Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

7 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Yeah Wolves home and away should have lost if not for VAR. Burnley and Spurs at home were won due to VAR too, think people only remember when it goes against us. Liverpool away was costly and harsh, Villa in the cup was handball, but in the main we've not been done over too much to be fair. 

The issue in recent games like Man City and Brighton was that VAR didn't look at three penalties we should've had, whilst one was given against us.

No doubt VAR disallowed goals that would normally have stood earlier this season but over the past 8/9 games VAR hasn't intervened enough in our case.

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

All from an ESPN article by Dale Johnson: https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3929823/how-var-decisions-have-affected-every-premier-league-club

If you can't be arsed reading it - Man Utd and Brighton have done best out of VAR with a net result of 7 decisions in favour, followed by Palace with 5 and Burnley and Newcastle with 3 each. Wolves, West Ham, Sheff Utd and Norwich are worst off with -5 each.

Interesting - so this would indicate there isn't really a correlation in favour of the "big teams" - apart from our friends Man U of course :-)

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There was a study done in Italy post Calciopoli. It centred around Juventus and accusations of bias. 

It confirmed two things. 

1) Juve did get more beneficial decisions. There’s almost natural determination that if a world class player is facing a lesser player and the better players falls to the ground. The referee is more likely to believe its foul. Because how can A.Donkey successfully nab the ball of a racing Cristiano Ronaldo? So our brain assumes at times 

(What doesn’t help in this regard is the PGMOL do literally have a debrief every Monday and discuss trends with certain players)

2) The law of average say if you attack the 18 yard box with more regularity, the more opportunity for a foul and more opportunity for a iffy decision. 

You can not compare Calciopoli to Manchester United this season though. 

Juventus used it as a way of cermenting dominance United were dreadful and not getting that much off the officials for half a season.

Pre shutdown with our fixture list and points advantage it’d be a waste of money and risk not worth taking if they were found out.

If it was truly fixed we would not be in the situation we are in, it’s that simple, we’ve had plenty go our way, if someone didn’t want us where we are we would not be there to begin with.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It’s not enough to swing a season if we don’t win four games all year and it is coincidental. If someone actually wants to compile a proper compilation of a season long display of favouritism towards Manchester United i make take this seriously, I uploaded three games they were bemoaning not getting decisions themselves earlier funnily enough no response other than “why u uploadin dem vids m8” they’ve not had it all their own way as non of us have.

To claim outright corruption is quite mental. If there’s an agenda against us answer me this, why was the officiating spot on on Tuesday against another team who are a bigger money spinner than us and should they have taken all three points could also have conceivably caught us?

Solskjaer's not got a jot of credability. He's bound to moan occasionally. I can't give him a shred of credability when he's come out tonight saying that WAS a penalty. That should tell us everything we need to know about him.

At the end of the day it's quite plain to see that in recent weeks we are seeing handball decision after handball decision go against us, blatant inconsistencies, while Manchester United are awarded a penalty given next to zero scrutiny (how long did that VAR 'check' go on for?) for Bruno Fernandes jumping into Konsa and actually fouling him. That's what is happening. I simply can't get on board being told that that isn't the case. We're seeing it right in front of our eyes.

When there is a blatant financial agenda it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what's going on.

Spot on officiating? Not having that. Disallowed goal of ours totally ignored by VAR and a red card that they simply couldn't have possibly gotten away with not giving - granted I'll admit I'm probably wrong there as tonights VAR official no doubt is back on a job by the weekend despite the bullshit served up earlier.

I don't know how many times as well I have to say how shit we've been. We deserve to be pillaried for dropping points against Norwich, Burnley, Southampton etc... we have ultimately allowed for this to happen with our own ineptness.

But I don't know what has to happen for anyone who doesn't think it's corrupt, to think it is, at this point.

I sincerely hope there are some big exposures on this season. It's been the biggest farce of a Premier League I can remember. A total embarrassment.

