Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

They're amazing lol

That bit from about 15mins onwards in the match. Absolute gold. The bit with Michael Owen randomly too lol

LOTSA GOALLLS

Also i'm not going to spoil the celebrity cup final for anyone who wants to watch them, so i'll just leave it at - #GaryGlitterIsCrap :crylaugh:

Up the Hammers!!! David Moyes has Antonio on fire!! Needs to grab another hat trick tonight! I’d be quite happy for them to beat our away performance 9-0!!

Also ...... if Liverpool could beat Chelsea, I’d appreciate it.

6 hours ago, twister said:

Villas Lawyers could argue villa would have tried to win the game had they known a draw would send them down.They would also argue watford launched zero legal action at the time the game was finished.

at best watford could ask for the game to be replayed which could cause a right old mess for the league

villa’s lawyers can’t argue that about a game six away from the end of the season. 

and GLT is supposed to work. It didn’t. It’s not subjective - it’s fact.  Unless Hawkeye have a contract with the PL which states In it that they are not responsible for any financial consequences of a system failure then I am sure they can expect a letter from Watford’s solicitors if they go down.  If Hawkeye have made that sensible investment in a good lawyer then the PL can expect to be held culpable by Watford. Either way, the pozzo’s aren’t going down quietly .......

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Up the Hammers!!! David Moyes has Antonio on fire!! Needs to grab another hat trick tonight! I’d be quite happy for them to beat our away performance 9-0!!

Also ...... if Liverpool could beat Chelsea, I’d appreciate it.

Wakey wakey  !!!!!!!    Still dreaming buddy ........

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

West ham cant go down...Bournemouth cant Stay up....

The goal differences are too great...

Bournemouth can stay up if they win and Watford & Villa lose 

Subjective decisions like cards have always been stuff everyone can disagree about.

However, that not-given goal against Sheffield United was so obviously and awfully wrong and involved the (first ever) failure of one lot of technology, compounded by an utter lack of courage at Stockley Park which could easily and quickly have corrected it ("Err, ref, you might want to go and check the screen replay") that I think it's on a much higher level of wrongness.

It bears repetition that the incident happened just before half time and the world and his myopic dog could see during half time (at which point Michael Oliver's goal line watch belatedly buzzed) exactly how wrong the original decision had been.

Any team worthy of any kind of sportsmanship would have agreed to walk the ball into their own net at the start of the second half.

(Leicester City did that once, remember)

So screw Villa if they stay up because of the point they gained from scoring no goals in that match which they should have lost.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This is so true lol

Excellent lol

I do quite like him though, brings a bit of personality and livens things up a bit as opposed to boring back and forth cliches.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Walkers said:

Yeah I get that, but there is only one team to have benefitted by something that should never ever ever have happened

Yeah definitely. I wasn't disagreeing with you but I just remembered it because some of their fans keep going on about it (a bit like we do our decisions).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Unlike us 😂😂😂

We've spent around £150mill less than them in the same period (and sold ~£280mill worth). So we are by no means innocent of spending money on crap. But Everton are a whole level above us.

• Like 1

Everton's seemingly scattergun approach to transfers just seems to lack any logic, and the chopping of managers doesn't help.

From rummaging through Arsenal's sale rack for Walcott and Iwobi. The purchase of Kean seemingly "just because he was available" and reading through a squad list which just screams "throw them into a pot and see what works."

We're by no means saints when it comes to spending wisely, but Everton have lacked any strategy in any form, and their £111m loss proves this.

19 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Unlike us 😂😂😂

At least we will have a top 5 finish to show for it (even if it's been a huge bottle job if it's not top 4), they have been a disgrace given the vast sums spent. They love signing supposed PL experience but what has it gotten them? £45m on Sigurdsson who has been nowhere near as influential as he was at Swansea, £30m on Iwobi? £25m on Schneiderlin, Walcott, Delph and many others. Not sure what their player sales look like either compared to ours but I can only think of Lukaku who went for big money.

15 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The more you watch Jack Grealish the more you realise he's exactly what we need.

I was watching his interview yesterday thinking “something about the look of this kid gives me the creeps”.   Then it hit me.

jackG.JPG.9815fcc035dbd2e32a2dcdb1a4139ea7.JPG            CMeth.JPG.18998caba258fa921dbc81403e12c7ef.JPG

AVOID at all costs.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

image.png.8ac8e63a836d3a75b1b2143543b27690.png

Oh Everton  :rolleyes:

By most reports Spurs' top midfield target -- if not top transfer target overall -- this summer.  And they were invited to match Everton's bid.

Levy should be putting the match to some amusing Jose fireworks with this one.

• Like 1

So predictions for the Man United game?

I'm going with 9 minutes for the VAR penalty, 19 minutes for the West Ham equalizer being ruled offside after 20 mintues of replays and 450 camera angles being used and 42 minutes when Maguire handballs it into the net for 2-0 with no review and lets throw in a red card for Antonio for accidentally knocking over the corner flag (violent conduct, straight red on VAR review).

11 minutes ago, KingsX said:

By most reports Spurs' top midfield target -- if not top transfer target overall -- this summer.  And they were invited to match Everton's bid.

Levy should be putting the match to some amusing Jose fireworks with this one.

I reckon this is what happens when Liverpool win the league. Southampton, by agreement, have to sell ALL their players to Merseyside.