Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Finnegan said:

That is 100000% a dive. 

That's the next rule change I'd really like to see them make. I don't care if there's technically contact. 

He sees the leg and literally jumps over it. He literally starts jumping before there's contact. 

The irony is the same ref sent Vardy off for less. 

Justice tbqh. 

Now we have VAR surely they can idnetify when a player has dived or clearly dangled a leg to be caught  

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

there is literally zero chance that is “the sort of goal that’s been flagged offside for years”, between the ref, linesman and players nobody even knew why they were checking it, let alone did any of them debate giving it offside lol 

Absolutely 1000% that's Annfield pre-VAR the KOP all appeals and some weak ****ing lino flags. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

That is 100000% a dive. 

That's the next rule change I'd really like to see them make. I don't care if there's technically contact. 

He sees the leg and literally jumps over it. He literally starts jumping before there's contact. 

The irony is the same ref sent Vardy off for less. 

Justice tbqh. 

Absolutely . Can’t believe these commentators didn’t call it 

Surely that’s exactly the type of ‘penalty’ that VAR was meant to eradicate?

Clearly no contact, which you can understand the ref may not see in real time, but surely the VAR ref should be spotting it, and saying no penalty??

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Now we have VAR surely they can idnetify when a player has dived or clearly dangled a leg to be caught  

They'll just say he's made contact and Pogba has had to evade the challenge which got nowhere near the ball.

Pretty sure as the rules are currently written it was technically the right decision. 

It just shouldn't be tbh. I think the rules enable diving cvnts tbf. Even Vards as much as I love the guy, him and Hazard have been amongst the best in the world over the last few years at drawing a cheap foul by just running at a defenders leg. It ain't really right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

Marc Albrighton probably 

Marc Albrighton has won 100% more Premier League medals than Paul Pogba yet he's never even got an England call up. 

Pretty much everyone outside the New Parks thinks he's bobbins. 

• Like 1

Clear pen ...how can you not give that ??  Poor defending and a great save to follow 

as far as offside is concerned, why check the shoulder in that situation?  Infact, surely, the only time you would check the shoulder is if the attacker is attempting to score with his head (or shoulder as can happen)......... var is pooh on many occasions ......I was celebrating yesterday and rather than looking at our boys going nuts, I couldn’t take my eyes off the ref with his finger to his ear waiting to be told nothing had happened to disallow it 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Marc Albrighton has won 100% more Premier League medals than Paul Pogba yet he's never even got an England call up. 

I’m just trolling calm down mate wow 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Anyone going to point out to a particularly fiery @Finnegan this evening that 100% of 0 is not 1? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's the one thing Chelsea, United and Arsenal do all still have going for them, regardless how shit their squads.

I agree. Teams would be better off to have a go at them