12 minutes ago, Guest said:

I think this is basically it. I can absolutely believe that the bigger teams with more famous players and more fans in their stadiums get more than their fair share of decisions, and in fact I'd be surprised if there weren't statistical evidence for that being the case. However, I find it infinitely more likely that it's down to subconscious biases and pressure than some nefarious conspiracy drawn up by the suits to keep Leicester and Sheff Utd out of the Champions League. Man Utd have got plenty of overturns in their favour but so have Brighton (9 overturns in their favour, 2 against), for example - is this because the league is rigged to ensure Brighton stay up and Villa (1 overturn for, 4 against) go down, or because the refs are simply inconsistent and pretty shit?

Jeez don't come on here with your well reasoned, fact based arguments. Don't you know, everyone's out to get us man... 

• Haha 1

Think it's naive to completely dismiss the idea that's there's no corruption of any sort or at the top level over here. The 2 main bodies of the sport in FIFA and UEFA have been proven corrupt beyond doubt in the last decade ffs. 

I don't think anyone is claiming there's a worldwide conspiracy where everyone is out to get Leicester, but there's clearly a bias there. Just look at the decisions that the likes of Madrid and Barca have got in Champions League in recent years as well. There's absolutely something there. Has to be.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Solskjaer's not got a jot of credability. He's bound to moan occasionally. I can't give him a shred of credability when he's come out tonight saying that WAS a penalty. That should tell us everything we need to know about him.

At the end of the day it's quite plain to see that in recent weeks we are seeing handball decision after handball decision go against us, blatant inconsistencies, while Manchester United are awarded a penalty given next to zero scrutiny (how long did that VAR 'check' go on for?) for Bruno Fernandes jumping into Konsa and actually fouling him. That's what is happening. I simply can't get on board being told that that isn't the case. We're seeing it right in front of our eyes.

When there is a blatant financial agenda it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what's going on.

Spot on officiating? Not having that. Disallowed goal of ours totally ignored by VAR and a red card that they simply couldn't have possibly gotten away with not giving - granted I'll admit I'm probably wrong there as tonights VAR official no doubt is back on a job by the weekend despite the bullshit served up earlier.

I don't know how many times as well I have to say how shit we've been. We deserve to be pillaried for dropping points against Norwich, Burnley, Southampton etc... we have ultimately allowed for this to happen with our own ineptness.

But I don't know what has to happen for anyone who doesn't think it's corrupt, to think it is, at this point.

I sincerely hope there are some big exposures on this season. It's been the biggest farce of a Premier League I can remember. A total embarrassment.

Stopped reading at you claiming Nachos goal was not a blatant pull back, take the specs off mate.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s as bad as the Liverpool cult. We are seeing Man U go down the same path of ‘legend’ and ‘our way’ 

Truly evoking that treble winning 'balmy night in Barcelona' spirit of 99 Manchester United DNA if you ask me.

Can't wait for Leeds to turn them over next season once their rightful place back in the Barclays is confirmed 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I think the Everton loss is looking very costly - having seen highlights tonight I think we may regret that. Hoping Mr Hassenheutel will do us a favour when they play United. 

Not holding out at Watford for 4 minutes was much worse.

• Like 1

Blimey the Bournemouth disallowed goal; probably the right decision but heck it's bad luck when you are down there. Hope their luck don't change in the next game.  

Mourinho complaining... change the record mate. 

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think this says more about the state of VAR than it does about us having short comings as a team.

It’s safe to say since January, even tho we haven’t been consistent throughout, United have not been good enough to gain that much ground on us and we haven’t been that poor either. It’s a joke. 

So to be clear, the fact we’ve added 14 points, in 13 games, and have been closed down, but still somehow remain in the top four, is due to a VAR conspiracy.

Wobble your heads lads, wobble your heads.

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You can not compare Calciopoli to Manchester United this season though. 

Juventus used it as a way of cermenting

I said post Calciopoli - so their return to Serie A after the Serie B season. I think Collina might have appointed as a lead of a task force on refereeing at the time. 

