Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

21 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think this says more about the state of VAR than it does about us having short comings as a team.

It’s safe to say since January, even tho we haven’t been consistent throughout, United have not been good enough to gain that much ground on us and we haven’t been that poor either. It’s a joke. 

I don't think you really believe that. United look like a different team at the moment and Fernandes has been the catalyst for all that. They are a devastating team on the counter. 

We have been poor in thos calender year so the swing in points is justified. You can believe that VAR has played some part, but for me there is no doubt if we are to blow this then we have to only look at ourselves. Some performances have been poor in the second half of the season and I would go as far as saying I don't think there was one game pre Christmas where I felt we looked clearly second best. I can probably point to 6/7 in the second half of the season where its felt like we have been clearly outclassed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Imagine my shock that united get a dodgy peno. 15 pens this season the most in the league by a distance! 

13 the same number as we had in 15/16

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've been called out for being too negative slating how bad we've been all year and yet now apparently I wasn't being harsh enough according to the corruption apologists.

corruption apologists?  Really?

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

You could look at why Nachos disallowed goal wasn't allowed or even discussed, a blatant error

Images on here showed he had two hands on him.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

That’s the most blatant pull back you will ever see.

That decision was given by an assistant not the ref. So just how many officials must be in on this?

Like most conspiracy theories it falls down over the numbers involved who all keep quiet. Imagine how much the press would pay for a story about PL corruption.

• Like 1

Problem with tonight's decision is the failure of VAR to not inform Moss to check the pitch side screens before making his final call, either standing by it or reversing it.

As a result, not doing anything does indeed give the impression that a certain amount of corruption is at play.

Anyone with any sense, even Moss, standing at a screen reviewing it would clearly have no choice but to reverse the decision.

Which calls into question, why was ours singled out for a pitch side review?  What constitutes using a pitch side review?

It's a load of inconsistent BS.

When people keep banging on about games we've won "because of var", they keep including the Spurs home game. "Spurs would have been 2-0 up without VAR". We'd have been 1-0 before Kane scored, we scored an offside goal, the linos missed it, and VAR chalked it off. Now, it was a good yard off instead of inches, but relying on human linos you get howlers like that. It got glossed over after the game, beause of the standard media "SPURS WERE UNLUCKY" narrative. Most of the VAR decisions that favoured us were offsides and attacking handballs - these are decisions that aren't subjective. They stick the lines on the replay, and it is or isn't offside. They can't bias those in favour of one team.

Subjective decisions, especially defensive handballs, have been going against us in large numbers. You only need to look at some of the images of ones we haven't got (Man City, Villa, Burnley, Brighton) that appeared during the Everton game. The only game's we've really benefitted from subjective VAR calls were the Burnley home game, I suppose Southampton away (although we were a goal up, and already looking way better than them that night) and Arsenal away (although that was a pretty clear cut red card, unless you're an internet Gooner/salty Arteta).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

No that’s bollocks he pulled Saka to the floor as he used his body to get in the way of his run (which he is more than entitled to do by the way, in fact it’s his job) 

If you think it’s legal to block the run of an attacker off the ball, then I’ll leave it there I think 🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t think it’s all down to VAR by any means - I do think they have gained quite a few points in comparison to ones they’ve lost from dubious decisions regarding VAR, however. That margin is a lot bigger when you compare it to ours when it comes to VAR. 

As @Super_horns says as well, they’ve had a more favourable run of fixtures as of late, so maybe have to put that into perspective of too as to why we had our runs of good and bad forms at a separate time fo Man United. 

I hope that puts my opinion across better than my original post, as it probably does give the opinion it’s all down to a VAR conspiracy, which of course it’s not. 

I can’t really think of a game we’ve lost because of an incorrect var decision and can only really remember one handball I thought we probably should of got that we didn’t. I think most given against us were fair enough

United have been spuffy, but that’s all it is, not some grand conspiracy.

Its like I said, we aren’t doing much better than a point a game, we’ve got ourselves to blame.

