Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Interesting to see how sky (commentary team) and five live (commentary team) are defended by their employers .....making excuses which are simply wrong to justify the non var reversal 

Neville and savage - I can understand their natural pro yanited bias but surely the bbc five live football corespondent (John Murray) should be big enough to state that it’s just incorrect. Even this morning on talk sport, Brazil is trying to justify it .....but again, he has ingrained yanited bias and is probably still three sheets to the wind .......

57 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53357841

At least the premier league are admitting they got decisions wrong.

however I’d love to know what they will do about it, If anything.

Also when bad decisions are made, then questioned more in the media via the managers comments, it rightly gets some response by the premier league.

But when managers don’t kick up as much of a fuss, despite bad decisions it doesn’t. Like our De bruyne handball v Man City, which wasn’t given. It pisses me off it’s not automatically raised and highlighted by the PL post match as a mistake. It just gets smoother over and forgotten about.

They'll do nothing of course.

Fernandes put his studs into Konsa's leg. Definitely a foul and likely a sending-off offence. United benefitted not only from the incorrect penalty decision, but also Fernandes's continued presence on the pitch. Additionally they benefit from his availability for the next three matches. It's always smoothed over that one wrong decision can have consequences beyond the incident itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53357841

At least the premier league are admitting they got decisions wrong.

however I’d love to know what they will do about it, If anything.

Also when bad decisions are made, then questioned more in the media via the managers comments, it rightly gets some response by the premier league.

But when managers don’t kick up as much of a fuss, despite bad decisions it doesn’t. Like our De bruyne handball v Man City, which wasn’t given. It pisses me off it’s not automatically raised and highlighted by the PL post match as a mistake. It just gets smoother over and forgotten about.

Simple solution, punish refs/var twats that get decisions blatantly wrong. 

Right now they sit there making decisions with impunity that can cost clubs tens of millions of pounds. Villa were the better team before that non-penalty, it changed the entire game. That could be 3 points that send villa down and send utd to champions league. They've admitted it's wrong but the people who got it so wrong get away with it. 

It's horseshit. If I **** up my job I'd get punished, and mine certainly wouldn't have ramifications in the millions. :nigel:

• Like 1

With all the decisions that have gone against the likes of us, Sheff Utd and Wolves (the toe at Spurs for Sheff Utd, the 5 minute check for handball at Everton against us, not to mention the countless penalties we should've had, Wolves against us at Molineux) and the ridiculous decisions that the perceived elite get in their favor, you are not convincing me otherwise that match fixing isn't taking place. There's been too many recently and its really starting to kill my love for the game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Would also like to know what part of Fernandes was hurt. Grabs his shin instantly after he trod on Konsa's yet the referee fell for it. So many players across the world do it obviously. Some more than others and some worse than others. He was of course totally fine to take the penalty. 

• Like 2

Spurs have been hard done by this season by decisions. They've always been the smallest out of the Sky 'big 6' though so that doesnt surprise me.

Man U and Liverpool are by far the biggest benefactors of favourable decisions including games not involving them that might have impact on thwir position , eg , our penalty shout v Brighton and Sheff Utd goal that should have stood v Villa.

That Man U penalty is beyond belief, particularly as Villa were doing alright until then so it changed the game.

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Favouritism in sporting competition is corruption though.

Don't disagree! I was trying to say, I don't think its intentional, maybe with the way football has gone, and with all media coverage focusing on the so called 'bigger' sides, refs feel they'd be under more scrutiny if they don't give calls for them? I don't know. Either way it's shit and it stinks.

I don’t think there is corruption as such, but it’s clear that the officials are siding with the big sides to an alarming level.

I personally put it down to the the media’s obsession with the big clubs. The refs know that if they give a contentious decision against a big club that the media will talk about it for days. That must subconsciously play on their minds.

Prime example is Tuesday night. Sky did nothing else but talk about Arsenal for the entire match and then discussed in great detail two VAR calls (both correct) that went against Arsenal and a potential red card (never in a million years) against Vardy. Meanwhile we have a perfectly good goal disallowed and it’s not even shown as a replay at HT or FT.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, leicesterseddon said:

I remember when people were saying we need VAR to compensate for refereeing bias towards the bigger clubs.

A lot of these same people are now complaining that, erm...VAR is biased towards the bigger clubs. 

It's the same officials running VAR as were officiating the games prior to it. 

10 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

I think the Everton loss is looking very costly - having seen highlights tonight I think we may regret that. Hoping Mr Hassenheutel will do us a favour when they play United. 

I think the failing to defend the corner vs Watford in the dying seconds is more costly. Hold on there and those 2 extra points would mean we are still 3 ahead with a better (although ever decreasing goal difference)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snoopy87 said:

With all the decisions that have gone against the likes of us, Sheff Utd and Wolves (the toe at Spurs for Sheff Utd, the 5 minute check for handball at Everton against us, not to mention the countless penalties we should've had, Wolves against us at Molineux) and the ridiculous decisions that the perceived elite get in their favor, you are not convincing me otherwise that match fixing isn't taking place. There's been too many recently and its really starting to kill my love for the game.

Not sure about us, but Wolves and, most notably, Sheff U have had some abysmal decisions made against them. I'm afraid we can't blame VAR for our slide out of CL places - our dire form since December has seen to that!!

To compound it the media will be raving about Fernandes in his next game and telling us how many goals and assists he has - forgetting that the last penalty (at least) wasn't one.

5 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Not sure about us, but Wolves and, most notably, Sheff U have had some abysmal decisions made against them. I'm afraid we can't blame VAR for our slide out of CL places - our dire form since December has seen to that!!

Our biggest pain has been handball decisions being drawn from a hat rather than actually using rules.

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

To compound it the media will be raving about Fernandes in his next game and telling us how many goals and assists he has - forgetting that the last penalty (at least) wasn't one.

How many times was he called "clever" for that penalty last night? If that had been a player who is less popular currently they would be labelled as a cheat.

• Like 1