Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The **** does being high up in the league early doors matter?

Because if the league is rigged why would the FA have allowed us to have received such a big gap early doors? Plus theres various decisions like the boly handball and the son offside that come to mind that they could have easily let stand and not intervene and their wouldn't have been much of a backlash. 

• Like 1

Just now, CloudFox said:

Oh my god the negativity in here is crushing.

All we can do is try to win our remaining games. See you all on Sunday.

This is how we vent our anger/frustration. My cat doesn't dare come into the house, and I have no cushions with any padding left. Foxestalk offload is calming me down man. Seriously though there are some decent lads on here - they're just taking their wellbeing out on the forum. It's better for you. 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

If we miss out on the Champions League it is our own fault, we had a big enough lead to be comfortable ourselves.

But that decision tonight was huge- Villa were on top but their confidence is fragile and that wrecked it. Man United will go on to win, and probably would've anyway, hopefully they'll pull Moss to one side after this season and tell him to pack it in. He's not good enough as a referee at this level. And VAR taking roughly two looks at it is ridiculous.

No.

Man City's keeper recklessly impeded our strikers twice.  The penalty decisions v Liverpool were slewed. We have lost opportunities and points to bad decisions.   The most recent was the Arsenal defender blockin Ieanacho leading tous having a goal disallowed. 

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I honestly think there is a natural bias, almost subconscious. However it can work in your favour as well. It did in 2016. It was at the start of the season. 

Unconscious bias I will take. 

You can see it in the reduction if not elimination of dodge home decisions now there are no fans.

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Blimey OGS is so biased in interview there is no point in asking him about penalties!

Clear penalty?!

He’s as bad as the Liverpool cult. We are seeing Man U go down the same path of ‘legend’ and ‘our way’ 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Seem to be a few threating that 5th place wont be good enough as Man Citys ban will be rescinded.

Surely UEFA wont cave, it would set a precedent that breaching FFP goes almost unpunished.

It’s not uefa

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We did have a shot on target at Carrow Road.

The keeper didn't save it either.

it was correctly disallowed under the current crap law

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Didn't we have zero refs at the last international tournament?

FIFA had clear guidelines on how they wanted VAR to be used, and Riley just chucked that in the bin and did what he wanted. That's one of the reasons FIFA have stepped in. Likely other countries as well not using it as they wanted. 

As I understand it, the clubs don’t want the refs going to the screen

And the PL now say it was a mistake not to over rule that decision tonight .....Graham’s Scott ....... seriously ??.

Can we just get one thing straight? We all support Leicester. We may have different opinions on the league being fixed, but people are entitled to that opinion. There's always people who think 9 11 didn't happen, the moon landings didn't happen, aliens landed at roswell, etc etc. 

My opinion for what it's worth: Every team can claim they've had poor decisions against them, maybe some more than others, but over 38 games you finish where you deserve to. Countless games we have lost or drawn had nothing to do with VAR. Several games were won rightly or wrongly with the help of VAR. Wolves home could have been 0-1 Spurs home could have been 0-2 Burnley home Chris Wood goal chalked off harshly, Everton home goal given at end, we have had some good luck with VAR as well as bad. Man Utd won a dodgy penalty, but not because VAR want man utd to win. Dodgy decisions happen nearly every game, Spurs were done out of a penalty today, does that mean the league want Bournemouth to stay up? Its nonsense. If we lose a top 4 place it's because we lost to Norwich, Everton, Southampton drew with Watford, Brighton etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Blimey OGS is so biased there there is no point in asking him about penalties!

True. But tbf to him he was getting clowned by everyone, even his own fans, earlier in the season. He has now managed to get a tune out of that team. I still don't rate him but fair is fair, he is doing good.

His interervies are cringe though.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

Just now, majaco said:

No.

Man City's keeper recklessly impeded our strikers twice.  The penalty decisions v Liverpool were slewed. We have lost opportunities and points to bad decisions.   The most recent was the Arsenal defender blockin Ieanacho leading tous having a goal disallowed. 

Agree with all of these though we were lucky not to lose to Wolves twice this season. 

24 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I honestly think there is a natural bias, almost subconscious. However it can work in your favour as well. It did in 2016. It was at the start of the season. 