They are nailed on third now I think, ever since Ole took over it’s been purple patch or dreadful and they’ve hit form at the right time.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

13 the same number as we had in 15/16

corruption apologists?  Really?

Images on here showed he had two hands on him.

That decision was given by an assistant not the ref. So just how many officials must be in on this?

Like most conspiracy theories it falls down over the numbers involved who all keep quiet. Imagine how much the press would pay for a story about PL corruption.

Sian Massey, who had a great game not only with that decision but ruling out Lacezettes goal. She’s been very good most times I’ve seen her tbf.

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

What's the betting we get Jon Moss for the United game and a Champions League Place is still up for grabs? I can see him red carding Vardy and giving a soft penalty to the team who have had 16 pens this season so far.  More nightmare horrors. 

Truth is we should have buried third place by now instead of dicking about since January. As it is we could be playing UEFA cup against Fermanagh United in a cow field a week after the United game. 

Very likely scenario 🙄 

The only upside is I could probably get to a Thursday match in Fermanagh. 

• Haha 1

As much as we can point to all the penalties United have gotten, ultimately they had no right to be within touching distance of us with 4 games left from where we were at the start of the year. 

We've been in an inexplicable tailspin of form since the league game at Villa Park and whichever way you look at it we'll only have ourselves to blame if we mess it up from the position we were in.

I gave up on top 4 after the Brighton game and am holding out for finishing 5th and Man City's disqualification being upheld. Wolves losing 2 on the bounce has been quite helpful in this regard after winning their first few matches since the restart.

32 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Any VAR 'tables' and 'stats' are rubbish. They don't tell the full picture.

I've read your detailed account tonight on what feels like a dozen of your posts, explaining just what the full picture is. It amount to 'IT'S A FIX'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

As much as we can point to all the penalties United have gotten, ultimately they had no right to be within touching distance of us with 4 games left from where we were at the start of the year. 

We've been in an inexplicable tailspin of form since the league game at Villa Park and whichever way you look at it we'll only have ourselves to blame if we mess it up from the position we were in.

I gave up on top 4 after the Brighton game and am holding out for finishing 5th and Man City's disqualification being upheld. Wolves losing 2 on the bounce has been quite helpful in this regard after winning their first few matches since the restart.

I’ve still got a bit of hope. 

Bournemouth are terrible Spurs look horrendous at the moment even when they win and Sheffield United are a bit like us at the minute, highly inconsistent. 7 points from those three I think we might be alright, big ask but not impossible, Chelsea have some hard games.

• Like 1

Views on the impact of VAR are becoming quite polarized on here. Not surprising as it is an emotive issue that is unfortunately invading almost every game at present. With the stakes being so high, for us as Leicester fans it is infuriating to see Man U, in particular, getting so many apparently 'dodgy' VAR calls go their way. Although I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories there is absolutely no doubt that they, and the other 'big' clubs, more often than not, get more than the rub of the green when it comes to the big calls. Man U certainly deserve credit for the quality of their play which has improved dramatically and our poor form has contributed significantly to our own downfall but, in the final analysis, and final points totals will probably bear this out, when the margins are so tight the likes of Man U will certainly have benefitted sufficiently from getting the benefit of the doubt to put them over the top. While having an elite group of clubs dominate the top placings in the league is good for business, it will be forever thus. I just love the fact that our club, more than any other, puts fear into those that are desperate to maintain the status quo! 

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I’ve still got a bit of hope. 

Bournemouth are terrible Spurs look horrendous at the moment even when they win and Sheffield United are a bit like us at the minute, highly inconsistent. 7 points from those three I think we might be alright, big ask but not impossible, Chelsea have some hard games.

I agree 7 points gives us a chance, but it still means Chelsea have to probably lose to Liverpool and draw to Shef U to even give us a chance.

even then 2 points clear means we’d need to draw Utd(can’t see it) or pray wolves get something at the Bridge(unlikely as it’ll be a dead rubber vs a team who knows they need to win).

Realistically we need to win the next 3 getting to 68 points and hope Chelsea get to 65 or less(dropping points at Shef U and Liverpool) to get in the CL.

