Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Maybe they are trying to, the way it goes from bad to worse. 

VAR is a rare effort at oversight and quality control of referees' work.  But it is operated by them, not an independent body.

If PGMOL would rather just be rid of it, they could just make sure the decisions are worse than the (often poor) decisions on the pitch.

I agree. I was a big fan of it, especially after the WC. However after seeing how it is operated in the PL and how many game changing, wrong decision have been made, I do think that we're better of without it. Or get a better operating staff (which won't happen).

Edited by That_Dude

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's disturbing these attitudes are seemingly so normalized that they think they can post this disgusting abuse and get away with it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Huh?

Leave me alone. Don’t snooze and post kids.  :blush:

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Can see Palace losing the rest of their games this season, after this. If they lose this one as well that’ll be 8 losses in a row. 

Hodgson to be sacked? Palace to go down next season? Or is it just that they have nothing to play for? 

Their squad is getting on a bit though, they need to invest in every area of the pitch. I wonder if this is the window they cash in on Wilf Zaha whilst he’s still worth something, especially after his performances being a bit lacklustre this season. Can’t be easy for him in a negative side, however. 

8 Matches? They beat Bournemouth recently.

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Next season that sakho goal will stand as the shoulder area becomes non handball -  will become where the arm starts below the shoulder area  - where is that ??

Not properly looked into it but isn’t it if it hits your arm where your shirt is then it’s not handball 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Not properly looked into it but isn’t it if it hits your arm where your shirt is then it’s not handball 

It’s not clear now where the arm finishes and the shoulder starts but to avoid goals being ruled out in future, the shoulder/upper arm meeting point is being removed but I can’t see how that solves the issue - there’s still a grey area - granted that it means less disallowed goals but it still leaves us with an uncertain area 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s not clear now where the arm finishes and the shoulder starts but to avoid goals being ruled out in future, the shoulder/upper arm meeting point is being removed but I can’t see how that solves the issue - there’s still a grey area - granted that it means less disallowed goals but it still leaves us with an uncertain area 

Surely they should just make it anything below the elbow in handball. Anything above is not.

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Surely everyone would wear long sleeved shirts in that case.

Sorry I was referring to short sleeves and not indicating there should be different rules for different players depending on what style of shirt you wear 

Edited by jammie82uk

9 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I woke up feeling just one of Villa or Bournemouth would give themselves a chance today and the other would be finished so with that..c'mon villa....yuk!

I had Villa to win.

Tbh if I had one to win I'd rather them as they'd still be 4 behind with 3 to play.

Still annoying to see them get away with something !

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I woke up feeling just one of Villa or Bournemouth would give themselves a chance today and the other would be finished so with that..c'mon villa....yuk!

I wouldn’t get excited, I woke up fully believing Villa still had Man Utd to play...... :ill:

• Haha 1