I think this is basically it. I can absolutely believe that the bigger teams with more famous players and more fans in their stadiums get more than their fair share of decisions, and in fact I'd be surprised if there weren't statistical evidence for that being the case. However, I find it infinitely more likely that it's down to subconscious biases and pressure rather than some nefarious conspiracy drawn up by the suits to keep Leicester and Sheff Utd out of the Champions League. Man Utd have got plenty of overturns in their favour but so have Brighton (9 overturns in their favour, 2 against), for example - is this because the league is rigged to ensure Brighton stay up and Villa (1 overturn for, 4 against) go down, or because the refs are simply inconsistent and pretty shit?

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

I think this is basically it. I can absolutely believe that the bigger teams with more famous players and more fans in their stadiums get more than their fair share of decisions, and in fact I'd be surprised if there weren't statistical evidence for that being the case. However, I find it infinitely more likely that it's down to subconscious biases and pressure than some nefarious conspiracy drawn up by the suits to keep Leicester and Sheff Utd out of the Champions League. Man Utd have got plenty of overturns in their favour but so have Brighton (9 overturns in their favour, 2 against), for example - is this because the league is rigged to ensure Brighton stay up and Villa (1 overturn for, 4 against) go down, or because the refs are simply inconsistent and pretty shit?

Mega analysis here mate. Where do you get all your trainspotter stats from? 

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Agree with all of these though we were lucky not to lose to Wolves twice this season. 

Yeah Wolves home and away should have lost if not for VAR. Burnley and Spurs at home were won due to VAR too, think people only remember when it goes against us. Liverpool away was costly and harsh, Villa in the cup was handball, but in the main we've not been done over too much to be fair. 

• Like 1

Just now, oxtonfox said:

I think it's called having an informed opinion instead of just saying the league is against us and sponsors man United. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Super_horns said:

It does say something that the PL and PGMOL have to keep saying refs get it wrong.

Shows  they aren't very good ?

But who can potentially bring them to justice for their errors.

If seems as if the referees and the VAR team are protected too much. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

It’s not that it’s all against Leicester, just a lot of small implausible decisions that build up to changing the picture completely. When bigger teams win these decisions get pushed under rug and it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

I’m not denying we’ve fallen apart this second half but certain decisions leave a lot to be desired when it should be, with the technology we now use, just basic competence.

Completely, but it is competence that’s the thing.

To seriously, without any hint of banter, suggest there is a legitimate, organised, match fixing element to any of this is nuts.

• Like 1

Just now, oxtonfox said:

Do you think we have any chance of signing Danny Ings? I assume we would have a better chance if we make top 4. 

Aren't Saints his hometown club? And after all his injuries, he's now settled and the main man there, I sincerely doubt he'd move at all. 

7 minutes ago, Guest said:

I think this is basically it. I can absolutely believe that the bigger teams with more famous players and more fans in their stadiums get more than their fair share of decisions, and in fact I'd be surprised if there weren't statistical evidence for that being the case. However, I find it infinitely more likely that it's down to subconscious biases and pressure than some nefarious conspiracy drawn up by the suits to keep Leicester and Sheff Utd out of the Champions League. Man Utd have got plenty of overturns in their favour but so have Brighton (9 overturns in their favour, 2 against), for example - is this because the league is rigged to ensure Brighton stay up and Villa (1 overturn for, 4 against) go down, or because the refs are simply inconsistent and pretty shit?

There was a study done in Italy post Calciopoli. It centred around Juventus and accusations of bias. 

It confirmed two things. 

1) Juve did get more beneficial decisions. There’s almost natural determination that if a world class player is facing a lesser player and the better players falls to the ground. The referee is more likely to believe its foul. Because how can A.Donkey successfully nab the ball of a racing Cristiano Ronaldo? So our brain assumes at times 

(What doesn’t help in this regard is the PGMOL do literally have a debrief every Monday and discuss trends with certain players)

2) The law of average say if you attack the 18 yard box with more regularity, the more opportunity for a foul and more opportunity for a iffy decision. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

What's the betting we get Jon Moss for the United game and a Champions League Place is still up for grabs? I can see him red carding Vardy and giving a soft penalty to the team who have had 16 pens this season so far.  More nightmare horrors. 

Truth is we should have buried third place by now instead of dicking about since January. As it is we could be playing UEFA cup against Fermanagh United in a cow field a week after the United game. 

This is exactly what I expect to happen. 

3 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

All from an ESPN article by Dale Johnson: https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3929823/how-var-decisions-have-affected-every-premier-league-club

If you can't be arsed reading it - Man Utd and Brighton have done best out of VAR with a net result of 7 decisions in favour, followed by Palace with 5 and Burnley and Newcastle with 3 each. Wolves, West Ham, Sheff Utd and Norwich are worst off with -5 each.

• Thanks 1