Ironically, One of the most interesting seasons in Italian football was 1984/85. Hellas Verona won it. The change which occurred that season? The appointment of referees was done by ballot. The 1983/84 was dogged with corruption. 😂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Guest said:

I think this is basically it. I can absolutely believe that the bigger teams with more famous players and more fans in their stadiums get more than their fair share of decisions, and in fact I'd be surprised if there weren't statistical evidence for that being the case. However, I find it infinitely more likely that it's down to subconscious biases and pressure rather than some nefarious conspiracy drawn up by the suits to keep Leicester and Sheff Utd out of the Champions League. Man Utd have got plenty of overturns in their favour but so have Brighton (9 overturns in their favour, 2 against), for example - is this because the league is rigged to ensure Brighton stay up and Villa (1 overturn for, 4 against) go down, or because the refs are simply inconsistent and pretty shit?

Would your stats include tonight's decision.  In my opinion, the penalty should have been ruled out and Fernandes sent off for reckless play.  It does not register that VAR, horrifyingly, agreed with clueless referee , Jon Moss.

So according to oddschecker we are slightly odds against getting a top 4 place (11-10) with United and Chelsea both heavily odds on (1-4 and 2-7). Is that about right? What were the prices before restart?  

Just now, oxtonfox said:

So according to oddschecker we are slightly odds against getting a top 4 place (11-10) with United and Chelsea both heavily odds on (1-4 and 2-7). Is that about right? What were the prices before restart?  

Manchester United were 10/1 to finish 3rd on the weekend we had Chelsea in the cup. A huge chance blown in hindsight.

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Would your stats include tonight's decision.  In my opinion, the penalty should have been ruled out and Fernandes sent off for reckless play.  It does not register that VAR, horrifyingly, agreed with clueless referee , Jon Moss.

Nope - the obvious flaw with those stats is that they don't tell you about all the times VAR didn't intervene, so it's definitely not the be all and end all.

• Like 1

Just now, oxtonfox said:

We will finish 5th bar a massive rally which I’m still crossing my fingers for.

Which will be enough for a CL spot anyway barring a miscarriage of justice which is the stupidest thing about these corruption conspiracy’s.

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think this says more about the state of VAR than it does about us having short comings as a team.

It’s safe to say since January, even tho we haven’t been consistent throughout, United have not been good enough to gain that much ground on us and we haven’t been that poor either. It’s a joke. 

They have had a good run in terms of fixtures too.

Us

Spurs - poor team atm.

Sheffield U - when they started slowly after the break.

Brighton

Villa

Bournemouth 

Sure they beat Chelsea and Man City but had some good fortune if I remember.

Edited by Super_horns

21 minutes ago, Guest said:

All from an ESPN article by Dale Johnson: https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3929823/how-var-decisions-have-affected-every-premier-league-club

If you can't be arsed reading it - Man Utd and Brighton have done best out of VAR with a net result of 7 decisions in favour, followed by Palace with 5 and Burnley and Newcastle with 3 each. Wolves, West Ham, Sheff Utd and Norwich are worst off with -5 each.

Well that's absolute bollocks, we should have had about 7 penalties which don't get counted into these stats.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2020 at 00:38, Fktf said:

I never get why people come to this conclusion. The problems you identify are fixable without binning off the whole thing..

I suppose I should clarify that I’d rather not have even an “improved” VAR.

Ultimately professional football is a spectacle (both at the game and on TV) that will be slowed down by any attempt to use technology to check decisions.

And given the choice of marginally more correct refereeing or a quicker game with worse decisions I’d still rather have the latter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

This is it, it’d be more inept than the actual terrible officiating . 4 wins this calendar year and people are trying to create some sort of conspiracy theory as to why we won’t get top four. Embarrassing.

I've found your posts more embarrassing tbh

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Well that's absolute bollocks, we should have had about 7 penalties which don't get counted into these stats.

And I'm sure fans of every other team in that table would make a similar case.