Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The left foot kicks out and brings him down, anyway Everton are garbage and we shouldn’t have lost to this rubbish 

Really? It looks just like the Man Utd one to me where the attacker has stood on the defenders foot and gone down

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's a pen for me. Slings himself to the ground a bit but Digne has come through the back of him. You can always tell by players reactions and look at Sigurdsson, even he knows it.

The attacker has jumped into the defender for me 

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Not too fussed about what Wolves do any more- if they catch us from here then we've completely ballsed it up anyway.

Agree with this. I also don’t think this is the worst result in the world for us - Wolves needing something at Chelsea on the final day could be huge for us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

The attacker has jumped into the defender for me 

It's pretty clever play, but he's trying for a penalty. Not a fan of that - what was Digne supposed to do? He was trying to nick the ball off him face on, then Podence spins around into him.

• Like 1

I must say it's refreshing for commentators to finally start calling out teams who are so boring to watch.

Gary Neville was fuming at Everton the other night and Carragher's just let a frustrated 'Go forward!' out.

This isn't just exclusive to a handful of clubs however, most clubs are going this way, the need to be a 'possession based team' is quite depressing. I don't wanna see route one hoofing but bloody hell this pass, pass, pass style, negative, boring football that has crept in during the last few years is not what people want to see. It's unbelievable.

More and more teams are playing within their own halves, would rather pass sideways or backwards, scared to venture of the halfway line.

I include ourselves very much in all these comments.

It's not even a productive or successful way of winning football matches.

Go forward! Exactly as Carragher's just said.

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

I must say it's refreshing for commentators to finally start calling out teams who are so boring to watch.

Gary Neville was fuming at Everton the other night and Carragher's just let a frustrated 'Go forward!' out.

This isn't just exclusive to a handful of clubs however, most clubs are going this way, the need to be a 'possession based team' is quite depressing. I don't wanna see route one hoofing but bloody hell this pass, pass, pass style, negative, boring football that has crept in during the last few years is not what people want to see. It's unbelievable.

More and more teams are playing within their own halves, would rather pass sideways or backwards, scared to venture of the halfway line.

I include ourselves very much in all these comments.

It's not even a productive or successful way of winning football matches.

Go forward! Exactly as Carragher's just said.

Where as we won the league having less possession and Sheffield United had about 25% possession in a 3-0 win yesterday! Possessions all well and good but it’s important to do something with it! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I can’t keep watching football if people are going to say things like that are a penalty.

The contact is extremely minimal and Podence has clearly thrown himself to the ground and not been out there. I’m just sick of watching this.

A tiny bit of contact does not constitute a foul. There’s no way he doesn’t fall over on purpose.

This league is rapidly becoming one that just relies on "controversial" (shit) decisions to provide the talking point, rather than the quality of the football or the rivalries etc.

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Where as we won the league having less possession and Sheffield United had about 25% possession in a 3-0 win yesterday! Possessions all well and good but it’s important to do something with it! 

Nail on head.

Possession stats are pointless, it's what you do with the possession.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I mean it's a dead rubber let's be honest, Everton aren't really playing for anything and Wolves need a miracle to get in the CL. 

Miracles come dressed in blue and white.