Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

14 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

It's part of the marketing of the Premier league. They want the bigger teams to win as their players are more recognisable and those clubs have the most fans globally. It allows the popularity of the Premier league to grow and hence the revenues.

Imagine if Sean Dyche and Burnley won the PL two or three years in a row, with his charisma and the likes of Jay Rodriguez competing for the ballon d'or. I guarantee the interest in football globally would decline. Whilst our story was incredible and generally a great win for the Premier league as everyone loves the underdog story, if we had done it again the following season it would not have been as well received. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Realistically, we now need to look down rather then up. This will probably be wrapped up before the last game with United and Chelsea clear of 5th. Wolves will react after two poor results and we might win one of the next three. I’m hopeful we get a good result against spurs. Need to ensure we don’t fall below 5th. We’ve done ok this year but the squad plays a part and our squad isn’t good enough yet. It has an effect. Slow building to improve each year without losing to many key players. 

I think all three of us in 3rd to 5th have one eye on Monday and 6th place. 

Both Chelsea and Man Utd would love Monday's ruling to go against Man City just as much as we want it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adam said:

The only hope we have is for man city getting banned. We wont get top 4 with our fixtures and with the way we have been playing. 

Then I'd rather be 8th...!!   If the Team cant still hold their position...Then They Haven t earnt it...simples

I believe Chelsea will Drop Big points!!

Manutd..Don t know,with decisions like tonight,but still could Slip

Leicester....Its in our hands....I will defend the team,but I Don t want to hear Rodgers,this season again mention we are a young team..

Look at Chelsea & Manutd...their new  young guns, have crossed that young threshold and actually dragged their Teams into Top 4 potential und Contention..

Our young team can Now prove they deserve to Play & perform in the young Big Boys playground...!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Then I'd rather be 8th...!!   If the Team cant still hold their position...Then They Haven t earnt it...simples

I believe Chelsea will Drop Big points!!

Manutd..Don t know,with decisions like tonight,but still could Slip

Leicester....Its in our hands....I will defend the team,but I Don t want to hear Rodgers,this season again mention we are a young team..

Look at Chelsea & Manutd...their new  young guns, have crossed that young threshold and actually dragged their Teams into Top 4 potential und Contention..

Our young team can Now prove they deserve to Play & perform in the young Big Boys playground...!!!

We are only the 8th youngest squad in the PL. we aren't "that" young. 

The ref and Mings have completely handed this game over to Man U. This is not the first time Moss was desperate to give Man U something and it does make you wonder if there is something fishy going especially as it’s viewed by VAR and not overturned. The Villa lad is lucky he has snapped his shin bone there

17 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Wolves and Liverpool?

Sundays the one, mess that up and we are in trouble.

This is where we must Stand up.....

IMO. 2 wins from These Next 2 games,gets us CL.!

Just now, jmono84 said:

The ref and Mings have completely handed this game over to Man U. This is not the first time Moss was desperate to give Man U something and it does make you wonder if there is something fishy going especially as it’s viewed by VAR and not overturned. The Villa lad is lucky he has snapped his shin bone there

Tbf, pen aside, it could have been about 0-6.

If there is large scale corruption you'd have to assume more than just the Refs & Associations were in on it; players, agents and even Clubs would be involved. Then you'd have to wonder if they were all in on it, why are they still so bad at it? lol

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Someone linked a premier league table without penalties on here the other day with United 10th. Anyone still got that link? 

Got to be bull. No chance they're above 14th.

Chelsea going to Anfield is a significant one, if only because Liverpool lift the trophy that night AND winning it would surely give them 19 home wins out of 19, a new league record. You would be shocked if Chelsea won that.

And they have to go to a revitalised Sheff Utd on Saturday. Norwich is a banker three points but you wouldn't be shocked if they were only on 64 going into the final game against Wolves.

In that case, if we can somehow win our 3 games between now and then we'd be safely there with a game to spare.

As for United, I will keep saying it but they really are well overdue a defeat now. 10 unbeaten is absurd, and let's be honest to ship two against Bournemouth and the start they made today, they are there for the taking by someone. Palace, Southampton, West Ham, they're the sorts of games they could trip up on still. If they take 7/9 points (I'd still say unlikely) they go to the KP on 65 on the final day.

