Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We could be in the CL in less than 96 hours.

Sheff Utd don't beat Chelsea

Wolves don't beat Everton

We beat Bournemouth

And the CAS uphold the Man city appeal and our superior GD all but guarantees us 5th minimum. :cool:

I'll still be cheering on the Blades against Chelsea but the above four events are all more likely to happen than not IMO. 

Good point, but while as individual events they are more likely to happen than not, for all four to go our way would be pretty miraculous. Wonder what the accumulator odds would be?

Edited by Hammo

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This was after 3-0 win over Newcastle on NYD

image.thumb.png.facea4975d48ddf9a8d60441e9a276cb.png

****. The situation we’re in absolutely insane..... All we needed to be was somewhat fairly consistent to keep a gap. Is it too over the top to suggest anything post Christmas has been completely unacceptable.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

If there is large scale corruption you'd have to assume more than just the Refs & Associations were in on it; players, agents and even Clubs would be involved. Then you'd have to wonder if they were all in on it, why are they still so bad at it? lol

This is it, it’d be more inept than the actual terrible officiating . 4 wins this calendar year and people are trying to create some sort of conspiracy theory as to why we won’t get top four. Embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest bennytwohats

It’s not like United have been sneaking wins with these dodgy decisions. They’re brushing teams aside at will. Honestly think these big conspiracy theories make some of you sound a bit silly/bitter.

They've been a different team since the break sadly.

The issue with VAR is that I'm not sure referees want to keep overturning decisions. They all know each other and if one gets a reputation for having several decisions changed then that becomes a story, it gets into the mind and I'm sure most of the refs are friends- is it time to have independent, outside workers doing the video side of things?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

They're fooking loving this, they get United fans clicking and opposition fans clicking to see the crap they've been awarded.

Our officiating is the laughing stock of the world. Why do we think FIFA have brought VAR rules under one roof? Because we made such an appauling job of doing it.

The table from NYD is pretty unforgivable really. We have played some really crap football in 2020 haven’t we. I know it’s going to be our 2nd best season ever probably but without CL football it will all feel so flat which tells it’s own story. 

The penalty. WTF?

Nketieh got sent off rightfully for a challenge like Fernandes.

And no surprise Jon Moss is involved once again.

Thankfully I decided not to watch it live.

Edited by Blue ROI

I really, really, really, really so desperately want us to finish third. I’m holding out for Southampton and Sheffield United to do us big favours. I’ve got a feeling this weekend will be pivotal. I fancy Sheffers to get something against Chelsea, and United to slip up against Southampton. Then fingers crossed we can somehow get to the last two games 7 clear of 5th......

I’ll wake up one day! 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

This is it, it’d be more inept than the actual terrible officiating . 4 wins this calendar year and people are trying to create some sort of conspiracy theory as to why we won’t get top four. Embarrassing.

I’m not sure there is corruption going on at the level people are saying, but as the Italian match fixing scandal a while ago proved, no team big or small are above it. It’s entirely plausible that something of that nature could be happening in any league, just not at the level that was proven in Italy. It’s such a shame that we didn’t win enough games to be thinking about it in this way though. 

Guest bennytwohats
Just now, UniFox21 said:

They're fooking loving this, they get United fans clicking and opposition fans clicking to see the crap they've been awarded.

Our officiating is the laughing stock of the world. Why do we think FIFA have brought VAR rules under one roof? Because we made such an appauling job of doing it.

Again this just isn’t really founded. Our refs are generally regarded pretty well internationally I believe. This is just confirmation bias because you know them and their decisions. Can you point to a single source that suggests English refs are a laughing stock? Or a single source that suggests FIFA have done that because of our implementation of VAR?

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

I've been called out for being too negative slating how bad we've been all year and yet now apparently I wasn't being harsh enough according to the corruption apologists.

You’re full of it Dan that’s your problem.

You’ve taken a few dodge decisions and turned into Leicester City’s answer to DT, it’s embarrassing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

FIFA’s decision not to take any of our official teams to the WC tells you everything you need to know about what they think of our refs. Yet they get the easiest ride imaginable here. They’re only ****ing themselves, patting each other on the back and refusing to criticise each other after they all make consistent howlers every week. It’s a ****ing shambles and I have absolutely zero respect or sympathy for the *****. 

3 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Again this just isn’t really founded. Our refs are generally regarded pretty well internationally I believe. This is just confirmation bias because you know them and their decisions. Can you point to a single source that suggests English refs are a laughing stock? Or a single source that suggests FIFA have done that because of our implementation of VAR?

Didn't we have zero refs at the last international tournament?

FIFA had clear guidelines on how they wanted VAR to be used, and Riley just chucked that in the bin and did what he wanted. That's one of the reasons FIFA have stepped in. Likely other countries as well not using it as they wanted. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

We've been denied multiple penalties that look clear and obvious while the likes of Chelsea and Man United are getting them week after week.

It's a bit hard not to feel extremely hard done by.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve up there on your high horse.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Said elsewhere the failure won’t be the post lockdown games where the actual rules of the game have altered suiting big clubs. 

It will be the Norwich results and losing at Burnley from 1-0 down. 

Two games the officials did us over in.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've been called out for being too negative slating how bad we've been all year and yet now apparently I wasn't being harsh enough according to the corruption apologists.

Don’t worry about it pal, most on here think we should be absolutely grateful that we are top 5 and its a fantastic season, little leicester mentality! 

2 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

I’m not sure there is corruption going on at the level people are saying, but as the Italian match fixing scandal a while ago proved, no team big or small are above it. It’s entirely plausible that something of that nature could be happening in any league, just not at the level that was proven in Italy. It’s such a shame that we didn’t win enough games to be thinking about it in this way though. 

Christ almighty.

Any efficient fixing of this league would of seen us get zero points Tuesday night and would not feel the need to award a 20 something minute penalty for a Manchester United team that’s on fire against a Villa side that can’t buy a win.

It is ludicrous.

• Like 3