Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

He belongs at Burnley where his small club mentality and anti-football tactics are tolerated. 

Feeding off siege mentality at the moment given his situation with the board. Could be an interesting off season there 

14 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

****ing get in. 

As long as UEFA don't pussy out of banning Man City, we're nearly there.

It's actually out of UEFA's hand but this body will decide. I feel Man City have appealed because they have nothing to lose and hopefully unless there is new evidence then the original decision should be upheld. Surely they will go with the original decision unless there is a bias or injustice?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_of_Arbitration_for_Sport

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Just goes to show all those predicting woe cos wolves were going to win all their games and overtake us. Was never going to happen

Man utd wont do it either. They will slip up somewhere  the sooner the better to up the pressure on the remaining games (villa would be perfect).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We deserved that. Too many players not quite on their game. Looked alright first half but all downhill from there. 

We were never catching you lot any way. We weren't going to win every game. 

You never know though, you got 9pts to our 2pts in the first three games back.

Granted you needed most things to go your way but even now you're not without a chance of catching us or top five which may well be good enough for CL.

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Idk why anyones happy, wolves battering Sheff u couldve helped us for when we play them, they're now picking up momentum 

By that logic Sheff u play Chelsea on the weekend so they will either take points of our rival or lose some of that momentum. 

Personally I think any result that takes you further from the teams chasing you is a good one. 

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You gotta hand it to Dyche...

1 loss in 13 games!

:huh:

He comes across as an absolute tosspot at times but fvck me every player to a man will run through walls for him and they get the job done. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Idk why anyones happy, wolves battering Sheff u couldve helped us for when we play them, they're now picking up momentum 

That's why. Ridiculous to suggest that wasn't a great result for us especially when 5th may well prove to be good enough.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pl+table&oq=pl+table&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.2935j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=lg;/g/11fj6snmjm;2;/m/02_tc;st;fp;1;;

14 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's actually out of UEFA's hand but this body will decide. I feel Man City have appealed because they have nothing to lose and hopefully unless there is new evidence then the original decision should be upheld. Surely they will go with the original decision unless there is a bias or injustice?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_of_Arbitration_for_Sport

I personally think the possible best that Man City will get is that the 2-season ban is reduced to only 1 season.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

I think Dyche will want a new job this summer but where is he going to go? Only potential is Newcastle but they are going to be aiming bigger if a takeover happens. Maybe Crystal Palace job might not be too far away but is there much difference? 

Does he quit and wait to see what opportunities come up or stick it out with Burnley but risk getting sacked if things take a turn for the worse and his reputation is decreased. 

If only we put some pressure on this Brighton defence. 

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You never know though, you got 9pts to our 2pts in the first three games back.

Granted you needed most things to go your way but even now you're not without a chance of catching us or top five which may well be good enough for CL.

Those first three games were against terrible opposition. We did just enough to win all three. 

We've had 12 shots on target since the restart, and 6 of those were against West Ham. 

And yeah, 1 sub tonight and we brought a DM on instead of a guy we signed in January who tore Spurs apart in the Champions League (Podence), yet has barely played. Poor from Nuno. 

Edited by The Bear

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I think Dyche will want a new job this summer but where is he going to go? Only potential is Newcastle but they are going to be aiming bigger if a takeover happens. Maybe Crystal Palace job might not be too far away but is there much difference? 

Does he quit and wait to see what opportunities come up or stick it out with Burnley but risk getting sacked if things take a turn for the worse and his reputation is decreased. 

If only we put some pressure on this Brighton defence. 

I can see him going to Villa if they somehow stay up. 

Burnleys style of play is like pulling teeth slowly and painful viewing, week in week out.

You watch it and think it should not work, its ordinary lacking any style or flair, but his lads for years have run through brick walls for him, more than any team I have seen seen Pulis at Stoke in the early years, or Redknapp at Portsmouth.

But there's a issue, the age of the team is getting older by the day, cork is 30, barnes 30 plus, mee 30 odd, rodriguez over 30, how long can this continue. Will younger players  born closer to the new century with different ideals on life, want to continue to do that forever we saw at stoke city what happens when they dont, the freefall can be quite quick.

I sense he may take a punt that Burnley have reached their zenith and go out on a high now he issues with the boards obvious lack of ambition.  He has earnt the right  go to villa or somewhere with more  prospects long terms. I think Villa will sack smith if they go down, and dyche will perhaps want to live closer to home. 

• Like 4