Bournemouth is as must win as it gets now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

We are only the 8th youngest squad in the PL. we aren't "that" young. 

Agree...!! Its BR post Match interviews,make you Think we are are One of the Top 2-4  youngest...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Joefox said:

That penalty was one of the most corrupt decisions I can ever remember. How the hell can you watch a replay of that in SLOW MOTION and give a penalty? Like WTF?!

But that's the point, the VAR people never give a penalty, they look for a clear and obvious error. I'm all for moaning about the about the decisions, as it's working really badly (even considering this is the first season), mainly because they have set the bar to overturn decisions too high.

But they are looking for an error, not a foul.

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Chelsea going to Anfield is a significant one, if only because Liverpool lift the trophy that night AND winning it would surely give them 19 home wins out of 19, a new league record. You would be shocked if Chelsea won that.

And they have to go to a revitalised Sheff Utd on Saturday. Norwich is a banker three points but you wouldn't be shocked if they were only on 64 going into the final game against Wolves.

In that case, if we can somehow win our 3 games between now and then we'd be safely there with a game to spare.

As for United, I will keep saying it but they really are well overdue a defeat now. 10 unbeaten is absurd, and let's be honest to ship two against Bournemouth and the start they made today, they are there for the taking by someone. Palace, Southampton, West Ham, they're the sorts of games they could trip up on still. If they take 7/9 points (I'd still say unlikely) they go to the KP on 65 on the final day.

Liverpool also going for the points record. They'll be at it. Chelsea will do well to win that.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf, pen aside, it could have been about 0-6.

Yea Villas heads clearly dropped but that peno decision turned the game on its head and I’m still baffled it wasn’t overturned. Just can’t believe someone has looked at that on replay and saw a foul on Fernandes, terrible!

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We're only gonna get 5th IMO, so we just need 2 more wins and we'll be ok. Just pray that CL ban is upheld on Monday.

I don't know, a couple of wins might be enough to put us above Chelsea with their run-in.

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

Mo Salah's obvious desperation to win the Golden Boot also helps.

• Like 2

We could be in the CL in less than 96 hours.

Sheff Utd don't beat Chelsea

Wolves don't beat Everton

We beat Bournemouth

And the CAS uphold the Man city appeal and our superior GD all but guarantees us 5th minimum. :cool:

I'll still be cheering on the Blades against Chelsea but the above four events are all more likely to happen than not IMO. 

5 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Yea Villas heads clearly dropped but that peno decision turned the game on its head and I’m still baffled it wasn’t overturned. Just can’t believe someone has looked at that on replay and saw a foul on Fernandes, terrible!

Definitely. Can’t believe Neville said Villa looked deflated since HT! It was since the penalty. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

I will love it when we beat them last day of the season, end there run and deny Maguire CL football. 4 Wins does it come on city, if we are 80%-85% in the next 3 games we win, an it comes down to the last day, they won't drop points lets not either.

Unfortunately corruption goes on in a varied amount of sectors and football is one of them, with it being applied in various forms some getting more and more obvious than others.

Something as small as 5 subs will benefit Man City/Liverpool and other regular top 6 teams with the talent they have on their benches more than Us Sheffield Utd and Wolves.

There is too much money involved for it not to be, wether that be back handers to the bigwigs at the FA/FIFA or CAS.

Someone somewhere will be applying pressure to make sure things go a certain way.

For us regular fans it’s painful to see some of these joke VAR decisions and it does take away some love of the game, that could slowly be going down  the “American” route of regular drinks breaks and added advertisements.

To a degree the top teams can prob play with no fans again and still be able to pull in great advertising revenue and players.

Sky and BT are just tools in the cog to try and influence people and push teams top 6 agendas.

Leicester winning the league whilst great for 1 season for everyone’s belief that it’s possible, it’s something that those at the top won’t want to happen for a long long while.

So normality to the so called top teams will now only get worse untill Man U Man City Tottenham Arsenal Chelsea are back where they “think” they should be rather than earning it on the pitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

How many points clear were we of united at the turn of the year? 

At least double figures. We were well ahead of them. I get the annoyance with United and penalties but the reality is its our own damn fault if we miss out on CL.