Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Sheffield Utd are picking up form and we will still could do with winning the next 2 games at a bare minimum. I don't want us needing to have to win at Sours to stay within 3 points of Man Utd. Obviously we'll know before the Sheff Utd game whether Man City's ban is upheld but right now that game still looks a tough prospect and they'll be motivated to try and reach Europe themselves. That said if they could get a result on Saturday please and then bend over for us next week then that would be lovely.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't rate Maitland-Niles and Trippier is playing in La Liga.

TAA has the England spot for years, I think. Wan-Bissaka and James (because he's Chelsea) are well ahead of Justin right now.

Tariq Lamptey does look a star though. Can see Max Aarons being picked off by a Premier League club while Norwich go down though.

Unless TAA is moved inside to a midfield position, you're spot on. No doubt JJ is well behind in the list, but os still a talent I'm glad we've got.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

I'd have been perfectly happy to see Brighton get tonked, as long as they kept Salah off the score sheet.

Looks more like they'll draw 3 - 3 but give Salah a brace of tap-ins.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Unless TAA is moved inside to a midfield position, you're spot on. No doubt JJ is well behind in the list, but os still a talent I'm glad we've got.

Plus if he gets picked for England we will have to put up with constant speculation about which of the big 6 he's going to.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We have some serious talent at RB. Shame that we need 2 or 3 to cover that position at most. 

If I remember English fa went in with the Germans years ago to share data around coaching... seems like things are working well for us, the talent coming through is pretty consistent and incredible. Keep it coming in and you never know we could actually be a serious force 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

If I remember English fa went in with the Germans years ago to share data around coaching... seems like things are working well for us, the talent coming through is pretty consistent and incredible. Keep it coming in and you never know we could actually be a serious force 

We adopted a similar approach to the Germans with our youth systems and we are certainly developing talent. Some brilliant youth players coming through our system lately 

17 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Momentum is pretty big though and cant be overlooked, we're battling United if we got to the stage where Wolves could have leapfrogged us we had already lost the battle in my eyes whether 5th is for champo or not. 

The only thing that matters is CL football and it doesn't matter if we pip Man City to second or get through in 5th by the skin of our teeth. 

I've been a highly successful professional sports gambler for the last 16 years and let me tell you that momentum is vastly overrated. 

Top five is probably more likely than not to be enough for CL IMO so we might not just be predominately competing with Man Utd and Chelsea for a top four spot but looking at who can finish above us apart from those two.

Wolves were and still are a much bigger threat to 5th place than Sheff Utd. It was the optimal result for us regardless what you think. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Never thought I'd be watching games of our rivals as much as I am right now. this is exhausting and come thursday I'll be the biggest non-villa villa fan in California lol. Please please please do them over for old times sake and that were midlands clubs.  :chant:

A lot of comments about us and Utd. 

They'll get 3rd,im sure of it, with the way they're playing atm. 

I think Chelsea are the ones we could get above. 

They'll beat Norwich, no doubt, but Sheffield Utd, Liverpool and Wolves, they are likely to drop points. 

4th is very doable for us👍💙

19 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

A lot of comments about us and Utd. 

They'll get 3rd,im sure of it, with the way they're playing atm. 

I think Chelsea are the ones we could get above. 

They'll beat Norwich, no doubt, but Sheffield Utd, Liverpool and Wolves, they are likely to drop points. 

4th is very doable for us👍💙

I think united could trip up against Southampton, just one of those games where they won’t be pushed over as easily as some of the other teams they’ve played. 

5 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

For tonights games my prediction is.. 

Man City 3 0 NUFC

SU 1 1 Wolves

West Ham 2 1 Burnley

Brighton 0 2 Liverpool. 

Anyone else care to have a guess?

You're about as bad as me on my Sky Super 6! lol

MC 3 NU 1

SU 0 WW 1

WH 1 B 0

B 0 L 2

Plus.....

Bristol C 0 Hull 1

Sheff W 1 Preston 1

A dismal total of 4 points. Good job it's free to enter!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How much did Brighton pay for Lamptey?

Don’t know, but worth a swoop I think... looks quality. Not that I’m saying he would come and all, but you can try at least 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Wolves really choking. Couldn't believe that sub from Nuno earlier putting Dendoncker on for Traore with about 10 left. Absolute cowardice got exactly what it deserved.

They've flapped it. I think we'll come above them now. To be honest they're almost irrelevant to me at this point - if they become relevant again it means we've likely blown it anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

You're about as bad as me on my Sky Super 6! lol

MC 3 NU 1

SU 0 WW 1

WH 1 B 0

B 0 L 2

Plus.....

Bristol C 0 Hull 1

Sheff W 1 Preston 1

A dismal total of 4 points. Good job it's free to enter!

I randomly got 16 this week, got the two championship games spot on and the outcome Man C, Sheff U and Liverpool correct, went for a draw in the West Ham game.

Makes a change from the usual 4-6pts I acquire!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

We have some serious talent at RB. Shame that we need 2 or 3 to cover that position at most. 

lol another way of looking at this is that JJ, James, Aarons and Lamptey might as well all go find a Welsh granny. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So Arsenal have appealed the Nketiah red card. On what grounds I'm not sure but I'll be stunned if it's overturned 

Apparently they can appeal it because he was initially given a yellow card. 

I'd be surprised if they are successful though and he might get an extra match added to the ban.