without associations to BLM. 

'Kick it Out' and 'Show racism the red card' are more appropriate. 

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

You'd expect Norwich to be in a better place to make an immediate return rather than a Villa or Bournemouth who will be in disarray with players on huge wages.

Exactly, they'll likely be able to keep or build on their core players without it breaking the bank to keep them. And they'll also make a pretty penny in parachute payments that can be used too. 

5 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

They've obviously bought very poorly ( Villa & B'mouth ) and they are the other extreme l pointed out. I just think spending nothing and giving yourself virtually no chance ( again ) is pointless. Go down sell your best talent & repeat, just my opinion but l don't see the point. 

But relegation won't cause the need for a giant sell off, they'll be able to keep their core and continue to build sustainably. West brom made a habit of it for a while last decade and managed a decent run in the prem. 

The method Norwich use is significantly more sustainable both short and long term compared to lumping huge sums of money and being in huge financial trouble