Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Unless we get four clear of Man U, there was always a huge chance that the game could be decider. If either team is less than three points clear, the game means something. 

Actually think Chelsea are the team we might outperform over the next four games 

Chelsea are our only hope of top 4 now. I expect Abramovich is popping a cheque in the post now, to ensure that doesnt happen. 

3 minutes ago, twister said:

I do think you will see empty seats , VAR, ticket prices, and the boredom of the big teams dominating will finish a few long term fans off. This pandemic may make peoples mind up as well never to return who are older.

They will take the league out to abu dubai and America and eventually create a euro super league week in week out, its inveitable.

I think you are right

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

Ah yes, there’s nothing corrupt about Fifa lol 

I know nits one of the most reputable and open organizations of the world everyone LOVES them and they have never done any wrong whatsoever they've only ever helped the game. What a selfless bunch they are!

• Haha 1

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

Chelsea are our only hope of top 4 now. I expect Abramovich is popping a cheque in the post now, to ensure that doesnt happen. 

We win two games out of the next three, we will have something to play for on the final day regardless if Man U have a 100% record. 

3 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

FIfa taking over VAR might improve things if it doesn't then bin it

Apparently Arsene Wenger is being given a key role in it all.

So at least that's Man United ****ed.

6 minutes ago, sishades said:

Thats absurd.

No it isn't they are an integral organization in football. Just look how they handled the Qatar bid for the world cup, the amount of third world volunteers they managed to find for building the stadiums there. They just ooze class!

Edited by Fightforever

12 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I have been following Leicester for 60 years & love football, but I have never felt so depressed of how the game is going. Taking the knee, minutes silence/applause, drinks breaks, 5 subs, VAR, pundits who do not talk as much sense as we would down the pub, the pathetic standard of referees, the so called big 6 & all the money & adulation they get, I could go on. How I long for the old days when the football was all that counted.

We all know that we are not wanted among the so called elite, but we have achieved incredible things over the last few years & hopefully will do so this year. I am getting to the stage that I really cannot see the point to following football as the rich get richer & the rest just try to survive.

Seriously thinking of not renewing my season ticket as it all seems so pointless

I feel exactly like this. I can't believe it's come to this but I really am at the point where I wonder if I can be arsed renewing next season. I probably will, but this season really has been probably the worst ever if you look at football as a collective. It's gutting to see this happen to the game. I've seen us suffer relegation to the third tier, Levein, Holloway, Martin Allen, but honestly, nothing could put me off football as much as this. You will simply not see a more blatant fix.

The odds of this many things falling that particular way must be in the millions. It's no co-incidence. Scarcely believable that some people think it is.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It’s not though is it.

If there’s an agenda somewhere to fix games in their favour it’s not going to have started in the last few weeks is it.

Only here could this even be a discussion 😂

You all sound like this bloke

To be fair they’ve been getting very soft decisions all season and there is only so far that dodgy refereeing can carry you. 

It wasn’t until recently that I even entertained the idea of some level of corruption and even now I’m not saying that I am certain of it but... if it was corrupt in some way you would obviously expect the fixing/bias (whatever you want to call it) to be concealed or obfuscated. You can’t give three or four penalties a game irrespective of what actually happens because that would be over the top and blatant. Similarly, there would be no reason why the players/managers would actually have to be involved. Players of each team fall down multiple times in each match, seems like you can even handball it if you’re wearing the right colours, and so there will be plenty of opportunities for the officials to intervene at their convenience. 

All of this is buttressed by the fact that there is no transparency or accountability whatsoever. Also, if corruption is possible, then it must be possible to start at one point in time specifically. If it could’ve started at the beginning of the season, then what would make it impossible to start at a later point in time - do you really think if there was corruption that they would adhere to the summer transfer window? 

I don’t mind a few 50/50 calls going a team’s way over the course of a season but the difference between what United are getting and what we are either not getting or being given is ridiculous. Corruption or not.

Realistically, we now need to look down rather then up. This will probably be wrapped up before the last game with United and Chelsea clear of 5th. Wolves will react after two poor results and we might win one of the next three. I’m hopeful we get a good result against spurs. Need to ensure we don’t fall below 5th. We’ve done ok this year but the squad plays a part and our squad isn’t good enough yet. It has an effect. Slow building to improve each year without losing to many key players. 

5 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Yes thanks Gary, United became good when their £185m-£200m midfield came together.

Gotcha.

I do laugh at times when you hear bits like this. United spent £90m on Pogba, £85m on Maguire, £50m on AWB and £50m on Fernandes. With the latter 3 all in the last 2 windows and I'm expected to think Ole has turned it around? Give most people £300million and they could've had some positive impact at United ffs

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I have been following Leicester for 60 years & love football, but I have never felt so depressed of how the game is going. Taking the knee, minutes silence/applause, drinks breaks, 5 subs, VAR, pundits who do not talk as much sense as we would down the pub, the pathetic standard of referees, the so called big 6 & all the money & adulation they get, I could go on. How I long for the old days when the football was all that counted.

We all know that we are not wanted among the so called elite, but we have achieved incredible things over the last few years & hopefully will do so this year. I am getting to the stage that I really cannot see the point to following football as the rich get richer & the rest just try to survive.

Seriously thinking of not renewing my season ticket as it all seems so pointless

This is absolutely spot on, I thought I was the only one feeling like this.

Glad I didn't watch the United game, I'd have only got wound up.

7 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

To be fair they’ve been getting very soft decisions all season and there is only so far that dodgy refereeing can carry you. 

It wasn’t until recently that I even entertained the idea of some level of corruption and even now I’m not saying that I am certain of it but... if it was corrupt in some way you would obviously expect the fixing/bias (whatever you want to call it) to be concealed or obfuscated. You can’t give three or four penalties a game irrespective of what actually happens because that would be over the top and blatant. Similarly, there would be no reason why the players/managers would actually have to be involved. Players of each team fall down multiple times in each match, seems like you can even handball it if you’re wearing the right colours, and so there will be plenty of opportunities for the officials to intervene at their convenience. 

All of this is buttressed by the fact that there is no transparency or accountability whatsoever. Also, if corruption is possible, then it must be possible to start at one point in time specifically. If it could’ve started at the beginning of the season, then what would make it impossible to start at a later point in time - do you really think if there was corruption that they would adhere to the summer transfer window? 

I don’t mind a few 50/50 calls going a team’s way over the course of a season but the difference between what United are getting and what we are either not getting or being given is ridiculous. Corruption or not.

Absolutely you don’t want to make it obvious.

You could quite easily of not sent Nketiah off on Tuesday or ruled out our goal due to Perez “touching” the ball for example instead which straightforward decisions that they were were less straight forward than that. Ridiculous penalty to give.

Its a few inept decisions in a row, it happens,  I don’t even know what this apparent “corruption” is trying to achieve? Assuming CAS do their job Chelsea United and us will all be in the hat for the group stages anyway.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Just now, sishades said:

You can be assureed that when City play ManUre Sky will be all over Man U for 57 minutes of the build up.!

Why does that surprise you?  95% of the audience will be yanited fans ..... it’s called business ....the advertisers expect them to pander to the majority to get the largest number of viewers .....