Otherwise  In reality the only way we are going to get in is through Man City being banned! It would be nice, just for once, to get a bit of luck and get in the CL despite blowing it on the field. Could change our clubs history for the next 5-10 years!

I could forgive mistakes but there's absolutely no excuse for shit like that earlier. What the hell was VAR brought in for? These admittances of "we got this one wrong" are weak. There's no excuse for it. It is either an extraordinary level of ineptness, or it is corruption. As I've said many a time, those within the game have admitted that the most lucrative clubs playing in the most lucrative competitions are beneficial. That to me is enough evidence that they are prepared to swing things to suit that outcome, especially given.we are seeing decisions so staggeringly inept such as that one earlier. The fact they had it over in seconds tells its own story.

I'm done with this anyway as it's just going in circles. Wasting my time. I think there's corruption, others don't. The end. Finito.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I could forgive mistakes but there's absolutely no excuse for shit like that earlier. What the hell was VAR brought in for? These admittances of "we got this one wrong" are weak. There's no excuse for it. It is either an extraordinary level of ineptness, or it is corruption. As I've said many a time, those within the game have admitted that the most lucrative clubs playing in the most lucrative competitions are beneficial. That to me is enough evidence that they are prepared to swing things to suit that outcome, especially given.we are seeing decisions so staggeringly inept such as that one earlier. The fact they had it over in seconds tells its own story.

I'm done with this anyway as it's just going in circles. Wasting my time. I think there's corruption, others don't. The end. Finito.

I agree. It’s not worth moaning because it’s hard to really claim corruption but there is certainly truth behind it.

I think the kind of vibe is:

- If it’s an obvious clear decision they have to be fair to whoever it is.

- but if it’s up for debate(although tbh with you that pen today at Villa isn’t even a debate) however if they can argue it and it’s not a clear sign of cheating then they will do their best to give it to the big clubs.

thats how I see it. So they can’t say give a clear joke of a decision but like say the marginal decisions , they do give it to the bigger clubs ‘if possible’.

For me if it’s 0-0 90th minute vs Utd last day.

If we win we’re CL over big Man Utd, Vardy scores the same goal he scored vs Arsenal. I would be very certain they would look at the first angle, never show the behind angle and give It offside and there would cause debate but not so much where it looks like there cheating.

’leicester will count themselves unlucky, Vardy may just be a smidge offside but it’s very harsh’

east way to deflect a close decision.

This is why it’s corrupt imo, there’s a huge difference between clear cheating and ‘favouring’ the decisions they ultimately want, however there both cheating imo.

The game in general is more corrupt and not as good as the early days of the Prem. Money talks and makes corruption happen and this is also why I think the Man City ban will be dropped, more cheating to keep the intentions of all the powers.
I really hope they prove me wrong and ban city, for the good of the game and integrity but I won’t hold my breath! 

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

You shouldn’t be done, serious money to be made in laughable football fans opinions these days. Buy yourself an expensive camera, Chuck a few “me ducks” and “iaintpurrinupwippit” to replace the “fams” and the “bluds” and at least being the Premier Leagues answer to Fox Mulder can make you a few Bob.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He’s basically admitting he was trying to help Spurs as much as possible! If they deserve 8 men then give them 8 men!

It’s actually pathetic that’s even allowed to be said, do you think he would of done that if Spurs were threatening a big clubs Premier league trophy?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

He’s basically admitting he was trying to help Spurs as much as possible! If they deserve 8 men then give them 8 men!

It’s actually pathetic that’s even allowed to be said, do you think he would of done that if Spurs were threatening a big clubs Premier league trophy?

He’s an attention seeking c**t.

There was never three reds in that game.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He’s an attention seeking c**t.

There was never three reds in that game.

There was at least two.  I can’t remember all the incidents but didn’t Costa headbutt someone? Lamela stamped on Cesc and was already on a yellow. Diers second foul in about 2 minutes after already being on a yellow. 

