Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Unreal case of thinking the grass is greener here. Do you ever actually watch them? Their penalty today was the first first half goal they've scored in 8 games or something daft. They're notorious sit back and knick a goal merchants.

Not discounting them as an effective side, they're brilliant at what they do. But to suggest they're an exciting side to watch is baffling

I have watched them a few time yes. I missed their penalty today, although I have seen a photo, if they're giving it for Man Utd they have to give it for others though right? It's a the wrong decision though regardless.

The key part of what I take from your post is 'effective side, they're brilliant at what they do'.

As I said when I posted about 'glad commentators are finally calling teams out for being boring' the style alot of clubs are going down isn't exciting and certainly isn't effective.

39 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He has a lot of players to move on and needs to buy some quality. Won't be done over the course of a summer.

37 minutes ago, Corky said:

They've spent huge amounts since Koeman arrived. Wasn't it £40 million for Iwobi? :nigel: They'll struggle to move most of these players on for a profit and I doubt clubs will be able to spend large amounts this window.

34 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, £40m for Iwobi lol Keane was £20 odd mill too I think. Pickford £30m? ..

They've spent 550 million in the last 5 seasons on transfer fees alone, it's mad.

Klaassen - 23m

Bolasie - 25m

Tosun - 27m

Iwobi - 30m

Mina - 27m

Sigurdsson - 45m

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

You do have a bit of a bee in your bonnet about this perceived passive style of play, you were perhaps the most damning critic of Puel, but the stats don't bear this out under Rodgers:

Leicester - 64 goals

Wolves - 48 goals.

I do get frustrated at the lack of a plan B myself sometimes when things aren't happening, especially in the late stages, chasing a game, but the fact is that only Man City and Liverpool have scored more than us.

I just find it so boring, so negative and it's not just exclusive to us, it's most clubs feeling the need to play in this style.

Oh believe me i've been saying alot of games (Certainly recently) 'if Puel (I've actually been calling him 'the last bloke in charge') was in charge he'd be getting hammered'.

All I ask is we mix it up abit. There is a time and place for this passive style, it can be effective but playing exclusively in that style, nah, not for me.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, £40m for Iwobi lol Keane was £20 odd mill too I think. Pickford £30m? ..

Siggurdsson £45m as well.

There were plenty clamouring for the Icelandic on here but he was always going to be a bad buy. 28yo so always a depreciating asset and already been at a top six club and failed. Everyone knew he was a good PL player but not elite level and we knew everything about him. It's telling that an elite level club never went in for him and it's rarely a bad strategy to sell any player at his peak value and that was obvious that was his peak value.

13 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Wouldn't it be great if Man City's ban were upheld and Chelsea & Man Utd both fvcked up the run-in...... Leicester, Liverpool, Sheffield Utd & Wolves in the CL would be fun.....

Won't happen, but we can dream.

It would be an incredible end to the season. Apart from when England was banned from competing, I can’t recall the last time a team from Manchester or London (let alone both of them!) didn’t compete in the Champions League/European Cup. The tv companies would hate it too! Shame :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Tbf when Everton signed Pickford and Keane plenty of folk were lauding them for their business. They've just got so many squad filling donkeys, there's never seemed any real plan with their signings, like a northern West Ham

Yeah I don't think Pickford was too bad at the time given his ability and reputation of an upcoming keeper. He's made some high profile errors at Everton but I've always thought he plays better for England. Maybe it's because that's a better defence than Everton have?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I just find it so boring, so negative and it's not just exclusive to us, it's most clubs feeling the need to play in this style.

Oh believe me i've been saying alot of games (Certainly recently) 'if Puel (I've actually been calling him 'the last bloke in charge') was in charge he'd be getting hammered'.

All I ask is we mix it up abit. There is a time and place for this passive style, it can be effective but playing exclusively in that style, nah, not for me.

Sure but to say Wolves are exciting or more exciting than us over a season I would find it hard to agree with.

I've seen plenty of Wolves games where they've been dull and struggle to create chances over the last two seasons. 

• Like 1

We needed that result and performance. Everton were shit and we should have put them to bed 5-0 with Jota and Traore's misses. That pass from Neves... :o

I hope that scumbag who posted that stuff to Zaha is found by the police, banned from Villa for life and sacked from his job. Utter ****. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

These twats who post this kind of shit should be hunted down and subjected to a public beating where people can pay a tenner to kick the shit out of them.

Absolute pondlife. I dont wish death on many people but people like this disgust me. I hope the ****er gets the worst kind of Corona.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Looking at Zaha’s tweet it looks like it’s probably a child’s account. Doesn’t make it any less disgusting but I wonder what consequences he will face. I hope they come down hard and make it known he can’t act like that in today’s society, child or man. 

Villa have just said it's a lifetime ban once the find out who sent it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Looking at Zaha’s tweet it looks like it’s probably a child’s account. Doesn’t make it any less disgusting but I wonder what consequences he will face. I hope they come down hard and make it known he can’t act like that in today’s society, child or man. 

Based on what? Even if it is a 'child', it begs the question what makes him think this classes as 'banter' or worth posting. Parenting, peers?

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

These twats who post this kind of shit should be hunted down and subjected to a public beating where people can pay a tenner to kick the shit out of them.

Absolute pondlife. I dont wish death on many people but people like this disgust me. I hope the ****er gets the worst kind of Corona.

Or perhaps they should be prosecuted and then re educated. Just a thought.