Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I don't get it - people wowing over Wolves weren't wowing when they lost to Arsenal. Would people swap positions with them? I know our team isn't perfect, but I really don't think I mhave much to moan about.

It's funny because when a great goal is scored it's 'why can't Leicester do that'. 

It's a totally different game with totally different set-ups. At times, it's incomparable lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't get it - people wowing over Wolves weren't wowing when they lost to Arsenal. Would people swap positions with them? I know our team isn't perfect, but I really don't think I mhave much to moan about.

Wolves are steady, they’re probably not going to often score more than three a game but they’re a fairly solid outfit. 

To answer your question I would take their spine. It’s really strong, probably stronger than ours. 

But what’s more alarming is how we lost to Everton. They’re shite.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

The other part of this is that, when we DO beat someone 3-0, the caveat offered (as after the Palace game) is that 'well, it's only cos the opps were shite'.

I think that applies here - Everton are dreadful. And we lost to them because we had an awful start. They basically hung on for over half the game.

32 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Not too fussed about what Wolves do any more- if they catch us from here then we've completely ballsed it up anyway.

They're only really a concern if the CAS uphold the Man City ban tomorrow.

They're highly unlikely to finish top four as it would need a big sequence of events for them to catch two of Leicester, Chelsea and Man Utd.

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You make some very valid point but they're exciting.

Granted we're in a great position and I wouldn't swap but we've been so boring to watch at times which is so frustrating given how we know we can play and the potential we have, I feel we're some of our players are being 'strangled' in our style and the insistence of playing that way with little flexability to change, very rarely do Wolves bore me and thats where they 'wowing' starts and ends really i'm not comparing positions and I think that is a very short sighted view of things.

Cue someone saying 'Go watch Wolves then' :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's funny because when a great goal is scored it's 'why can't Leicester do that'. 

It's a totally different game with totally different set-ups. At times, it's incomparable lol 

Again you make some very valid points however don't you think playing in this negative, passive style, we bring problems on ourself, i.e - Teams just being happy to sit back knowing full well we won't be able to break them down and therefore being pretty confident of atleast getting a draw with the chance of sneeking a win.

Instead of mixing it up and trying to find a way around it we'd rather blame opposition for sitting behind the ball when we're not too much better ourself, the difference is we'll sit behind the ball just in possession playing sideways passes.

What I will say is we're not the exception to the rule, most clubs are trying to play in the way we are, I'd prefer to be the exception though and not play in the way we're trying though lol

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 1

Everton are just having a usual season of theirs from the last five or six years. Look really good at times, really rotten at times and will finish in 8th-11th like they've been doing regularly.

They have a top class manager now but serious work to challenge for the top four even if us, Wolves or Sheffield United don't compete there next season.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Everton are just having a usual season of theirs from the last five or six years. Look really good at times, really rotten at times and will finish in 8th-11th like they've been doing regularly.

They have a top class manager now but serious work to challenge for the top four even if us, Wolves or Sheffield United don't compete there next season.

He has a lot of players to move on and needs to buy some quality. Won't be done over the course of a summer.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

You make some very valid point but they're exciting.

Granted we're in a great position and I wouldn't swap but we've been so boring to watch at times which is so frustrating given how we know we can play and the potential we have, I feel we're some of our players are being 'strangled' in our style and the insistence of playing that way with little flexability to change, very rarely do Wolves bore me and thats where they 'wowing' starts and ends really i'm not comparing positions and I think that is a very short sighted view of things.

Cue someone saying 'Go watch Wolves then' :rolleyes:

Again you make some very valid points however don't you think playing in this negative, passive style, we bring problems on ourself, i.e - Teams just being happy to sit back knowing full well we won't be able to break them down and therefore being pretty confident of atleast getting a draw with the chance of sneeking a win.

Instead of mixing it up and trying to find a way around it we'd rather blame opposition for sitting behind the ball when we're not too much better ourself, the difference is we'll sit behind the ball just in possession playing sideways passes.

Unreal case of thinking the grass is greener here. Do you ever actually watch them? Their penalty today was the first first half goal they've scored in 8 games or something daft. They're notorious sit back and knick a goal merchants.

Not discounting them as an effective side, they're brilliant at what they do. But to suggest they're an exciting side to watch is baffling

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

He has a lot of players to move on and needs to buy some quality. Won't be done over the course of a summer.

They've spent huge amounts since Koeman arrived. Wasn't it £40 million for Iwobi? :nigel: They'll struggle to move most of these players on for a profit and I doubt clubs will be able to spend large amounts this window.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

They've spent huge amounts since Koeman arrived. Wasn't it £40 million for Iwobi? :nigel: They'll struggle to move most of these players on for a profit and I doubt clubs will be able to spend large amounts this window.

Yeah, £40m for Iwobi lol Keane was £20 odd mill too I think. Pickford £30m? ..