Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

That's bullshit. You are following a bullshit agenda against him. He's won a World Cup, multiple scudettos, a Europa League and a League cup, scoring in the World Cup final and Europa league final. He is not a Virus, I bet you the United dressing room wouldn't say that about him and neither would the French team say that about him either. 

I don’t think the ability Pogba possesses is in doubt. He is clearly very talented. I think the issue with him is that at times he fails to display that talent on weekly basis, especially at Man U. I think when you pay £90m for a player he should be an absolute force when the team are doing well and a standout when they’re not - he has done the former very well it’s the latter that he has problems with. 

Everyone knows the talent is there, even Man U otherwise they would’ve happily have sold him this summer to Madrid. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

If I was a coach at Wolves, I would lock Traore in a room with a ball, a goal and a keeper. And I wouldn’t let him out until he scored with every shot. If you worked on his positioning and his finishing he would be unplayable. Physically no one can match him in the league, I just wish he had the finesse to go with it, he is an absolute beast and should be destroying defenders on a weekly basis. 

Schlupinator

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

If I was a coach at Wolves, I would lock Traore in a room with a ball, a goal and a keeper. And I wouldn’t let him out until he scored with every shot. If you worked on his positioning and his finishing he would be unplayable. Physically no one can match him in the league, I just wish he had the finesse to go with it, he is an absolute beast and should be destroying defenders on a weekly basis. 

He’d be in that room until the end of time. The goalkeeper might die of boredom. 

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I like Pogba. Gets too much hate from old farts like Souness and Garth Crooks, who wants every footballer to be like a 1982 version of them. I also think there's a bit if jealousy that they earned peanuts in their time whilst Pogba earns millions.

I bet Pogba is actually a fun guy to be around. He's always happy and laughing and smiling. Man is enjoying his profession. Cant have that in this country. You gotta be a miserable **** around here. 

I agree.

Also, I don't think Pogba has really attracted as much attention with any antics in his personal life over the summer and in the first couple of weeks of the season. He seems to have kept his head down, got on with things and isn't loudly agitating for a move. Sure, we might hear one or two rumours but if he wanted to leave at all costs it would be in every paper and on every website relentlessly, day after day.

When it comes to taking penalties, it looks like he's stopped that silly run-up that everyone criticised him for and is now going for a similar, but less exaggerated style to Rashford's. The penalty itself wasn't awful either. It was a good save, and was certainly no worse than Sergio Aguero's awful effort from 12 yards against West Ham (which, luckily for him, he had a second chance with because VAR noticed an infringement by Declan Rice).

I'm not sure if having two penalty takers is a hindrance or a masterstroke of modern management. Pogba's miss will automatically mean that Solskjaer is weak for allowing the players to decide between themselves. But, Pogba's run to win the penalty was excellent, and often players who win penalties will want to take them. Sure, as Rashford scored the last one, he'll justifiably feel that he gets the next one, and the next one, and the next one - until he misses. But I can also imagine players' confidence in their own ability fluctuating over time. Perhaps Rashford had a bad week on pens in training. Perhaps Pogba had an especially good one.

Regardless, last night's save was just a save for me. It wasn't an especially bad penalty and Pogba was unfortunate to have a negative spotlight on him when, to me, it looks like he's recently got his head down and is getting on with his football in a professional manner - something Solskjaer will no doubt be happy with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

But hey I guess because he missed a penalty and plays in a Man United team thats rebuilding he is terrible. He is more talented than KDB and would get into any team in the prem, don't kid yourself.

AAAAAAND THE DRUGS DON'T WORK

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Did someone in this thread really just try and claim Pogba is more talented than Kevin de Bruyne? 

Stop the Internet, I want to get off. 

At least when people say shit THAT retarded you know who actually watches football and who just plays fifa. 

****ing hell. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

But hey I guess because he missed a penalty and plays in a Man United team thats rebuilding he is terrible. He is more talented than KDB and would get into any team in the prem, don't kid yourself.

Could you describe Kevin De Bruyne for me please?

10 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That was never a penalty, if it was VAR'd then it proves once again then it's useless.

It was a penalty, yes Pogba made the most of it but Coady stuck a leg out and he had no complaints about it. Anywhere on the pitch that is a free kick.

VAR only overrules the referee when he has made a clear mistake which in this case, he hadn't. If there was no contact and an obvious dive, VAR would have said no penalty.

I still think there need to be better rules in the area because anything is blown outside the area but very little in the area for similar offences. Maybe they can start introducing more indirect freekicks instead of penalties for minor fouls. It's a joke at the minute how a foul in the penalty area must be pretty obvious to be given compared to anywhere else on the pitch. In particular when it comes to shirt pulling and pushing with hands.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It was a penalty, yes Pogba made the most of it but Coady stuck a leg out and he had no complaints about it. Anywhere on the pitch that is a free kick.

VAR only overrules the referee when he has made a clear mistake which in this case, he hadn't. If there was no contact and an obvious dive, VAR would have said no penalty.

I still think there need to be better rules in the area because anything is blown outside the area but very little in the area for similar offences. Maybe they can start introducing more indirect freekicks instead of penalties for minor fouls. It's a joke at the minute how a foul in the penalty area must be pretty obvious to be given compared to anywhere else on the pitch. In particular when it comes to shirt pulling and pushing with hands.

So you want to make it more clear by making it much more ambiguous? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

There used to be an indirect free kick for obstruction, I presume it's now a direct free kick although judging from the way many players, mostly defenders shepherd the ball out for goal kicks perhaps not.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Solskjaer coming out and saying that Pogba and Rashford are both designated penalty takers shows the lack of authority he has in that dressing room.

Personally I think you should have 1 penalty taker and if they are not on the pitch you have a 2nd option. Vardy is ours and Maddison is probably the 2nd if Vardy isn't on the pitch. Every player misses a penalty at some point but for me there shouldnt even be a discussion on the pitch about who takes a pen. That decision should be made by the manager before ko. 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Because he can't make a simple decision as to who is main penalty taker?

You're extrapolating a bit there mate.

What's wrong with having 2 designated takers, when both are on the pitch let them manage themselves. 

Only step in when it's not working, they've missed 1 penalty, it's hardly all going wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You're extrapolating a bit there mate.

What's wrong with having 2 designated takers, when both are on the pitch let them manage themselves. 

Only step in when it's not working, they've missed 1 penalty, it's hardly all going wrong.

Maybe, but there will be a time when Pogba/Rashford fight over who is having it. Why risk that? Choose who your penalty taker is then have a second choice if he is unable to take it for whatever reason.

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Maybe, but there will be a time when Pogba/Rashford fight over who is having it. Why risk that? Choose who your penalty taker is then have a second choice if he is unable to take it for whatever reason.

Don't see the need to set "number 1 taker". Let them sort it out till it gets to a point they're squabbling on the pitch and missing frequently. 

23 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't see the need to set "number 1 taker". Let them sort it out till it gets to a point they're squabbling on the pitch and missing frequently. 

You can't afford to be missing penalties frequently in the premier league or air your laundry in public and it is the managers job not to let it get to that point. Pogba missed three last season so coming into this new season it makes sense to switch it to someone else and Solskjaer has gone all in on Rashford by getting rid of Lukaku. Having him as the penalty taker would help solidify him as the main man and give Ole a bit more authority which he really needs. I think it shows a lack of attention to detail too, he sounded a bit like Kevin Keegan when he explained it.

Also, the main penalty taker needs to know they can miss one and not be taken off penalties. Vardy knows that he can miss one and not have Maddison breathing down his neck and doesn't need that extra pressure on him either. If your missing several then look at it again but Rashford hasn't missed one yet.