Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just seems like there's an acceptance at Norwich that they aren't quite good enough to sustain themselves as a Premier league team. In some ways it's admirable that they aren't willing to risk the clubs future for the Premier league dream but on the other hand surely they have to try and push the club on. 

I suppose the fans get a fair bit of excitement from their promotion and playoff campaigns but ultimately they know the club aren't going to invest to take them on any further. Maybe if they got through their first season in the prem it would allow the club to up their budgets slightly 

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Pretty much. I think its because EA sports are one of the Premier League’s main sponsors and its just them being all interlinked. It’s annoying tho having the same two songs every time we’re on Sky of ‘Leicester boys making all the noise’ and ‘Leicester Leicester Leicester .....,’

Its really annoying How sky have made this so so poor, 

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Can you explain how the black lives matter Movement is racist? I’m not trying to be obtuse I’m genuinely intrigued. I’m nothing if not willing to change my mind if presented with evidence so I’d be keen to hear yours? X 

I can in another thread if you want to start one and under the condition I wont be labeled as racist.  I have stopped this discussion elsewhere as there is people out there who think if you dont support the movement then it must mean you are (a) racist and (b) dont believe racism exists.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Armchair football fan moaning and being racist about other football fans and thinking that taking a knee is going to change hundreds of years of oppression when they don't even understand the "hundreds of years of oppression" is as crazy as it gets.

Yeah, that’s what they said about Kaepernick etc, then there were riots. Like a ‘know your place’ attitude. 

More like defending the right to a peaceful protest in a democratic country, but yeah I’m racist against myself. 😆

22 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The club can continue to stand by that message without associations to BLM. 

'Kick it Out' and 'Show racism the red card' are more appropriate. 

BLM is the current universally trending slogan / hash tag. It's relevant, so everyone's rallying around it. 

That far right groups are trying to over emphasise every fringe twat that's acting like a nob head at protests or is equating protests to looting, it doesn't actually cheapen the movement itself. Or, it doesn't unless you're a closet racist actively looking for it to be cheapened. 

It's right that the league, the clubs and the players are on board with BLM. 

If the protests around the world were under the banner Kick It Out, there'd be the odd moron attached getting violent or there'd still be the odd looter being overly sensationalised in the right wing global media so it doesn't really matter what name you use for the cause. 

BLM has done more in a few weeks to raise awareness and create public pressure on major businesses and institutions than Kick It Out and Show Racism the Red Card or whatever have done in ten years. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

BLM is the current universally trending slogan / hash tag. It's relevant, so everyone's rallying around it. 

That far right groups are trying to over emphasise every fringe twat that's acting like a nob head at protests or is equating protests to looting, it doesn't actually cheapen the movement itself. Or, it doesn't unless you're a closet racist actively looking for it to be cheapened. 

It's right that the league, the clubs and the players are on board with BLM. 

If the protests around the world were under the banner Kick It Out, there'd be the odd moron attached getting violent or there'd still be the odd looter being overly sensationalised in the right wing global media so it doesn't really matter what name you use for the cause. 

BLM has done more in a few weeks to raise awareness and create public pressure on major businesses and institutions than Kick It Out and Show Racism the Red Card or whatever have done in ten years. 

However, Kick it out and Show Racism the Red Card don't carry the political baggage that BLM clearly does. The movement has been very successful in raising public awareness about inequality but its clearly much more than that. Even the Labour Party and Starmer are trying to distance themselves from it. 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

No matter how bad we think things are for us, you could be a Norwich fan. An absolute must win game against a team that's not that good and they've made no effort to score! haha

The same team that's not that good that we made no effort to score against lol

39 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Yeah, that’s what they said about Kaepernick etc, then there were riots. Like a ‘know your place’ attitude. 

More like defending the right to a peaceful protest in a democratic country, but yeah I’m racist against myself. 😆

Are you claiming that you are oppressed?

31 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The same team that's not that good that we made no effort to score against lol

At least we spent some time in their half! haha

I would be demanding Farke be sacked for this amount of effort in a must win game. Embarassing

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Exactly, they'll likely be able to keep or build on their core players without it breaking the bank to keep them. And they'll also make a pretty penny in parachute payments that can be used too. 

But relegation won't cause the need for a giant sell off, they'll be able to keep their core and continue to build sustainably. West brom made a habit of it for a while last decade and managed a decent run in the prem. 

The method Norwich use is significantly more sustainable both short and long term compared to lumping huge sums of money and being in huge financial trouble

I totally understand the point you're making. This will be the 5/6th time Norwich have been relegated from the Prem. Once you have a financially secure club ( which they are ), it's time to spend more than £1m to have a go at establishing yourself. Football is big business, as we know but it shouldn't be just business. A balance needs to be found. I know a couple of their fans & they are frustrated.

If any club is a good model, we are. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Think you'll all enjoy Maguire getting megged in the lead up to Bournemouth's goal lol 

Easy to see why ManU went for him ... he fits in at Old Trafford like he's been there forever.

2091623734_TraffordStatues.PNG.c4c246c5bce8f53da62a7ac43272a9a6.PNG

• Haha 2