Plus there was the brawl (I use that term loosely) which Poch got involved in with Danny Rose and then there was a brawl at the end of the game. 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

The issue in recent games like Man City and Brighton was that VAR didn't look at three penalties we should've had, whilst one was given against us.

No doubt VAR disallowed goals that would normally have stood earlier this season but over the past 8/9 games VAR hasn't intervened enough in our case.

But literally every team can point at these gripes. VAR hasn't changed the fact that teams will always feel decisions didn't go their way that could have done. The point is earlier in the season and at wolves away we won points and gained a lot of momentum especially after the Burnley and Spurs wins specifically because of decisions luckily going out way. Now recently 1 or 2 have gone against us. But even look at our last game. VAR could easily have looked at Vardys kick and said red card, or not sent Nketiah off which meant we might have lost. The suggestion we are being done out of a top 4 space by a corrupt league who favours man utd is absurd and terribly paranoid. 

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There was at least two.  I can’t remember all the incidents but didn’t Costa headbutt someone? Lamela stamped on Cesc and was already on a yellow. Diers second foul in about 2 minutes after already being on a yellow. 

Plus there was the brawl (I use that term loosely) which Poch got involved in with Danny Rose and then there was a brawl at the end of the game. 

Well I remember Costa brushing heads with someone but not sure how him remaining on the pitch benefitted Spurs 😂.

Lamela tip toeing on  Fàbregas’ hand is the only one really, and Clattenburg didn’t even see it and neither did his assistants, so he is full of shit. It was bad tempered but he’s just trying to feed his own ego by suggesting he could of sent three Spurs players off but didn’t because he’s too clever to be blamed for them losing the title. 

I’d probably be more accepting of it if he had said he saw it getting out of control and reframed turning the game into a red card fest but to say he went into the game with some kind of premonition of that happening, nah, the guys trying to make out he’s some sort of referring genius. It’s trying to take more credit than he is due in a historic game bullshit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53357841

At least the premier league are admitting they got decisions wrong.

however I’d love to know what they will do about it, If anything.

Also when bad decisions are made, then questioned more in the media via the managers comments, it rightly gets some response by the premier league.

But when managers don’t kick up as much of a fuss, despite bad decisions it doesn’t. Like our De bruyne handball v Man City, which wasn’t given. It pisses me off it’s not automatically raised and highlighted by the PL post match as a mistake. It just gets smoother over and forgotten about.

6 hours ago, splinterdream said:

If you think it’s legal to block the run of an attacker off the ball, then I’ll leave it there I think 🙄

Blocking happens all the time .... putting your arms around the blocking player and pulling them out of the way is rarely going to end well - and it wasn’t a var call as the ref had given the foul in response to the flag ...... of course if kavanagh hadn’t whistled and left it to VAR to review then it becomes a more subjective and tricky call. But the fact that Massey indicated the foul made it almost impossible for kavanagh not to intervene ahead of a potential goal and the hullabaloo which would have followed 

6 hours ago, SixtiesFox said:

Views on the impact of VAR are becoming quite polarized on here. Not surprising as it is an emotive issue that is unfortunately invading almost every game at present. With the stakes being so high, for us as Leicester fans it is infuriating to see Man U, in particular, getting so many apparently 'dodgy' VAR calls go their way. Although I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories there is absolutely no doubt that they, and the other 'big' clubs, more often than not, get more than the rub of the green when it comes to the big calls. Man U certainly deserve credit for the quality of their play which has improved dramatically and our poor form has contributed significantly to our own downfall but, in the final analysis, and final points totals will probably bear this out, when the margins are so tight the likes of Man U will certainly have benefitted sufficiently from getting the benefit of the doubt to put them over the top. While having an elite group of clubs dominate the top placings in the league is good for business, it will be forever thus. I just love the fact that our club, more than any other, puts fear into those that are desperate to maintain the status quo! 

not to belittle the current issue we are dealing with but perhaps the ‘red privilege’ we are witnessing gives a tiny insight into what some parts of society have been putting up with for centuries in things that are actually ‘life and death’ ! 

• Like 1