Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

That's bullshit. You are following a bullshit agenda against him. He's won a World Cup, multiple scudettos, a Europa League and a League cup, scoring in the World Cup final and Europa league final. He is not a Virus, I bet you the United dressing room wouldn't say that about him and neither would the French team say that about him either. 

Notice that my post didn't mention anything about his ability as a footballer. I'm not disputing hes a talented player and hes won some major trophies for his country and whilst he was at Juve. His ability and his past successes have no bearing on the fact he is an absolute bell end. He's a hugely unlikeable person both on and off the pitch and is massively selfish. Gary Neville, who loves Man U, had to hold himself back on sky sports then from absolutely going to town on him. A team is built around team spirit and togetherness. Pogba is the absolute opposite and is all about himself. France do well as his virus affect doesn't influence them too much as hes surrounded by world class players. United don't have that luxury. United have many young, talented players like ourselves. I'm just glad our youngsters don't have the affect of him on them. Ps. This is my opinion. Many will agree with me and many will disagree. 

• Like 3

I do think Pogba gets a rough deal from fans. It was his individual skills that earned the pen and he was OK without being spectacular. I don't agree he's better then KDB though. Mctominay on the other hand is useless. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Notice that my post didn't mention anything about his ability as a footballer. I'm not disputing hes a talented player and hes won some major trophies for his country and whilst he was at Juve. His ability and his past successes have no bearing on the fact he is an absolute bell end. He's a hugely unlikeable person both on and off the pitch and is massively selfish. Gary Neville, who loves Man U, had to hold himself back on sky sports then from absolutely going to town on him. A team is built around team spirit and togetherness. Pogba is the absolute opposite and is all about himself. France do well as his virus affect doesn't influence them too much as hes surrounded by world class players. United don't have that luxury. United have many young, talented players like ourselves. I'm just glad our youngsters don't have the affect of him on them. Ps. This is my opinion. Many will agree with me and many will disagree. 

How is he selfish? Do you even know the guy? Do you know what his teammates think about him? Gary Neville doesn't even know him like that. 

Guest MattP
15 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

But hey I guess because he missed a penalty and plays in a Man United team thats rebuilding he is terrible. He is more talented than KDB and would get into any team in the prem, don't kid yourself.

He's obviously talented but he's nowhere near the level of KDB.

Pogba is a hugely talented player and he scored a lot of goals last season. The question mark is his work-rate and attitude. He hasn't quite slotted in and had the team built around him like he had at Juventus where he was pretty special. Playing slightly deeper hasn't helped, but he's made it clear he'd be happy to leave in the summer and that means he'll always be under the microscope in every game until he finally leaves. 

21 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

But hey I guess because he missed a penalty and plays in a Man United team thats rebuilding he is terrible. He is more talented than KDB and would get into any team in the prem, don't kid yourself.

Are you a United fan? Not having that any fan of any other club would defend a player so much. Especially a player as unlikeable as Pogba. You will be in a minority on this forum with your Pogba loving pal. As you will on any other forum apart from United forums. 

16 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

Only difference being De Bruyne is a footballer and Pogba is a social media moron. There’s rebuilding and there’s Man Utd, £500k a week Sanchez says it all really. 

1 minute ago, J.Lisemore said:

Only difference being De Bruyne is a footballer and Pogba is a social media moron. There’s rebuilding and there’s Man Utd, £500k a week Sanchez says it all really. 

Pogba is a World Cup winning footballer and De Bruyne is not. Huge difference. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That was never a penalty, if it was VAR'd then it proves once again then it's useless.

That’s what I thought, unless they give penos for avoiding a tackle. Also he didn’t miss it, the goalie made a great save and I’d have him in my team any day. 

47 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Traore actually looked like a footballer tonight, he was our MOTM. 

First time I've watched him during his time in England where he's not looked like a competition winner. 

I do think NES would be well served by taking a leaf out of Klopp's book and banning him from the weights room. As quick as he is his stamina is pretty poor and I think his agility would improve hugely if he lost a stone or two. On the evidence of tonight there may actually be a player in there somewhere. 

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Like 1

Pogba’s Main problem is Pogba. If he just got over himself he might actually reach something close to his potential. Undoubtedly talented, but equally a massive bell end. Shame because he has got talent. 

Edited by ARM1968

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting point at the end there.

That potentially lower class officials may be nervous or unsure to call a senior ref as being wrong. 

They should all be Upper Class and armed with Purdey’s. shoot any blighter who infringes the rules. Soon stamp it out. 

There's no argument that pogba is a top top footballer, but when he has moments like today people remember his love of social media and claim that his head is not in the right place.

Last season at United he was their best player. 13 goals and 9 assists in a team that were really poor going forward for all but 2 months of the season is sensational. I think he was rightly in the team of the season but again people relate United's form to Pogbas social media activity.

His persona will always make him a victim as he is an easy target for the media and pundits, regardless of how he performs.

If I was a coach at Wolves, I would lock Traore in a room with a ball, a goal and a keeper. And I wouldn’t let him out until he scored with every shot. If you worked on his positioning and his finishing he would be unplayable. Physically no one can match him in the league, I just wish he had the finesse to go with it, he is an absolute beast and should be destroying defenders on a weekly basis. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If I was a coach at Wolves, I would lock Traore in a room with a ball, a goal and a keeper. And I wouldn’t let him out until he scored with every shot. If you worked on his positioning and his finishing he would be unplayable. Physically no one can match him in the league, I just wish he had the finesse to go with it, he is an absolute beast and should be destroying defenders on a weekly basis. 

I think the coaches at La Masia probably know a thing or too about coaching and they got rid. He's the Spanish Justin Gatlin that can dribble a bit. 

• Like 2

You need to get the right tactical balance and discipline to get the best out of Pogba, he's a flair player who the star of the show in his own head - on his day like anyone else he is the star, ultimately a trait which doesn't make him a bad player. With Juve he usually had Marchisio & Sturaro to work the midfield engine while he acted as more of roaming playmaker,  similarly with France to get the best out of him he has Ngolo, which in turn unlocks more of Greizmann, all opening space up for Mbappe to run into; a pendulum of a team.

Its the major issue with Manchester United in recent years, its not that theyre buying bad players. Its they're buying them without much thought other than marketability & brand image, it's not about how the team is put together to play football 60+ times a season and achieve things in the process. Funnily enough it looks abit different albeit the wad blown on Wan Bissaka and the lack of a class engineroom midfielder, Maguire has also started steadily which makes them much more solid than Jones/Rojo combos.

• Like 1