Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, The Bear said:

Those first three games were against terrible opposition. We did just enough to win all three. 

We've had 12 shits on target since the restart, and 6 of those were against West Ham. 

And yeah, 1 sub tonight and we brought a DM on instead of a guy we signed in January who tore Spurs apart in the Champions League (Podence), yet has barely played. Shit from Nuno. 

Yes I was surprised at your tactics tonight. Apart from the free kick never really created a decent shot on goal. Very surprised as have been impressed with your team and style of play all season. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Those first three games were against terrible opposition. We did just enough to win all three. 

We've had 12 shits on target since the restart, and 6 of those were against West Ham. 

And yeah, 1 sub tonight and we brought a DM on instead of a guy we signed in January who tore Spurs apart in the Champions League (Podence), yet has barely played. Shit from Nuno. 

West Ham do have a record of attracting shit to be fair.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, copunk said:

We may well slip out of the top 4, but I must say should we finish top 5 thats still a massive achievement for us this season

People shouldn't do us down if we do, "because it's not top 4" 

The way I see it, man City shouldn't be there for CHEATING. 

Ban them from everything, like the athletics and strip them of their medals. 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

i don't think it really matters, with so few games left it's just about getting results and three wins on the bounce is not to be sniffed at in the PL no matter who you play. Wolves certainly had me worried a few days a go, not so much now but still wouldn't right you off. 

Edited by Gerard

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

People shouldn't do us down if we do, "because it's not it top 4" 

The way I see it, man City shouldn't be there for CHEATING. 

Ban them from everything, like the athletics and strip them of their medals. 

Sounds daft but im more anxious about this run in then when we won the title, purely for the fact that the media and most have bigged us up all season, to see us drop out would be disappointing but to crack the big 6 in Brendans first full season in charge shouldnt be sniffed at, shows how far we have come

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

By that logic Sheff u play Chelsea on the weekend so they will either take points of our rival or lose some of that momentum. 

Personally I think any result that takes you further from the teams chasing you is a good one. 

Wolves werent a serious threat though, Sheff U gaining momentum is because the way we're playing at the moment they'll definitely get a result 

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Wolves werent a serious threat though, Sheff U gaining momentum is because the way we're playing at the moment they'll definitely get a result 

Wolves win that they're 4pts behind us with 4 to play. 

How is that not a serious threat?

Remember we were 14pts ahead of 5th at one point and if Man Utd win there game in hand it's 1pt. To suggest Wolves were no threat is naive and no grasp on the reality of the situation. 

• Like 2

Just now, Vacamion said:

Once again, how is it fair on Brighton fans that there is a Scouse co-commentator ?

Sky.  :dry:

No issues with there being a fan or ex-player as a pundit, but for co-comms you want a neutral to actually make it bearable for all fans. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

Yes I was surprised at your tactics tonight. Apart from the free kick never really created a decent shot on goal. Very surprised as have been impressed with your team and style of play all season. 

Me too... 

I felt more nervous playing wolves then any other team this season. And if we are honest, we are lucky to have had two draws against them.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Wolves win that they're 4pts behind us with 4 to play. 

How is that not a serious threat?

Remember we were 14pts ahead of 5th at one point and if Man Utd win there game in hand it's 1pt. To suggest Wolves were no threat is naive and no grasp on the reality of the situation. 

They were  only a threat if we lose our next 2 games, beating Sheff U is MASSIVE in comparison to wolves being a few points off us, we lose to Sheff u that's pretty it really. If they lost today and lose to Chelsea at the weekend that means our game becomes more of a dead rubber against them, really not hard to grasp 

Edited by The Horse's Mouth
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Not sure if Jim White is being serious  or not. :/ 

wow that is madness.

makes you wonder how much club hopping he has done

trying to work out whats going on in his brain I do wonder if its related to sky who he also works for and people switching to support a big 6 club?

Edited by Chrysalis

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Not sure if Jim White is being serious  or not. :/ 

I dont agree with him, but tbf to him he does make some good points. The more clubs continue to expand into pure businesses and are being used in the case of Man City to sportswash an entire country on their human rights issue .etc. it does make you think how far does blind loyalty go are you willing to be a contributing factor in that or turn a blind eye and say i only care about the football. I dont think I personally could ever switch alleigenace though.

10 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They were  only a threat if we lose our next 2 games, beating Sheff U is MASSIVE in comparison to wolves being a few points off us, we lose to Sheff u that's pretty it really. If they lost today and lose to Chelsea at the weekend that means our game becomes more of a dead rubber against them, really not hard to grasp 

You put far too much emphasis on momentum and assume that Sheff Utd will be a different proposition dependent on their two results within a week. 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

You put far too much emphasis on momentum and assume that Sheff Utd will be a different proposition dependent on their two results within a week. 

Momentum is pretty big though and cant be overlooked, we're battling United if we got to the stage where Wolves could have leapfrogged us we had already lost the battle in my eyes whether 5th is for champo or not. 

35 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

No issues with there being a fan or ex-player as a pundit, but for co-comms you want a neutral to actually make it bearable for all fans. 

Or someone with split loyalties like Alan ****ing hook nose Smith who can't decide between his 2 loves, arsenal, or arsenal reserves! 

I concur. 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We have some serious talent at RB. Shame that we need 2 or 3 to cover that position at most. 

I don't rate Maitland-Niles and Trippier is playing in La Liga.

TAA has the England spot for years, I think. Wan-Bissaka and James (because he's Chelsea) are well ahead of Justin right now.

Tariq Lamptey does look a star though. Can see Max Aarons being picked off by a Premier League club while Norwich go down though.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I don't rate Maitland-Niles and Trippier is playing in La Liga.

TAA has the England spot for years, I think. Wan-Bissaka and James (because he's Chelsea) are well ahead of Justin right now.

Tariq Lamptey does look a star though. Can see Max Aarons being picked off by a Premier League club while Norwich go down though.

Ngakia on a free will be a very good signing for someone, can see Brentford getting him if they come up.