Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Corky said:

Can't they bin Martin Tyler off? Just witters on most of the time, eventually lost it all by going on about some spurious stat when Graeme Souness was manager years ago.

His breathing has been really noticeable recently, makes me feel nauseous 

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Can't they bin Martin Tyler off? Just witters on most of the time, eventually lost it all by going on about some spurious stat when Graeme Souness was manager years ago.

During the war...................

image.jpeg.e1b2947d79dc811d10ef145f3e796df2.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Unless Manchester United are winning he hasn't sounded like he actually enjoys football for a few years now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

This rule is utterly, utterly shit.

I'd love to hear the reasoning from the men who brought it into the game.

The idea was sound but no one bothered to think of the different scenarios where the ball can come into contact with the arm before a goal is scored ...... surely they will make some changes to it ???

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

My favourite bit was “Henderson will lift the title against Chelsea”

[Insert some Gary Neville hatred of Liverpool].

Then back to Tyler, literally about half a minute later “Henderson will lift the trophy in a couple weeks”.

lol

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

He's nearly 75 and way past his pension. Would have thought he'd have made way for some younger talent to come through by now.

26 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

A year ago I’d have agreed, but he’s stalled a bit this season with his performances.

I still think he’ll be a good player but expectations have dropped a little. 

I agree. Hamza has been a headless chicken this year.

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

He's nearly 75 and way past his pension. Would have thought he'd have made way for some younger talent to come through by now.

Much preferred John Motson, with his high-pitched reactions, even though (like with Tyler) he was past his best for a few years before he eventually retired from the role.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stadt said:

His breathing has been really noticeable recently, makes me feel nauseous 

Martin Keown is king breather, he seems to do it through his teeth in all, in between crap metaphors

*FTTTTTTTTTTHHHH* "Olivier Giroud, he's like a backboard in basketball isn't he, it's unbelieveableissnit" *FFFFFFTTHHHHHH*

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Much preferred John Motson, with his high-pitched reactions, even though (like with Tyler) he was past his best for a few years before he eventually retired from the role.

I loved Motty in his prime but you're right, unfortunately he also outstayed his welcome 

• Like 1

What a future for England by the way:

Rashford, Greenwood, Sterling, Sancho, Foden as young attacking options is insane.

Then there's Kane. Wouldn't get in the team for me.

With the following team behind any combination of Rashford, Greenwood, Sterling and Sancho we could be knocking on the door.

Henderson

Trent

Gomez

Maguire

Chilwell (👀)

Henderson

Ox

Foden

You just know Kane will start every game and slow down our play though.

13 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Do you think Stringer should apply?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Klopp is a ****ing mardy ****, can't stand him.

Deserves nothing but contempt for the way he manipulated the media by deflecting attention away from the Mane dive to heaping shite on a young lad resulting in an online racist barrage. 

But the BBC like him. 

5 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

What a future for England by the way:

Rashford, Greenwood, Sterling, Sancho, Foden as young attacking options is insane.

Then there's Kane. Wouldn't get in the team for me.

With the following team behind any combination of Rashford, Greenwood, Sterling and Sancho we could be knocking on the door.

Henderson

Trent

Gomez

Maguire

Chilwell (👀)

Henderson

Ox

Foden

You just know Kane will start every game and slow down our play though.

I should hope so too seeing as he is the best English out and out goal scorer we have. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just have to look at his record to see that

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

I should hope so too seeing as he is the best English out and out goal scorer we have. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just have to look at his record to see that

Yes he's scored goals but he has never won anything. That's no coincidence. His style of play is not conducive to fluid football in my opinion. 

He's very good at doing what he does, but if I was a football manager I wouldn't play with a striker of his style.

• Like 4